After School Daze - International Fan Forum for After School
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[News] 140204 Orange Caramel comeback thread. Release date 12th March. Title song "Catallena"

+17
Milky
Mbi
iloveAfterschool
OKDR
Gokoulssj
kimy1251
Blast
heartnana_95
Jayden
PlayboyzAdam
infinity328
riceeeeeeeeee
K-kitsune
dangerouslush
rababo
TheFianalAlpaca
Jinana
21 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

[News] 140204 Orange Caramel comeback thread. Release date 12th March. Title song "Catallena" - Page 7 Empty Re: [News] 140204 Orange Caramel comeback thread. Release date 12th March. Title song "Catallena"

Post by PlayboyzAdam Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:55 pm

VIDEO: ORANGE CARAMEL PERFORM ‘CATALLENA’ ON MCOUNTDOWN – 140320

the first place nominees were 2NE1 and Orange Caramel, but in the end, 2NE1 won with “Come Back Home”

PlayboyzAdam
Fifth Grader

Back to top Go down

[News] 140204 Orange Caramel comeback thread. Release date 12th March. Title song "Catallena" - Page 7 Empty Re: [News] 140204 Orange Caramel comeback thread. Release date 12th March. Title song "Catallena"

Post by PrinceX Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:46 pm

PlayboyzAdam wrote:VIDEO: ORANGE CARAMEL PERFORM ‘CATALLENA’ ON MCOUNTDOWN – 140320

the first place nominees were 2NE1 and Orange Caramel, but in the end, 2NE1 won with “Come Back Home”

Why am i not surprised....That happens when u promote your artist at the same time as 2ne1 and SNSD. Good job Pledis....

PrinceX
Pre-schooler

Back to top Go down

Post by PlayboyzAdam Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:05 am

PrinceX wrote:Why am i not surprised....That happens when u promote your artist at the same time as 2ne1 and SNSD. Good job Pledis....
 cheers ORANGE CARAMEL and PLEDIS FIGHTING!!!!! I love how Pledis doesn't give a damn who After School and Orange Caramel comes back against. That's right, Pledis, After School and Orange Caramel are afraid of no one. Bring on the tough competition. If and when we do help After School and Orange Caramel win awards then we can say we didn't take the easy way out (i.e. Pledis timed AS/OC comeback to go up against easier opponents). Those awards are more meaningful if won fair and square with the help of fans.

I wish fans would stop complaining about Pledis, if fans want After School and Orange Caramel to win awards then work harder and vote more.

PlayboyzAdam
Fifth Grader

Back to top Go down

Post by PlayboyzAdam Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:09 am

PlayboyzAdam
Fifth Grader

Back to top Go down

Post by PrinceX Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:56 am

@PlayboyzAdam

You know what, it was ok 2/3 years ago to say that but now it is just stupid and annoying somehow for us fans and for After School. We wanna see them win awards, see them crying for happiness again. Lizzy, E-young and Kaeun still didn't even had this experience. So yeah, it is a shame. And winning awards means: More cf's, more recognized to people (public), more variety shows (for us), more profit for Pledis and After School (Digital and Physical sales) and probably more comebacks and follow up singles. I don't wanna see them promoting for just 3 or 4 weeks, falling of the charts in just one week after the release of their new album and waiting for another long year.  Evil or Very Mad  No thanks.
And a comeback probably takes a lot of work and investment (money). A comeback shouldn't be a waste of time! It should pay off for After School especially because groups like Girl's Day and Apink overtake them year by year. But it is mostly Pledis fault too! Because the ceo thinks that he worked for SM entertainment, he knows everything! He fucked messed things up for After School since shampoo era. You can't denied it.

PrinceX
Pre-schooler

Back to top Go down

Post by PlayboyzAdam Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:23 pm

PrinceX wrote:@PlayboyzAdam

You know what, it was ok 2/3 years ago to say that but now it is just stupid and annoying somehow for us fans and for After School. We wanna see them win awards, see them crying for happiness again. Lizzy, E-young and Kaeun still didn't even had this experience. So yeah, it is a shame. And winning awards means: More cf's, more recognized to people (public), more variety shows (for us), more profit for Pledis and After School (Digital and Physical sales) and probably more comebacks and follow up singles. I don't wanna see them promoting for just 3 or 4 weeks, falling of the charts in just one week after the release of their new album and waiting for another long year.  Evil or Very Mad  No thanks.
And a comeback probably takes a lot of work and investment (money). A comeback shouldn't be a waste of time! It should pay off for After School especially because groups like Girl's Day and Apink overtake them year by year. But it is mostly Pledis fault too! Because the ceo thinks that he worked for SM entertainment, he knows everything! He fucked messed things up for After School since shampoo era. You can't denied it.

