After School Daze - International Fan Forum for After School
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Discussion]General musings, speculations & observations thread

+5
Renzel
TreeTopMonkey
echyha
Rirism
PlayboyzAdam
9 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

[Discussion]General musings, speculations & observations thread - Page 6 Empty Re: [Discussion]General musings, speculations & observations thread

Post by PlayboyzAdam Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:50 am

I've notice a lot of rubbish comments about Siyeon's attitude in Produce 101 episode 6 I want to address...it's getting really late so I think I'll do that tomorrow when I get the time.

PlayboyzAdam
Fifth Grader

Back to top Go down

[Discussion]General musings, speculations & observations thread - Page 6 Empty Re: [Discussion]General musings, speculations & observations thread

Post by PlayboyzAdam Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:15 am

Siyeon has received a lot of negative comments for her behaviour in episode 6 of Produce 101 which I don't think she deserved. Siyeon has every rights to express her opinion and be upset given the way her opinions are dismissed.

I think Haein is a good leader and she lead her previous team well for their Irony performance but for this "Me Gustas Tu" performance she made a lot of mistake. Given the way Taeha performed, Haein should have just listened to Siyeon and gave Siyeon the main vocal position and I think Siyeon was right about not performing the song  with the dancing and even the music director independently express the same concern as Siyeon. With the dancing as part of the performance, they'll be compared with GFriend and then they'll have this to contend with this,

and while that might have been fine if it was a dance battle the problem is that his is a vocal battle and the attention should be focus on the vocals.

Siyeon was also criticise for her response when Taeha starts crying because Haein(who had a hard time leading this team because she was under a lot of pressure because she felt she failed her previous team) was crying.  Firstly, Siyeon wasn't being mean/rude to Taeha and  Siyeon was right when she said that was their only chance to let the trainers evaluate and provide feed back for them to improve and they're wasting that time bursting into tear, so try looking at it from Siyeon point of view...now try looking at from my point of view...OH COME ON!!! Some of us are patiently waiting for history to repeat itself so that Jea( i.e. one of the trainers) will pick Siyeon over Taeha for the main vocal position again. If Haein didn't start crying than I'm 99% sure that Siyeon would have been given position as the main vocalist. Right before Haein started crying, they've already evaluated Hyeri and Haein's high notes leaving only Siyeon, Taeha and Hyerim and from when they originally assigned the roles, Hyerim has already said she can't do the highs and we've(including Jea) seen Taeha's highs so that's why if they didn't get caught up with the crying, I'm pretty sure had the trainers' evaluation continued, Siyeon would have got the main vocalist position, not that it matters at the end because Siyeon still won within her group. You can say Siyeon might have been insensitive but there was a lot at stake and the trainers feed backs were very valuable plus Haein has only been listening to people in higher authority and dismissing Siyeon's opinions when Siyeon was right.

Last edited by PlayboyzAdam on Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:09 am; edited 1 time in total

PlayboyzAdam
Fifth Grader

Back to top Go down

Post by OKDR Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:40 am

By the way you are describing her, Siyeon looks like it would be the perfect girl to join After School. Of course she might get into fights with her unnies, but it seems she has a clear mind on what might work on stage and what might not work, depending on each one individual skills and group skills. That is something that the group has been lacking for a while.

I wish AS could use a member like that.

OKDR
OKDR
First Grader

Back to top Go down

Post by PlayboyzAdam Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:19 am

OKDR wrote:By the way you are describing her, Siyeon looks like it would be the perfect girl to join After School.
@OKDR I agree and I'm not saying that just because she's my bias amongst the Pledis trainees.

OKDR wrote:Of course she might get into fights with her unnies...
@OKDR I think that's OK. They'll fight, talking it out and get over it. That's how it's always been in After School.

OKDR wrote:...it seems she has a clear mind on what might work on stage and what might not work, depending on each one individual skills and group skills
@OKDR I agree. Siyeon is young but she's smart.

