[Discussion]General musings, speculations & observations thread

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[Discussion]General musings, speculations & observations thread

Post by intrepid on Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:13 pm

I started this thread for people to drop their thoughts on things that don’t seem to go anywhere else and don’t necessarily need a whole heap of threads to say one thing; So what have you seen, read or heard about Pledis, Pledis’s groups or current/former members that you want to get off your chest. scratch
avatar
intrepid
Second Grader

Posts : 200
Reputation : 13
Join date : 2014-04-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Discussion]General musings, speculations & observations thread

Post by PlayboyzAdam on Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:28 pm

I like the idea of this thread but I've go no news...

PlayboyzAdam
Fifth Grader

Posts : 1598
Reputation : 67
Join date : 2014-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Discussion]General musings, speculations & observations thread

Post by intrepid on Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:48 pm

PlayboyzAdam wrote:I like the idea of this thread but I've go no news...

Thank You, I'll start off with something.
avatar
intrepid
Second Grader

Posts : 200
Reputation : 13
Join date : 2014-04-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Discussion]General musings, speculations & observations thread

Post by intrepid on Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:58 pm

I start things off with two observations I’ve made that nobody seems to be talking about but I’ve found very interesting…

My first observation is that since at least last year Pledis has been doing a lot of projects with Brand New Music with Pledis members appearing in BNM artists music videos right up to San E and Raina’s AMSNS collaboration, but the most interesting thing I’ve noticed is that Brand New’s founder/president Rhymer shows up quite a bit in regards to Seventeen and I don’t know what to make of that, which makes me curious that the president of another label seems to be involved in a Pledis act in some way. Question

My second observation is in regards to former After School member So Young who left shortly after debut to “purse acting,” which I’ve never really bought, and the fact she is in the drama “High Society” which Uee is also in, making it the first time (at least that I know of) she has been in the same place at the same time as one of her former members.

I know she has said in an interview she isn’t in contact with any of the former members because their numbers changed, which is interesting since Bekah doesn’t seem to have that problem, but I’m going off topic, the thing that I’ve observed is that neither So Young nor Uee have posted a photo of themselves together on either of their social media sites since they started filming together; maybe it means something or maybe it means nothing but I still find it interesting since it’s not like they couldn’t have found time to do it. Suspect
avatar
intrepid
Second Grader

Posts : 200
Reputation : 13
Join date : 2014-04-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Discussion]General musings, speculations & observations thread

Post by PlayboyzAdam on Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:27 pm

intrepid wrote:...Rhymer shows up quite a bit in regards to Seventeen and I don’t know what to make of that, which makes me curious that the president of another label seems to be involved in a Pledis act in some way.
@intrepid, Pledis and Brand New Music probably form good relation after success of AMNS and so Brand New Music might be looking for more collaboration opportunities with Pledis.

intrepid wrote:...making it the first time (at least that I know of) she has been in the same place at the same time as one of her former members.
@intrepid, So Young was also in Dream High 2 with Kahi.

intrepid wrote:...maybe it means something or maybe it means nothing but I still find it interesting since it’s not like they couldn’t have found time to do it.
@intrepid, I think it means they are not really close or maybe they don't have the time. I remember when So young and Kahi was in Dream High 2 together Kahi said that they don't really have the time to contact each other because their schedules are packed.

PlayboyzAdam
Fifth Grader

Posts : 1598
Reputation : 67
Join date : 2014-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Discussion]General musings, speculations & observations thread

Post by intrepid on Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:03 pm

PlayboyzAdam wrote:
intrepid wrote:...Rhymer shows up quite a bit in regards to Seventeen and I don’t know what to make of that, which makes me curious that the president of another label seems to be involved in a Pledis act in some way.
@intrepid, Pledis and Brand New Music probably form good relation after success of AMNS and so Brand New Music might be looking for more collaboration opportunities with Pledis.

intrepid wrote:...making it the first time (at least that I know of) she has been in the same place at the same time as one of her former members.
@intrepid, So Young was also in Dream High 2 with Kahi.

intrepid wrote:...maybe it means something or maybe it means nothing but I still find it interesting since it’s not like they couldn’t have found time to do it.
@intrepid, I think it means they are not really close or maybe they don't have the time. I remember when So young and Kahi was in Dream High 2 together Kahi said that they don't really have the time to contact each other because their schedules are packed.

