After School Daze - International Fan Forum for After School
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[DISCUSSION] AS Ranking in 2013 and 2014

+4
PlayboyzAdam
albeitalways
K-kitsune
Renzel
8 posters

Go down

[DISCUSSION] AS Ranking in 2013 and 2014 Empty [DISCUSSION] AS Ranking in 2013 and 2014

Post by Renzel Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:24 pm

So yeah, Sports Chosun released their annual girl group ranking again and based from AS' rank from last year and this year, it seems like they didn't moved a single position T^T What do you guys think? And what we should do to help them gain more popularity? Share your opinions below (:

LAST YEAR
[DISCUSSION] AS Ranking in 2013 and 2014 IbS0eQ6Uk2G3Z

THIS YEAR
[DISCUSSION] AS Ranking in 2013 and 2014 Ibq7ukYdDhfhx
Renzel
Renzel
Admin

http://j-royale.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

[DISCUSSION] AS Ranking in 2013 and 2014 Empty Re: [DISCUSSION] AS Ranking in 2013 and 2014

Post by K-kitsune Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:27 pm

I don't see how Secret is above them tbh
K-kitsune
K-kitsune
First Grader

Back to top Go down

[DISCUSSION] AS Ranking in 2013 and 2014 Empty Re: [DISCUSSION] AS Ranking in 2013 and 2014

Post by Renzel Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:42 pm

K-kitsune wrote:I don't see how Secret is above them tbh

me too. and knowing the fact that AS is almost tied with Dalshabet freaks me out. they're a senior-junior group and they're just having the same popularity
Renzel
Renzel
Admin

http://j-royale.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by albeitalways Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:37 pm

Sigh, it's not really surprising ;(( In the 2013 rankings, it's obvious how much they've slipped compared to their contemporaries. The only girl group who debuted in '09 that's lower than them was Rainbow.

As for Secret being rated higher than AS, it might have something to do with their digital earnings. If you look at how much they earned in the first four weeks when their song was released in the Gaon charts, Secret earned more digitally than AS did. In this chart, Secret's Yoo Hoo still managed to enter the Top 30, specifically at #21. Meanwhile, First Love only made it to Top 50, specifically, at #44.

On the upside, First Love sold more than Yoo Hoo (13k vs 8k) but I guess they're counting digital sales more than physical in the rankings?

But yeah...First Love is one of their lowest-selling mini-albums if you compare it to the rest of their releases in the past. And Orange Caramel didn't promote last year either.

Last year, none of the girls even had any OST releases or other featured songs. It's been a quiet year for them in terms of promotions if you compare it to the years before.

I will always support the girls and buy their albums (if I have the means for it--their Japanese singles are hella expensive). And I'll always post about them so the international fandom won't forget about them.

But even so, a lot of the factors that's necessary for their long-term success rests in their management. This year is their fifth anniversary, I hope they'll have a better year than before. I want them to promote at least twice.
albeitalways
albeitalways
Maknae

Back to top Go down

Post by PlayboyzAdam Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:32 pm

I think After School need more Korean promotions/activities. Unfortunately it look like it's their Japanese activities thats earning them more money.

PlayboyzAdam
Fifth Grader

Back to top Go down

Post by K-kitsune Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:28 pm

albeitalways wrote:Sigh, it's not really surprising ;(( In the 2013 rankings, it's obvious how much they've slipped compared to their contemporaries. The only girl group who debuted in '09 that's lower than them was Rainbow.

As for Secret being rated higher than AS, it might have something to do with their digital earnings. If you look at how much they earned in the first four weeks when their song was released in the Gaon charts, Secret earned more digitally than AS did. In this chart, Secret's Yoo Hoo still managed to enter the Top 30, specifically at #21. Meanwhile, First Love only made it to Top 50, specifically, at #44.

On the upside, First Love sold more than Yoo Hoo (13k vs 8k) but I guess they're counting digital sales more than physical in the rankings?

But yeah...First Love is one of their lowest-selling mini-albums if you compare it to the rest of their releases in the past. And Orange Caramel didn't promote last year either.

Last year, none of the girls even had any OST releases or other featured songs. It's been a quiet year for them in terms of promotions if you compare it to the years before.

I will always support the girls and buy their albums (if I have the means for it--their Japanese singles are hella expensive). And I'll always post about them so the international fandom won't forget about them.

But even so, a lot of the factors that's necessary for their long-term success rests in their management. This year is their fifth anniversary, I hope they'll have a better year than before. I want them to promote at least twice.

Well Nana was featured on Ma Boy 3 single, but I agree with everything you said.

I think the key this year is more than one Korean promo. Make it happen Pledis!
K-kitsune
K-kitsune
First Grader

Back to top Go down

Post by dangerouslush Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:16 pm

It looked like Orange Caramel would come back and then After School comeback would follow shortly after for the second half of 2013, but neither happened... probably because the Japanese album got planned?

Ugh so sad though...I still love them of course and thought 2013 felt like a better year for the girls overall. I hope an early Orange Caramel comeback starts things off on the right foot.
dangerouslush
dangerouslush
Pre-schooler

Back to top Go down

Post by riceeeeeeeeee Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:38 pm

LoL, ranking is based on popularity. 2ne1 blows in my opinion.
riceeeeeeeeee
riceeeeeeeeee
Pre-schooler

Back to top Go down

Post by Redboi675 Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:55 am

I'm sorry but no other K girl group is on SNSD's level of success, they deserve a whole tier on to themselves.

AS need to try and promote more in Korea. I know they're so much more successful in Japan with less effort but they can't pull off the one comeback per year routine as it is hurting their popularity, even SNSD suffered as IGAB didn't sell that well compared to their other releases and Kara's last era kinda flopped too.
Redboi675
Redboi675
Pre-schooler

Back to top Go down

Post by PrinceX Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:47 pm

After School needs to do more in South Korea and not just Japan.
They need at least 2 Comebacks a year because as a group from a small company like Pledis, they just need to do more to stay relevant than a group from a bigger company.
I know it's easy to say but just making one comeback a year and promote for 3 or 4 weeks is not enough. They have much more competition now than back in 2009/10, so that means more hard work. To choose better songs especially because their latest release was...let's say "weak". And Pledis needs to promote the newest members/auditions better and do another sub unit group.

Let's not forget that we have Son Dam Bi, Hello Venus, Nuest and Seventeen too. Which kinda means less After School promotions...I just hope for the best for these girls this year because they are too talented to stay as a nugu group.

PrinceX
Pre-schooler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down