I want After School and Orange Caramel to win awards just as much if not more than anyone else here in this fandom. If my schedule permitted I would gladly use all my 700+ Melon accounts, 50 M COUNTDOWN accounts and I would gladly spam twitter with 200+ tweets the hour before M COUNTDOWN starts and more just for the chance for Kahi, After School and Orange Caramel to win awards so they know what I think of them and for the other incentives from wining awards. This is very important to me but I would never wish for Pledis to time Kahi, After School and Orange Caramel's comeback just to win. This is the easy way out a serious problem that exists in this fandom(i.e. lack of support from fans). Stop blaming Pledis guys, this fandom can't lie to me, I've got the numerical data to prove this fandom isn't supporting Pledis artist's as much as needed. I'm not asking for fans to go and create 700+ Melon accounts, 50 M COUNTDOWN accounts or spam twitter with 200+ tweets the hour before M COUNTDOWN starts. If you've read my comments on Kahi's It's ME MV(be aware that it was an incredibly frustrating time for me as a Playboyz so you may find some very negative comments made against this fandom) you'll see that it's is possible to help Pledis artists win on the votes with a relatively small amount of votes(I can't remember exactly how much) from each fan and I certainly do believe we have enough fans in this fandom to help After School/OC/Kahi win awards. I'm not blaming fans for their lack of support if they don't have the times but the problem here is this fandom, not Pledis. Playgirlz/Playboyz is taking on a fandom that's able to come together and success in gaining 100 million views for their Gee MV, this fandom isn't even able of come together to achive far smaller goals I've seen so given the way this fandom is what are you guys expecting... a miracle. Here's a better idea, educate the fans that don't know about voting, actively encourage fans to vote and create projects that fans can participate in to unite this fandom and stop blaming Pledis, it's time this fandom took responsibility for Pledis artists not winning awards.

No, Pledis mess things up before that. Things started being messed up when Pledis signed with Avex and they had that collaboration with Namie Amuro. A lot of the problems I see with After School and this fandom I can see originating from that point in time. Even though it's just a theory(I have no concrete evidence), I can blame Bekah's graduation on Avex and ultimately because it was Pledis' decision to sign up with Avex I ultimately blame Pledis. Even though I will defend Pledis with the fact that fans have no concrete evidences to blame Bekah's graduation on Pledis my theory suggests otherwise.

I'm not going to hold it against Pledis for their decision to sign up with Avex(for now). It does sound like a good idea. Break into the Japanese market with the help of a much bigger company so After School becomes more popular and Pledis can expand and grow. I doubt Pledis or any of the older fans could foresee any of the problems that'll happen during and after 2011. Avex is evil and Pledis signed with the devil Twisted Evil ...OK, I maybe over exaggerating(hmm...or am I?) but Avex is the problem and a major contributing factor to why we don't see After School as much as we like like in Korea.

Last edited by PlayboyzAdam on Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:10 am; edited 1 time in total

PlayboyzAdam
Fifth Grader

Back to top Go down

Post by PlayboyzAdam Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:09 am

PlayboyzAdam
Fifth Grader

Back to top Go down

Post by PlayboyzAdam Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:24 am

PlayboyzAdam
Fifth Grader

Back to top Go down

Post by PrinceX Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:39 am

PlayboyzAdam wrote:
the problem here is this fandom, not Pledis.

[News] 140204 Orange Caramel comeback thread. Release date 12th March. Title song "Catallena" - Page 7 Naomi-campbell-o

PrinceX
Pre-schooler

Back to top Go down

Post by PlayboyzAdam Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:41 am

PrinceX wrote:
PlayboyzAdam wrote:

[News] 140204 Orange Caramel comeback thread. Release date 12th March. Title song "Catallena" - Page 7 Naomi-campbell-o
@PrinceX LOL, thanks you for that. I've just realised that I may have annoyed the entire fandom.

Guys, I understand some of you are really proud of this fandom and there are many things to be proud about this this fandom so I can understand how annoy you would be to see the quote that PrinceX has pointed out. If you disagree or feel like I've just made an unnecessary attack on the fandom then lets discuss it. Let me know why you think I'm wrong to say that or why what I said is an unnecessary attack etc. I just want to make clear that when I said "fandom" in that quote I'm talking about the overall fandom which means I'm not talking about individual members that are helping out or too busy to help out. Also please see my last comment on Rules for Discussions Very Happy

PlayboyzAdam
Fifth Grader

Back to top Go down

Post by PrinceX Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:08 am

PlayboyzAdam wrote:
PrinceX wrote:
PlayboyzAdam wrote:

@PrinceX LOL, thanks you for that. I've just realised that I may have annoyed the entire fandom.