I think it’s good too that two different companies can work together and form a good working relationship to benefit both parties, but I hope that’s all it is because I don’t want it to become “so good” they do another Hello Venus type of collaboration because that worked out so well last time….not! And yet when have you ever heard of the head of another company being directly involved in some part with a group of another company? I’m not suggesting it’s something bad but it “is” unusual and so something I thought worth pointing out.

I didn’t know So Young was in Dream High 2 at the same time as Kahi but now that you mentioned it I looked and found this photo.

So despite their busy schedules they found the time to take a photo but maybe you’re right and she and Uee aren’t that close but still…

But as to time to see and talk together well I can say I’ve been lucky enough to visit a film set during filming and can say with authority they spend more time not filming than actually filming because each time they do a take it usually requires some preparation work to reset the scene or set up the scene to begin filming, and when that happens the actors are sitting around, eating, resting and checking their phones, so they have the time and the opportunity just not the will it would seem; so yeah maybe they don’t like each other or are not that close.
avatar
intrepid
Second Grader

Posts : 200
Reputation : 13
Join date : 2014-04-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Discussion]General musings, speculations & observations thread

Post by intrepid on Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:38 pm

Rumours:
Two rumours have surfaced today, the first that a person who left Pledis in April mentioned there are no plans for an AS comeback this year and Pledis is deciding on an OC comeback and/or a Raina comeback. Crying or Very sad

My thoughts are this is quite possible even though some of the girls have hinted that a comeback is being considered looking at the fact that all of them are scattered all over the place doing different things that will tie them up for at least another 2-3 months that leaves little time to train for one of their unique comebacks; also you have to consider the possibility if they are training someone to fill JooYeons’ spot then that takes time too.

The second rumour is that Uee is planning to graduate this year.
I have previously mentioned that once Uee’s acting career started to take off then you should brace yourselves for bad news, and Uee is already on her second drama this year and at an age where her idol career as a singer is coming to a close so I rate this as highly possible.

Now you are probably thinking, didn’t she just renew her contract with Pledis? Yes she did but we don’t know the details of that contract so staying in Pledis as an actor only is a possibility.

The thing is if this turns out to have some substance I think she may have signed for one more comeback before graduating because this would make good business sense from Pledis’s perspective but I have the distinct intuition that if she “is” planning to graduate Jung ah will graduate at the same time because I doubt she’ll want to be the only one from the early years left in the group, and it seems she’s focusing a lot of her energy into her new store lately like she’s preparing for life after Pledis.

This would put into doubt AS continuing on as I have also mentioned before, if too many leave then the likelihood of AS continuing becomes less likely because OC is more popular than AS anyway.

Let’s hope the next rumour we hear is somebody is getting ready to join AS because that would be a sign that Pledis believes AS has a future.
avatar
intrepid
Second Grader

Posts : 200
Reputation : 13
Join date : 2014-04-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Discussion]General musings, speculations & observations thread

Post by Rirism on Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:48 pm

Ok i have something to say so brace yourselves. There's something wrong in Pledis lately. I noticed it because of the amount of people leaving the company and the amount of secrets that they have behind the scenes.

1st thing 1st. Brand New may be involved into the release of Seventeen i mean, that i think they invested something into them and that's why Rhymer is everywhere. If they invested in Seventeen this means Pledis made some agreement with them and if things go wrong i'm afraid Pledis will stop promoting Seventeen because of lack of founds.

2nd thing. Nu'Est is going the same path as After School. After they were doing "good" in Korea they started promoting in Japan and had long hiatuses and kinda disappeared from Korea and doesn't this make you think about the same thing that happened with After School not long time ago? I'm also afraid all the plans for them will be cancelled and they'll stick doing tours and staying in Japan from the time being.
It's also pretty annoying how the boys seem to have lost interest in everything lately and they seem to don't like what they're currently doing and there are rumors either Baekho or Aron will leave because of their lack of promotions.

3rd thing. After School will ever comeback with the current line up? It feels like none of them is preparing for something and everyone thinks at themselves so i'm wondering if Jungah it's starting the shop so in the end she can graduate and still have some incomes since she's not an actress. Also Uee it's usually more with Jooyeon and Jungah and seem to have forgot the other members(not that the other members seem to remember her anyway) and looks like there's something going on between her and Nana(i remember someone saying that because of Nana's popularity Uee lost her chance of acting in a drama because the producers wanted Nana).