OKDR wrote:That is something that the group has been lacking for a while.

I wish AS could use a member like that.
@OKDR For After Schools next comeback I prefer that the member line up didn't change but I do want to see Siyeon in After School one day. I was hoping to see her in After School in their comeback following their next comeback. I'll be disappointed if she joins a different Pledis group beside After School.

PlayboyzAdam
Fifth Grader

Back to top Go down

Post by PlayboyzAdam Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:46 am

I just found out that voting for Produce 101 has changed so that you can only vote for a maximum of 5 people...the problem now it that there are 7 Pledis girls...hope Kyungwon doesn't get eliminated. She doesn't seem very popular in the show and she very talented. Kyungwon did the arrangement for this,

PlayboyzAdam
Fifth Grader

Back to top Go down

Post by OKDR Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:25 am

I'll try voting again then. I tried this weekend and couldn't :\

Regarding Siyeon, if by the time she joins is the same time we get to see the next come back, that might be too late. I hope that AS gets to come back sooner than this hypothetical situation of Siyeon debuting with them.
OKDR
OKDR
First Grader

Back to top Go down

Post by apsiroo Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:31 am

I have been hearing rumors that these Pledis Girls are the next generation of AS (meaning, graduate and replace everybody), and although I'm not opposed to the idea, I wonder what is to become of our current line-up. It seems like the girls are passively letting time pass by with their personal schedules and making their own income. Does anybody know if have they reached and surpassed the break-even point?

apsiroo
Maknae

Back to top Go down

Post by intrepid Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:55 pm

apsiroo wrote:I have been hearing rumors that these Pledis Girls are the next generation of AS (meaning, graduate and replace everybody), and although I'm not opposed to the idea, I wonder what is to become of our current line-up. It seems like the girls are passively letting time pass by with their personal schedules and making their own income. Does anybody know if have they reached and surpassed the break-even point?

Personally I find that rumour strange, I don’t think replacing everyone and calling it AS would work because it would piss off most of AS fans plus you would have a new group saddled with the baggage of inheriting AS image and having to live up to it, I think it more likely they would be in a new group starting off fresh with their own image.

I also don’t think the AS girls are “letting time pass by” but the inaction on AS is more likely a result of the fact that four of them have their contract up this year and Jung Ah being the first to leave pretty much brought any comeback plans for this year to a screaming halt, also I figure it likely Uee will also leave at the end of this month to purse acting fulltime probably being snatched up by Sidus HQ or KeyEast.

AS future is probably dependent on what Nana or Raina do because they are line AS can’t cross, if one decides to leave then the other will also go because that will mean both AS and OC are dead and Lizzy won’t stay either if they go, then AS will disband with Kaeun DJ’ing until her contract expires and E-Young we won’t hear of again in Pledis.
intrepid
intrepid
Second Grader

Back to top Go down

Post by PlayboyzAdam Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:12 am

OKDR wrote:I'll try voting again then. I tried this weekend and couldn't :\
@OKDR Right now isn't the voting period. I don't know when voting is available and haven't had time to thoroughly research it..although I'm guessing that voting will be available after the next set of evaluation performances. So far I've just been voting daily and hoping I'll get lucky.

apsiroo wrote:I have been hearing rumors that these Pledis Girls are the next generation of AS (meaning, graduate and replace everybody), and although I'm not opposed to the idea
@apsiroo the Pledis girls may one day eventually replace all the current AS members(like how all the original 5 members have graduated) but I doubt the Pledis girls will replace all current AS members all in one got...if they are then I'm against it and I hope it won't be any times soon because Nana said she wants to promote with AS until she's 30 then she wants to challenge something else and I've been holding her to those word like she promised them.

apsiroo wrote:Does anybody know if have they reached and surpassed the break-even point?
@apsiroo I think UEE has surpassed the break-even point a long time ago considering she earns 10 times as much as the other girls. I think Nana has surpassed the break-even considering she can afford her own house...not sure about the rest though.

intrepid wrote:Personally I find that rumour strange, I don’t think replacing everyone and calling it AS would work because it would piss off most of AS
@intrepid I'll be pretty pissed unless the current AS members are only replaced because they want to graduate and hopefully that'll be over the period of many years from now.

