After School Daze - International Fan Forum for After School
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[DISCUSSION] Official Bang discussion thread

2 posters

Go down

[DISCUSSION] Official Bang discussion thread Empty [DISCUSSION] Official Bang discussion thread

Post by PlayboyzAdam Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:49 pm

There are a lot of things I dislike in songs e.g. the words girl, boy and love and there are concepts that I really h8 e.g. sad, love, needy, cute(especially ones that call for a fist to the face) which is why I initially really h8 Bcause of You(i.e. it contained lots of elements I resented). To my delight, Bang contains none of the elements I h8 Very Happy which I find to be really amazing Shocked because 99.99% of songs in existences contains at least one of the elements I h8 Mad . I was especially pleased that Bang wasn't another love song. I'm not entirely sure but my interpretation of the lyrics is that it has a throw down concept and this idea is supported by the fact that Kahi got the idea for Bang from the Drumline movie. The lyrics seems to indicate After School establishing who they are and throwing down challenges for anyone to follow/match or best them. Back in those days I remember seeing lots of comments(I just check and is seems like this has it still hasn't changed within recent years Very Happy ) with people being impressed with Raina's high note and Raina's high note does deserve the compliments but my favourite part of the song and the part I think is more important is Bekah's,

"Crisp, clean, original, new, quality is what we give to you"

For me, that line represents a promise from After School, a promise that After School will never comeback with something mediocre (or worst) and that's why I've never left their side in all the years I've known them for.

p.s. Bekah's "Come on, hey! Whatcha know about us" @1:41 is another one of my favourite parts. Too bad it's not part of the official lyrics.

PlayboyzAdam
Fifth Grader

Back to top Go down

[DISCUSSION] Official Bang discussion thread Empty Re: [DISCUSSION] Official Bang discussion thread

Post by OKDR Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:07 am

Well, Bang! is exactly that.

I don't love love concepts, to me the reason why Because of You isn't in my top 10 fav AS songs list is because of the autotune, but also a little bit of that style that was becoming repetitive (Son Dambi had a few songs that sound similar).

Bang! is meant to be an antheme, and that is probably the reason why SEVENTEEN & PRISTIN covered it putting their own input into the song. Yes, it's a throwdown as well as a song to define After School, I think that is why PRISTIN also made their own drumline-based song, We Are Pristin (that one is even more cheerleader-alike).
OKDR
OKDR
First Grader

Back to top Go down

[DISCUSSION] Official Bang discussion thread Empty Re: [DISCUSSION] Official Bang discussion thread

Post by PlayboyzAdam Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:12 am

@OKDR Because of You is in my top 10 favourite songs. I h8 auto tune too, I'm not a fan of synthetic vocals and that's why I h8 vocaliod songs. However I don't mind some auto tune in songs as long as it's not too much.

Does anyone know what they are saying in the intro of Bang? Renzel and I have asked Bekah on twitter before and even Bekah has no idea. What I hear is,

Guy 1: Hey, h-h-h-hey. Do you know Bob that goes to work.
Guy 2: What? Wait a minute honor.
Guy 1: It does it like ?!@!#

I can't tell if the intro is in English, Korean of Konglish.

PlayboyzAdam
Fifth Grader

Back to top Go down

Post by PlayboyzAdam Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:55 pm

OKDR wrote:Bang! is meant to be an antheme, and that is probably the reason why SEVENTEEN & PRISTIN covered it putting their own input into the song. Yes, it's a throwdown as well as a song to define After School, I think that is why PRISTIN also made their own drumline-based song, We Are Pristin (that one is even more cheerleader-alike).

I just went back to view Pristin's Produce 101 version of Bang and it impressed me as much as it did when I first saw it.

lol! I LOLed so hard when I heard Brave Brother's "brave sound" water mark at the start.

It's hilarious because Bang isn't composed by Brave Brothers but since Brave Brother's works are so ubiquitous in After School including that "brave sound" water mark in Bang is a nice homage to After School (LOL even if it incorrectly credits Brave Brothers). I really like how Junghyun (a.k.a Do Rei Mi Fa So La Si-Yeon a.k.a Do Rei Mi Fa SO La Xi-Yeon a.k.a Ddi Ddi a.k.a the one responsible for the arrangement of this version) added the gibberish intro and my favourite line "Crisp, clean, original, new, quality is what we give to you" which gave the performance a nice nostalgic feel to the song. I also really liked Rena's rap in the Produce 101 version which was more "in your face" aggressive and gave the performance more of a diss feel opposed to After School's version which gave me more of a throw down/invite/challenge feel.

I was disappointed by Printin's Pledis Girlz Bang concert version because they changed Rena's rap and it became less agressive and shared with Xiyeon. I was also disappoint by how they took out the "brave sound" water mark LOL maybe they did that for legal reasons.
The Produce 101 version of the line "Crisp, clean, original, new, quality is what we give to you" was sang stronger by Nayeon than when Kyla sang it in the Pledis Girlz concert version. I know Kylia's English is a lot better than Nayeons but that line and the meaning it presents transcends any language barrier so whether it is sang in English or Konglish as long as it's sang with the message in heart, the message will hold...basically what I'm saying is that I like Nayeon's version more even if her English is all over the place.

EDIT: The Produce 101 version I previously post is a cut form the actual episode where they left out the "Crisp, clean, original, new, quality is what we give to you" line however the full version of the performance that was posted on the Mnet website has that line starting at 1:25

PlayboyzAdam
Fifth Grader

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down