4th thing. Is Pledis getting rid of the "dead weights" in the company or they're just losing everything? Seems like neither Uee or Jungah will stay in the company for too long from now on and that means soon Raina will be the leader and we'll have a 5 member group (and that'll be fine cause they'll actually have more profits like that since OC is pretty known and will get some incomes). It'll be nice to have another comeback with the current lineup BUT if Uee and Jungah graduate anytime soon it's better for Pledis to DON'T put any girl in the group before Kaeun and Eyoung get more recognition. Just let these 5 promote and see what happens cause i bet they'll do well. Of course they'll lose some popularity cause Uee gets new fans everyday but they have OC to do this and if they promote Kaeun and Eyoung well they can make a powerful band.
You know what i think is that Pledis is trying to promote as much as they can OC and probably have some little plans for the maknaes too before Uee and Jungah graduate and they probably know that'll come soon and just want the best.
I don't think i'll survive another year without After School and even a little mixtape/video/little promotion of them this year would make me happy.

Sorry for long ass post lol.
avatar
Rirism
Pre-schooler

Posts : 46
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2014-08-23

View user profile http://rirism.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: [Discussion]General musings, speculations & observations thread

Post by intrepid on Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:02 am

Rirism wrote:Ok i have something to say so brace yourselves. There's something wrong in Pledis lately. I noticed it because of the amount of people leaving the company and the amount of secrets that they have behind the scenes.

1st thing 1st. Brand New may be involved into the release of Seventeen i mean, that i think they invested something into them and that's why Rhymer is everywhere. If they invested in Seventeen this means Pledis made some agreement with them and if things go wrong i'm afraid Pledis will stop promoting Seventeen because of lack of founds.

2nd thing. Nu'Est is going the same path as After School. After they were doing "good" in Korea they started promoting in Japan and had long hiatuses and kinda disappeared from Korea and doesn't this make you think about the same thing that happened with After School not long time ago? I'm also afraid all the plans for them will be cancelled and they'll stick doing tours and staying in Japan from the time being.
It's also pretty annoying how the boys seem to have lost interest in everything lately and they seem to don't like what they're currently doing and there are rumors either Baekho or Aron will leave because of their lack of promotions.

3rd thing. After School will ever comeback with the current line up? It feels like none of them is preparing for something and everyone thinks at themselves so i'm wondering if Jungah it's starting the shop so in the end she can graduate and still have some incomes since she's not an actress. Also Uee it's usually more with Jooyeon and Jungah and seem to have forgot the other members(not that the other members seem to remember her anyway) and looks like there's something going on between her and Nana(i remember someone saying that because of Nana's popularity Uee lost her chance of acting in a drama because the producers wanted Nana).

4th thing. Is Pledis getting rid of the "dead weights" in the company or they're just losing everything? Seems like neither Uee or Jungah will stay in the company for too long from now on and that means soon Raina will be the leader and we'll have a 5 member group (and that'll be fine cause they'll actually have more profits like that since OC is pretty known and will get some incomes). It'll be nice to have another comeback with the current lineup BUT if Uee and Jungah graduate anytime soon it's better for Pledis to DON'T put any girl in the group before Kaeun and Eyoung get more recognition. Just let these 5 promote and see what happens cause i bet they'll do well. Of course they'll lose some popularity cause Uee gets new fans everyday but they have OC to do this and if they promote Kaeun and Eyoung well they can make a powerful band.
You know what i think is that Pledis is trying to promote as much as they can OC and probably have some little plans for the maknaes too before Uee and Jungah graduate and they probably know that'll come soon and just want the best.
I don't think i'll survive another year without After School and even a little mixtape/video/little promotion of them this year would make me happy.

Sorry for long ass post lol.

To answer point 2, it actually makes sound economic sense for Pledis to work the Japanese market and here are some reasons why; Japan is said to be the world’s 2nd largest music market but it has exceeded the US in 2012 and that represents 25% of global sales, or to put a monetary figure on it, Japanese revenue from music in 2014 was $2,627,900,000 USD while in comparison South Korea’s was $265,800,000 USD.

I don’t really follow Nu’Est but I have read news titbits and it seems they are doing fairly well in Japan with their music as well as appearing in a drama and TV appearances; this is a good thing and it only sucks if you prefer them singing in Korean over them singing in Japanese, also they only started touring Japan after touring in America so they are working the angles in a lot of markets but unlike AS at least they’re busy doing something music related.