PlayboyzAdam
Fifth Grader

Back to top Go down

Post by PlayboyzAdam Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:22 pm

Siyeon teaching Ayoung how to rap in episode 7 of Produce 101. So nice of Siyeon to help another team out.

[Discussion]General musings, speculations & observations thread - Page 6 Teachi10

Last edited by PlayboyzAdam on Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:42 am; edited 1 time in total

PlayboyzAdam
Fifth Grader

Back to top Go down

Post by intrepid Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:13 am

For the period 28/02/16 - 05/03/16 SEVENTEEN’s ‘BOYS BE’ rose 8 places to #10 in the Album Chart while their 1st mini album ’17 CARAT’ rose 9 places to #29, Nu’est’s album ‘Q is’ rose 1 place to #14 in the chart.

For the month of February SEVENTEEN’s 2nd Mini Album `BOYS BE` rose 1 place for the month to #20 selling an additional 4669 albums while SEVENTEEN’s 1st Mini Album `17 CARAT` rose 8 places to #33 selling an additional 2639 albums; NU’EST’s ‘Q is’ debut at #15 selling 6177 albums.

SEVENTEEN’s total album sales are now…
126 574 + 4669 = 131,243
54 447 + 2639 = 57,086
Total album sales 131, 243 + 57, 086 = 188,329

On YouTube SEVENTEEN’s Manae now has 9,864,703 views while Adore U now has 8,314,586 views and Q&A has 1,120,539 views on their channel while on 1thek it has 3,310,060 views.

NU'EST comeback song OVERCOME has 1,451,802 views on the 1thek channel and 213,708 views on their channel.
intrepid
intrepid
Second Grader

Back to top Go down

Post by OKDR Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:08 am

Minkyeong and Kyungwon are out. I haven't seen the show, but some people were tweeting live.
OKDR
OKDR
First Grader

Back to top Go down

Post by PlayboyzAdam Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:46 am

OKDR wrote:Minkyeong and Kyungwon are out. I haven't seen the show, but some people were tweeting live
@OKDR Yep Sad sucks that they didn't get much screen time in the show.

PlayboyzAdam
Fifth Grader

Back to top Go down

Post by PlayboyzAdam Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:12 pm

OKDR wrote:I'll try voting again then. I tried this weekend and couldn't :\
@OKDR Voting is now available and there is about 17 hours left for this voting day. You can only vote for one person now instead of 5 now...which is fine for me because I've now started using multiple accounts to vote(you can only vote using a facebook or twitter MNET login). It's doesn't seem like there's a limit to how much you can vote in terms of IP restriction so if possible make as much MNET accounts using facebook and/or twitter and vote as much as you can, I'll try to use multiple accounts to vote as much as I can but I'm really busy these days so I may eventually go back to using 1 account to vote per day. I now have access to the Playgirlz  voter code(not long ago it was about 600Km away from me) but I don't have the time to make it work to vote on Produce 101.

P.S Someone please propose a project to ASDaze to call on all Playgirlz, L.O.Λ.E and Carats to help vote for Pledis girls. I want to do it but I'm too busy right now...hang on I'll just spam them with this Very Happy

PlayboyzAdam
Fifth Grader

Back to top Go down

Post by OKDR Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:28 am

I can't get to use those much multiple accounts, still I'll try voting as much as possible. Anyway, thanks for your dedication, Adam.
OKDR
OKDR
First Grader

Back to top Go down

Post by intrepid Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:02 am

For the period 06/03/16 - 12/03/16 SEVENTEEN’s ‘BOYS BE’ dropped 17 places to #27 in the Album Chart while their 1st mini album ’17 CARAT’ dropped 11 places to #40, Nu’est’s album ‘Q is’ dropped 8 places to #22 in the chart.