Guys, I understand some of you are really proud of this fandom and there are many things to be proud about this this fandom so I can understand how annoy you would be to see the quote that PrinceX has pointed out. If you disagree or feel like I've just made an unnecessary attack on the fandom then lets discuss it. Let me know why you think I'm wrong to say that or why what I said is an unnecessary attack etc. I just want to make clear that when I said "fandom" in that quote I'm talking about the overall fandom which means I'm not talking about individual members that are helping out or too busy to help out. Also please see my last comment on Rules for Discussions Very Happy

Don't worry. Nobody "hates" you now for saying your opinion.
And don't take the gifs i post too serious.  Laughing 

Of course, we "fans" have to do our job to support After School somehow too and not just Pledis. But we have to remember that international fans can't help them as much as fans from South Korea or Japan. Pledis makes it really difficult for us somehow. For example like posting After School news on Facebook or Twitter but in Korean and not in English. Or posting videos on youtube but without English sub. It feels like they basically don't give a fuck
damn about us International fans. They don't even have a proper English speaker in the group. Which is a big factor too for international fans. I remember they had a "Google Hangout" on youtube in 2012 (Flashback era) and it was such a mess. They couldn't even speak to their fans (besides Lizzy a little bit). Really awkward...

You now what i'm trying to say?
He still has the upper hand for After School. We fans are just helping there and there but it doesn't make any difference. And don't forget the public (non-fans). Girl groups are mostly popular from the public anyway.

Sorry to say but I stay to my opinion that Pledis is the big problem why After School is having so much bad luck as a group. He needs to give them better music. More promotions and more appearance (cf's and shows). Simple as that.

PrinceX
Pre-schooler

Back to top Go down

Post by PlayboyzAdam Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:50 pm

PrinceX wrote:Of course, we "fans" have to do our job to support After School somehow too and not just Pledis. But we have to remember that international fans can't help them as much as fans from South Korea or Japan. Pledis makes it really difficult for us somehow. For example like posting After School news on Facebook or Twitter but in Korean and not in English. Or posting videos on youtube but without English sub. It feels like they basically don't give a fuck
damn about us International fans.
When I mentioned support in my previous post I was really referring to activities fans can do to help After School win awards. We fans have the knowledge to help After School win, we just have to use it and actively promote and share it to other fans. I think there is still many fans that don't know about voting or believe that their contribution is too small to make a difference and we need to let those fans know that this is not true and encourage them to vote if they can. Pledis does make us international fans feel left out....well at least I can say this true for me. Who knows what's going on with Pledis, maybe they don't have the time or resources to do the translations and they have much higher priority tasks that are more important. If that's the case I can identify with them because I'm always in that situation at my previous job.

PrinceX wrote:They don't even have a proper English speaker in the group. Which is a big factor too for international fans. I remember they had a "Google Hangout" on youtube in 2012 (Flashback era) and it was such a mess. They couldn't even speak to their fans (besides Lizzy a little bit). Really awkward...

I think Pledis does give a damn about us international fans. In 2012 there was 2 Google Hangouts. In the one here they actually have a translator. I think they didn't have a translator for this one because they were in the dressing room getting ready for something...honesty I have no idea. Also in 2012 Pledis posted a video promoting their White day EVENT and Pledis was actively answering international fan questions in the comments regarding that event.  

PrinceX wrote:You now what i'm trying to say?
He still has the upper hand for After School. We fans are just helping there and there but it doesn't make any difference. And don't forget the public (non-fans). Girl groups are mostly popular from the public anyway.
We fans can make a big difference if we a willing to. For example, even though Kahi has very few supporters for her It's ME comeback, all it took the combined willingness of her supporters and a few fans voting like crazy to help her beat much more popular female artists(IU, T-ara, Seo In-young) in the Melon votes.  
Even though Kahi was nowhere near close to winning any awards, what the efforts of Kahi's supporters showed was what we were capable of achieving when we combine our efforts and it also show the lack of support from Playgirlz/Playboyz. Fan's like to blame the failure of Pledis artists on Pledis and I know sooner or later Playgirlz/Playboyz would blame Pledis for the failure of Kahi's It's ME comeback. The efforts that took place to help Kahi beat IU, T-ara and Seo In-young in the Melon votes was also to show that other fans had no grounds to be blaming Pledis.

PrinceX wrote:He needs to give them better music. More promotions and more appearance (cf's and shows). Simple as that.
It's not that simple. For example, After School said they preferred doing their old songs for like Ah and Dive(it was during an interview near the end of last year in a Fast Lane or TenAsia interview) but they need the opportunity. Good music doesn't simply come out of thin air. As for more promotions, CF's and shows I've already demonstrated why it's not that simple on other posts but you're entitled to think as you please.

Last edited by PlayboyzAdam on Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:31 am; edited 1 time in total

PlayboyzAdam
Fifth Grader

Back to top Go down

Post by PlayboyzAdam Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:10 pm

VIDEO: ORANGE CARAMEL PERFORM CATALLENA ON INKIGAYO – 140323

Thanks to forgivemenot1 for sharing the dailymotion link as the Youtube link no longer works.

PlayboyzAdam
Fifth Grader

Back to top Go down

Post by PlayboyzAdam Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:04 pm

PlayboyzAdam
Fifth Grader

Back to top Go down

Post by PlayboyzAdam Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:41 pm

PlayboyzAdam
Fifth Grader

Back to top Go down

Post by PlayboyzAdam Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:16 pm

PlayboyzAdam
Fifth Grader

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7