In answer to point 3, It’s painful waiting for an AS comeback but will it be this year? I have my doubts because I think I read that Uee’s current drama is for 50 episodes (her last was 16) and they are only airing episode 8 today so if she started filming two weeks before it started to air that means she’ll be tied up for at least for another 22-23 weeks! Nanna is constantly on the move and I doubt the poor girl even knows what country she’s in the way she bounces between Korea, China, Japan and Thailand; She is currently doing a film in China so who knows when that will wrap up, plus some variety shows there.
Also I haven’t heard of any tension between her an Uee and the only drama related job Nana has done in Korea was a bit part not even worthy of Uee’s talent anyway, and Uee has been doing dramas practically back to back so I know where that rumour came from.
Raina has just started her musical and I don’t know when that is supposed to end and Lizzy has been globetrotting with Tasty Road but that has gone on hiatus so she is probably free at the moment. But yeah, they are barely together so where are they going to find the time for a comeback? However that is probably why Uee is hanging out with Jungah and Jooyeon because she closer in age to those two and probably just closer in general and none of these girls live in the dorm anymore anyway so I don’t read too much into it.

Your point 4 is worrying because you think AS can continue as a 5 member team because I don’t think it will or can; 8 members may seem excessive but what it does is give AS a lot of flexibility like when a member isn’t present or like last year when OC was promoting and the other 5 were still doing stage performances, they couldn’t do that with 5 members and you also have to contend with the fact that neither E Young or Kaeun are powerfully enough vocally to replace Jung ah if she leaves and that would hurt AS’s overall sound quality.

E Young’s contract is up next year probably and she has always been the odd one out in AS, her strengths are in playing instruments and it’s a talent that AS can’t really use and the only reason I think she got put in AS is because Yo Ara and Yoonjo were transferred to Hello Venus and they were much better vocally than she is and more likely to have gotten her spot had that not happened, and “if” E Young’s contract is up next year and “if” both Uee and Jung ah graduate the more likely thing to happen is OC will become a main act and AS will disband and E Young will leave Pledis or stay and do something else.

Jooyeon spot “needs” to be filled because that’s the only way AS can continue if the other two graduate, and if/when they do then have them replaced as well but the real question is do they have anyone lined up who can replace them because while Pledis has quite a few female trainees if Pledis is thinking of using them to start a new girl group they have very few to spare.
avatar
intrepid
Second Grader

Posts : 200
Reputation : 13
Join date : 2014-04-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Discussion]General musings, speculations & observations thread

Post by Rirism on Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:54 am

intrepid wrote:

To answer point 2, it actually makes sound economic sense for Pledis to work the Japanese market and here are some reasons why; Japan is said to be the world’s 2nd largest music market but it has exceeded the US in 2012 and that represents 25% of global sales, or to put a monetary figure on it, Japanese revenue from music in 2014 was $2,627,900,000 USD while in comparison South Korea’s was $265,800,000 USD.

I don’t really follow Nu’Est but I have read news titbits and it seems they are doing fairly well in Japan with their music as well as appearing in a drama and TV appearances; this is a good thing and it only sucks if you prefer them singing in Korean over them singing in Japanese, also they only started touring Japan after touring in America so they are working the angles in a lot of markets but unlike AS at least they’re busy doing something music related.

In answer to point 3, It’s painful waiting for an AS comeback but will it be this year? I have my doubts because I think I read that Uee’s current drama is for 50 episodes (her last was 16) and they are only airing episode 8 today so if she started filming two weeks before it started to air that means she’ll be tied up for at least for another 22-23 weeks! Nanna is constantly on the move and I doubt the poor girl even knows what country she’s in the way she bounces between Korea, China, Japan and Thailand; She is currently doing a film in China so who knows when that will wrap up, plus some variety shows there.
Also I haven’t heard of any tension between her an Uee and the only drama related job Nana has done in Korea was a bit part not even worthy of Uee’s talent anyway, and Uee has been doing dramas practically back to back so I know where that rumour came from.
Raina has just started her musical and I don’t know when that is supposed to end and Lizzy has been globetrotting with Tasty Road but that has gone on hiatus so she is probably free at the moment. But yeah, they are barely together so where are they going to find the time for a comeback? However that is probably why Uee is hanging out with Jungah and Jooyeon because she closer in age to those two and probably just closer in general and none of these girls live in the dorm anymore anyway so I don’t read too much into it.