On YouTube SEVENTEEN’s Manae now has 10,128,298 views while Adore U now has 8,463,021 views and Q&A has 1,149,479 views on their channel while on 1thek it has 3,398,438 views.

NU'EST comeback song OVERCOME has 1,655,706 views on the 1thek channel and 227,471 views on their channel.
intrepid
intrepid
Second Grader

Back to top Go down

Post by intrepid Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:47 pm

For the period 13/03/16 - 19/03/16 SEVENTEEN’s ‘BOYS BE’ rose 15 places to #12 in the Album Chart while their 1st mini album ’17 CARAT’ rose 16 places to #24, Nu’est’s album ‘Q is’ rose 13 places to #9 in the chart.

On YouTube SEVENTEEN’s Manae now has 10,421,438 views while Adore U now has 8,609,879 views and Q&A has 1,181,334 views on their channel while on 1thek it has 3,488,883 views.

NU'EST comeback song OVERCOME has 1,840,794 views on the 1thek channel and 242,011 views on their channel.
intrepid
intrepid
Second Grader

Back to top Go down

Post by intrepid Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:25 pm

For the period 20/03/16 - 26/03/16 SEVENTEEN’s ‘BOYS BE’ dropped 12 places to #24 in the Album Chart while their 1st mini album ’17 CARAT’ dropped 9 places to #33, Nu’est’s album ‘Q is’ dropped 82 places to #91 in the chart.

On YouTube SEVENTEEN’s Manae now has 10,703,057 views while Adore U now has 8,742,132 views and Q&A has 1,214,382 views on their channel while on 1thek it has 3,592,637 views.

NU'EST comeback song OVERCOME has 2,021,565 views on the 1thek channel and 252,499 views on their channel.
intrepid
intrepid
Second Grader

Back to top Go down

Post by intrepid Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:30 pm

I’ve been wondering about Jung Ah’s graduation meeting and why we haven’t heard about it happening, I believe that it may have been postponed this long because Pledis is waiting for Uee to graduate and have it for them together, just a thought.
intrepid
intrepid
Second Grader

Back to top Go down

Post by PlayboyzAdam Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:04 am

intrepid wrote:I’ve been wondering about Jung Ah’s graduation meeting and why we haven’t heard about it happening, I believe that it may have been postponed this long because Pledis is waiting for Uee to graduate and have it for them together, just a thought.
@intrepid I've been pretty busy so I haven't put much thought into Jung Ah's graduate meeting. UEE doesn't need to graduate for them to find time to be together, UEE just needs to finish her current drama. I'm actually more wondering about what's been happening to E-young...practising for her debut as a rock chick?

PlayboyzAdam
Fifth Grader

Back to top Go down

Post by intrepid Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:00 pm

For the period 27/03/16 - 02/04/16 SEVENTEEN’s ‘BOYS BE’ rose 7 places to #17 in the Album Chart while their 1st mini album ’17 CARAT’ rose 2 places to #31, Nu’est’s album ‘Q is’ has dropped off the chart.

On YouTube SEVENTEEN’s Manae now has 10,962,703 views while Adore U now has 8,867,664 views and Q&A has 1,246,768 views on their channel while on 1thek it has 3,688,450 views.

NU'EST comeback song OVERCOME has 2,142,765 views on the 1thek channel and 252,499 views on their channel.

For the month of March SEVENTEEN’s 2nd Mini Album `BOYS BE` dropped 4 places for the month to #24 selling an additional 4115 albums while SEVENTEEN’s 1st Mini Album `17 CARAT` dropped 5 places to #38 selling an additional 2289 albums; NU’EST’s ‘Q is’ sold 2811 and dropped to #31 for a total of 8988 albums.