Your point 4 is worrying because you think AS can continue as a 5 member team because I don’t think it will or can; 8 members may seem excessive but what it does is give AS a lot of flexibility like when a member isn’t present or like last year when OC was promoting and the other 5 were still doing stage performances, they couldn’t do that with 5 members and you also have to contend with the fact that neither E Young or Kaeun are powerfully enough vocally to replace Jung ah if she leaves and that would hurt AS’s overall sound quality.

E Young’s contract is up next year probably and she has always been the odd one out in AS, her strengths are in playing instruments and it’s a talent that AS can’t really use and the only reason I think she got put in AS is because Yo Ara and Yoonjo were transferred to Hello Venus and they were much better vocally than she is and more likely to have gotten her spot had that not happened, and “if” E Young’s contract is up next year and “if” both Uee and Jung ah graduate the more likely thing to happen is OC will become a main act and AS will disband and E Young will leave Pledis or stay and do something else.

Jooyeon spot “needs” to be filled because that’s the only way AS can continue if the other two graduate, and if/when they do then have them replaced as well but the real question is do they have anyone lined up who can replace them because while Pledis has quite a few female trainees if Pledis is thinking of using them to start a new girl group they have very few to spare.

I know Nu'Est is gathering profits from Japan but that'll just lower their popularity in Korea because after all they're a korean boy band and even if they'll keep promoting in Japan they'll want to come back in Korea and no one will be interested in them.

I also know how occupied the girls are but if we don't have the faith for a comeback then why don't we let them disband already? I am just hoping they'll do something as a group this year and not only OC will work.
Yes i think they'd be better as a 5 members group. Why? The income will be good for all of them and will give the chance to the maknaes to have some spotlight too. Of course Eyoung could go next year and AS could disband soon too if the things go wrong but i am just assuming that if either Jungah or Uee leave they shouldn't add someone else in the group. 1st because the pledis trainees are not that good and 2nd because adding someone else will only bring the same path: she'll get ignored so i don't think having 3 "dead weights" in a group is good tbh.
avatar
Rirism
Pre-schooler

Posts : 46
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2014-08-23

View user profile http://rirism.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: [Discussion]General musings, speculations & observations thread

Post by PlayboyzAdam on Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:57 am

Rirism wrote:and looks like there's something going on between her and Nana(i remember someone saying that because of Nana's popularity Uee lost her chance of acting in a drama because the producers wanted Nana).
@Rirism, I don't know anything about anyone saying UEE lost an acting opportunity because of Nana but I'm still under the impression that UEE is more popular than Nana in Korea.

Rirism wrote:Is Pledis getting rid of the "dead weights" in the company or they're just losing everything?
@Rirism, I think Pledis is just "losing everything". Pledis tried to negotiate with my favourite "dead weight" for her to stay in After School so Pledis sure doesn't look like they are trying to get rid of "dead weights".

Rirism wrote:...Just let these 5 promote and see what happens cause i bet they'll do well.
@Rirism, I agree

Rirism wrote:Sorry for long ass post lol.
@Rirism....I'm not sure if I've mentioned this yet but I like read long ass posts. Keep them coming Smile


intrepid wrote:...and Lizzy has been globetrotting with Tasty Road
@intrepid, does any body know where I can see Tasty Road English subbed?

intrepid wrote:Your point 4 is worrying because you think AS can continue as a 5 member team because I don’t think it will or can
@intrepid, Haha, have you forgotten that After School started out as a 5 member group?


intrepid wrote:you also have to contend with the fact that neither E Young or Kaeun are powerfully enough vocally to replace Jung ah if she leaves and that would hurt AS’s overall sound quality.
@intrepid, neither E-young and Kaeun need to replace Jung Ah. E-young and Kaeun can just take the place of Juyeon and Soyoung in the original 5 member line up. Also the original 5 member lineup had 3 core performing members (Kahi, Jung Ah and Bekah) and similarly in Riri's 5 member line up the 3 core performing members will be Raina, Nana and Lizzy. I'll be fun to see Raina develop her rapping skill and be the main rapper(she did go into AS by rapping), Nana as the main dancer and Lizzy and the main vocalist(it can happen)...or they can just get assign position according to whatever sound best like what they're doing in right now.

Rirism wrote:Yes i think they'd be better as a 5 members group. Why? The income will be good for all of them and will give the chance to the maknaes to have some spotlight too.
@Rirism, I agree...unless the Kahi and Bekah have finished their extend hiatus from After School and are ready to come back Smile

Rirism wrote:Jungah or Uee leave they shouldn't add someone else in the group
@Rirism, Agree!