SEVENTEEN’s total album sales are now…

131,243 + 4115 = 135,358
57,086 + 2289 = 59,375
Total album sales 135, 358 + 59, 375 = 194,733
intrepid
intrepid
Second Grader

Back to top Go down

Post by intrepid Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:55 pm

On YouTube SEVENTEEN’s Manae now has 11,218,680 views while Adore U now has 8,995,001 views and Q&A has 1,280,908 views on their channel while on 1thek it has 3,769,554 views.

NU'EST comeback song OVERCOME has 2,286,722 views on the 1thek channel and 282,653 views on their channel.
intrepid
intrepid
Second Grader

Back to top Go down

Post by intrepid Wed May 04, 2016 10:25 pm

So Nana has changed her Instagram profile from “MY NAME IS NANA.Afterschool_Orange Caramel” <- that might not quite how it was but close enough, to “MY NAME IS NANA . 임진아”.

You could argue she “just” simplified things or whatnot but the question that comes to my mind is why bother to change it at all? Does anyone really think about their profile to the extent they make the time to change it unless they really “need” to change it! scratch

Of all the remaining members I would rate Nana as the most loyal and protective of After School and Orange Caramel, I get this impression from some of the things she’s said in the past that none of the others have said so for her to delete those two important identities from her Instagram when Orange Caramel is planning a comeback and where she currently has 1.3 million followers “is” a statement, the question is what kind of statement is it and what it might mean. Question

Maybe it’s nothing and she was just bored or maybe in an environment where idols can’t say things “directly” while they are under contract this might be a “indirect” warning to fans that an era is coming to an end. Crying or Very sad
intrepid
intrepid
Second Grader

Back to top Go down

Post by intrepid Fri May 06, 2016 12:37 am

I’ve missed a couple of weeks of updates because of work and laziness but since SEVENTEEN has made their comeback I thought I better run down the numbers so here they are.

For the period 24/04/16 – 30/04/16 SEVENTEEN has returned with a full album ‘LOVE&LETTER’ with the title track ‘Pretty U,’ and this is the gaon numbers…

It has debuted on the Digital Chart at #11 and is currently #5 in the Download Chart with 95,590 downloads for ‘Pretty U’ while ‘이놈의 인기’ is at #71 with 24,322 downloads, “Say Yes’ is at #75 with 23,640 downloads and ‘떠내려가’ is at #77 with 23,609 downloads, ‘엄지척’ is at #86 with 22,523 downloads and ‘사랑쪽지 (Love Letter)’ is at #87 with 22,488 downloads, ‘유행가’ is at #92 with 20,665 downloads; their total downloads for all songs charted is 232,837 downloads.

In the Streaming Chart ‘예쁘다’ is at #44 with 1,318,736 streams, on the Back Ground Music chart BGM ‘예쁘다’ is at #23, and in the weekly Mobile Chart for ringtones ‘예쁘다’ is at #57.

In the Album Charts ‘LOVE&LETTER’ is #1 while ’17 CARAT’ is at #32 after dropping 11 places from the previous week and ‘BOYS BE’ is currently at #51 after dropping 17 places.

On Billboards World Albums chart for the week of May 14, 2016 ‘LOVE&LETTER is at #3

On SEVENTEEN’S Youtube channel Pretty U has 1,441,102 views, Q&A has 1,374,929 views, Mansae has 11,978,802 view and Adore U has 9,383,416 views.

SEVENTEEN has also gotten their first music show win on Show Champion. cheers

Last edited by intrepid on Sun May 08, 2016 11:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
intrepid
intrepid
Second Grader

Back to top Go down

Post by intrepid Sat May 07, 2016 9:44 am

Lizzy has now got 300K Instagram followers, she is second to Nana who has 1.3 M followers, Raina has just past 100K followers and is in fourth place.

Uie is third with 277K followers, E-Young is fifth with 32.2K followers (she is the least active) and Kaeun is last with only 16K followers.
intrepid
intrepid
Second Grader

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next