PlayboyzAdam
Fifth Grader

Posts : 1598
Reputation : 67
Join date : 2014-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Discussion]General musings, speculations & observations thread

Post by Rirism on Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:33 pm

PlayboyzAdam wrote:
@Rirism, I don't know anything about anyone saying UEE lost an acting opportunity because of Nana but I'm still under the impression that UEE is more popular than Nana in Korea.

Yes she is but girls are evil and everything is possible

PlayboyzAdam wrote:
@Rirism, I think Pledis is just "losing everything". Pledis tried to negotiate with my favourite "dead weight" for her to stay in After School so Pledis sure doesn't look like they are trying to get rid of "dead weights".

I'm sorry if that sounded rude but even if they bought some incomes they were still underrated af and i don't know i think it's better both for them and the company?

PlayboyzAdam wrote:
@Rirism....I'm not sure if I've mentioned this yet but I like read long ass posts. Keep them coming Smile
i'm happy you enjoy them you should see my occasional rants on twitter ahaha

PlayboyzAdam wrote:

@Rirism, I agree...unless the Kahi and Bekah have finished their extend hiatus from After School and are ready to come back Smile
That would be cool
avatar
Rirism
Pre-schooler

Posts : 46
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2014-08-23

View user profile http://rirism.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: [Discussion]General musings, speculations & observations thread

Post by PlayboyzAdam on Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:35 pm

Rirism wrote:I'm sorry if that sounded rude but even if they bought some incomes they were still underrated af and i don't know i think it's better both for them and the company?
@Rirism that's OK, you did not sound rude to me.

PlayboyzAdam
Fifth Grader

Posts : 1598
Reputation : 67
Join date : 2014-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Discussion]General musings, speculations & observations thread

Post by intrepid on Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:26 pm

So Hello Venus are back with a new single called “I’m I’ll” or “I’m Artistic,” it seems that their company has dropped the overtly sexy concept for a more normal one which I think suits them better. I was curious when Lizzy and Jung Ah both tweeted to highlight the comeback and both also only hash tagged Lime’s name and not any of the others so maybe Lime has friends in Pledis other than YoonJo which is nice.(EDIT: Kaeun has also joined in support of HV and Lime but also mentioned Nara and YooYoung.)
Personally I’m not a fan of the song mainly because it’s a club song in the electro-house vein and I really don’t like that type of music, and it’s such a departure from their last two songs which were again a departure from HV’s previous works it feels as if Fantagio thinks if it throws enough crap at the wall something is bound to stick while forgetting that at the end of the day it’s still all crap!
Anyway I’ll chart its progress and see how well it does and let everyone know but I’m interested in what everyone thinks about it because I think it’s an improvement (somewhat) in that it’s catchy and they distributed the lines better, I’m not really feeling it yet. silent
avatar
intrepid
Second Grader

Posts : 200
Reputation : 13
Join date : 2014-04-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Discussion]General musings, speculations & observations thread

Post by Rirism on Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:11 pm


HOW. IS. THIS. POSSIBLE.
avatar
Rirism
Pre-schooler

Posts : 46
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2014-08-23

View user profile http://rirism.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: [Discussion]General musings, speculations & observations thread

Post by PlayboyzAdam on Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:24 pm

Rirism wrote:HOW. IS. THIS. POSSIBLE.
@Rirism, Correct me if I'm wrong but...Raina's Reset promotion flopped, Orange Caramel's My Copycat flopped, Lizzy's Not an Easy Girl promotion flopped. While Seventeen maybe having success in terms of physical sales, do the calculations and you'll see that Seventeen is actually earning less that what Raina and San E's AMSN is bringing in for Pledis. Not taking expenses into consideration, then AMSN gets about $520000 per month and Adore You(using Yesia price) gives Pledis about $450000 per month. Note that AMSN isn't being promoted anymore so there's no promotional costs associated with AMSN but it's still earning more than what seven is earning. Taking into consideration the amount of money Pledis needs to promote Seven, training them, the amount of members they have and the costs associated with producing and distributing physical album, I don't think Pledis is gaining much money from Seventeen. I actually think they are lossing money. I think Pledis' last 4 promotions ended up costing them more than they've earned.

EDIT: I've fixed spelling and grammar mistakes so this post would make more sense now.


Last edited by PlayboyzAdam on Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:04 am; edited 1 time in total

PlayboyzAdam
Fifth Grader

Posts : 1598
Reputation : 67
Join date : 2014-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Discussion]General musings, speculations & observations thread

Post by echyha on Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:27 pm

Rirism wrote:
HOW. IS. THIS. POSSIBLE.


i also come here to ask same topic...that lizzy just joke right???
cause if its real,,,im really dissapointed with pledis Mad
avatar
echyha
Maknae

Posts : 3
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Discussion]General musings, speculations & observations thread

Post by Rirism on Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:55 pm

PlayboyzAdam wrote:
Rirism wrote:HOW. IS. THIS. POSSIBLE.
@Rirism, Correct me if I'm wrong but...Raina's Reset promotion flopped, Orange Caramel's My Copycat flopped, Lizzy's Not an Easy Girl promotion flopped. While Seventeen maybe having success in terms of physical sales do the calculation and you'll see that Seventeen is actually earning less that what Raina and San E's AMSN is bringing in, not take expenses into consideration AMSN gets $about 520000 per month and Adore You(using Yesia price) gives Pledis about $450000 but taking into consideration then about of money Pledis needs to promote Seven, training them, the amount of  members they have and the costs associated with producing and ditributing physical album I don't think Pledis gaining much money from Seventeen, I actually think they are lossing money. I think Pledis last 4 promotions ended you costing them more than they've earned.

i got no desire to reply i am plain disappointed about anything at the moment
avatar
Rirism
Pre-schooler

Posts : 46
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2014-08-23

View user profile http://rirism.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: [Discussion]General musings, speculations & observations thread

Post by intrepid on Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:57 pm

I’m going to play devil’s advocate here and say no money for a comeback does not mean Pledis is broke just that it doesn’t have money to spare at the moment. Neutral

So what’s the difference and why is Pledis low on funds? Well let’s look at the last six or so months and were money has been spent, (that we know of) and I’m going to point out that Pledis moved to new premises which would have to be renovated which isn’t cheap plus we were told JungAh, Uee, Raina, Nana and Lizzy all re-signed this year which also wouldn’t have been cheap as any of these girls could have gone to another agency so they no doubt got a good deal which could have meant a larger share of the play distribution or even a signing bonus or both plus Seventeens debut which would have to be properly promoted; that’s a lot of outlays in a very short time and may make an After School comeback an expensive “promotion” at a time where things are tight. Sad

Now I called After School’s comeback a “promotion” for a very good reason because honestly does anyone really think that Kpop groups make money releasing a mini-album a year? Maybe a top tier group but not groups that are middle ground which is why acting, CF’s and such are so important because that is where money is made and the music is to just promote the members to get them popular enough that they are in demand for those “paying” jobs.
And Pledis having so many contracts up this year must have been hell to figure out who to suck up to and who they couldn’t afford to lose and who to cut lose if any. Son Dambi is probably the one person they really needed to stay but she would have been real expensive, I’m talking like a 500,000 to 1,000,000 dollar re-signing deal and maybe even more than that for all we know so she walked, as for Kahi the only reason she would stay is to release music but if Pledis couldn’t guarantee a comeback anytime soon there would be no real incentive for her to stay, Jooyeon was obviously someone they wanted to stay from what we heard but Pledis couldn’t entice her so yeah things are tight at the moment but don’t write off Pledis yet until we get some clarification and hope to hell it isn’t as bad as what we are thinking. affraid
avatar
intrepid
Second Grader

Posts : 200
Reputation : 13
Join date : 2014-04-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Discussion]General musings, speculations & observations thread

Post by PlayboyzAdam on Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:23 pm

Rirism wrote:i got no desire to reply i am plain disappointed about anything at the moment
@Rirism...it is my spelling and grammar mistakes? Hehe, yeah I'm disappointed by my writing skills too...I come from an English speaking speaking country so.. Embarassed Or are you disappointed in Pledis? I'm pretty proud of Pledis for what they they've done. They've done their best to keep After School together, they've treated After School well and they and refused to contribute to the of basicity of K-pop. As a fan, I couldn't ask any more of Pledis.

intrepid wrote:I’m going to play devil’s advocate here and say no money for a comeback does not mean Pledis is broke just that it doesn’t have money to spare at the moment.
@intrepid, I agree.

intrepid wrote:...don’t write off Pledis yet until we get some clarification...
@intrepid, I think Pledis is doing a pretty damn good job Very Happy

PlayboyzAdam
Fifth Grader

Posts : 1598
Reputation : 67
Join date : 2014-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Discussion]General musings, speculations & observations thread

Post by Rirism on Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:03 pm

PlayboyzAdam wrote:
Rirism wrote:i got no desire to reply i am plain disappointed about anything at the moment
@Rirism...it is my spelling and grammar mistakes? Hehe, yeah I'm disappointed by my writing skills too...I come from an English speaking speaking country so.. Embarassed Or are you disappointed in Pledis? I'm pretty proud of Pledis for what they they've done. They've done their best to keep After School together, they've treated After School well and they and refused to contribute to the of basicity of K-pop. As a fan, I couldn't ask any more of Pledis.

No it's neither for your grammar(which is pretty good) or Pledis. Just disappointed as a fan. I don't really know Crying or Very sad And no i'm not disappointed for After School is just that it breaks my heart that this happens. (i think it's because i'm not a positive person and i stress too much about everything)
avatar
Rirism
Pre-schooler

Posts : 46
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2014-08-23

View user profile http://rirism.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: [Discussion]General musings, speculations & observations thread

Post by PlayboyzAdam on Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:43 pm

Rirism wrote:i think it's because i'm not a positive person and i stress too much about everything
@Rirism, the most stressful thing to me right now is that the comments and activity from fans might to pressure AS to comeback when they are not ready. I don't want Pledis  to push out a mediocre AS comeback just to prove to fans they are not broke(if Pledis gives AS a cheap/half-arse comeback I'll raise hell on this fandom) and neither do I want Pledis to push out a half-arse comeback just because fans are sick of waiting for a comeback. While Pledis haven't always given AS songs that suit my taste(there are  AS songs that's taken a long time for me to get into)  Pledis has always done their best to produce something innovative/artistic for After School or something that speak of their talents and that I can appreciate because I know at least they care about the fans. If Pledis makes a half-arse comeback for After School, I'll feel pretty betrayed but  I'll vent out most of my anger on this fandom because at this point it is clear that Pledis/After School don't think they ready for a comeback but it's think fandom that's pushing for one regardless.

PlayboyzAdam
Fifth Grader

Posts : 1598
Reputation : 67
Join date : 2014-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Discussion]General musings, speculations & observations thread

Post by Rirism on Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:30 pm

PlayboyzAdam wrote:
Rirism wrote:i think it's because i'm not a positive person and i stress too much about everything
@Rirism, the most stressful thing to me right now is that the comments and activity from fans might to pressure AS to comeback when they are not ready. I don't want Pledis  to push out a mediocre AS comeback just to prove to fans they are not broke(if Pledis gives AS a cheap/half-arse comeback I'll raise hell on this fandom) and neither do I want Pledis to push out a half-arse comeback just because fans are sick of waiting for a comeback. While Pledis haven't always given AS songs that suit my taste(there are  AS songs that's taken a long time for me to get into)  Pledis has always done their best to produce something innovative/artistic for After School or something that speak of their talents and that I can appreciate because I know at least they care about the fans. If Pledis makes a half-arse comeback for After School, I'll feel pretty betrayed but  I'll vent out most of my anger on this fandom because at this point it is clear that Pledis/After School don't think they ready for a comeback but it's think fandom that's pushing for one regardless.
Our is the best fandom ever bounce
avatar
Rirism
Pre-schooler

Posts : 46
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2014-08-23

View user profile http://rirism.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: [Discussion]General musings, speculations & observations thread

Post by PlayboyzAdam on Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:58 pm

Rirism wrote:Our is the best fandom ever  bounce
@Rirism, I'm 99.9999999...% sure you are being sarcastic. Which ever is the case, you guys know how I feel about this fandom.

PlayboyzAdam
Fifth Grader

Posts : 1598
Reputation : 67
Join date : 2014-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Discussion]General musings, speculations & observations thread

Post by Rirism on Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:27 am

PlayboyzAdam wrote:
Rirism wrote:Our is the best fandom ever  bounce
@Rirism, I'm 99.9999999...% sure you are being sarcastic. Which ever is the case, you guys know how I feel about this fandom.
I am 99% of the time sarcastic the other 1% i'm crying or depressed. Surprised
I don't like our fandom sometimes too but what can we do
avatar
Rirism
Pre-schooler

Posts : 46
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2014-08-23

View user profile http://rirism.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: [Discussion]General musings, speculations & observations thread

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum