After School Daze - International Fan Forum for After School
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Status of After School

5 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Status of After School - Page 2 Empty Re: Status of After School

Post by intrepid Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:24 am

I also never believed Pledis was "broke," in business like having a comeback things need to be put into place first so a budget can be formulated, once that is done then you know how much money to allocate for the project, there's money for a comeback.
So when Lizzy said there's no money for a comeback she was correctly stating that no money had been "allocated" for them to comeback not that they were broke which they obviously aren't.

PlayboyzAdam, Just because they haven't disbanded doesn't mean anything, Miss A hasn't disbanded but nobody seriously thinks they are going to have a comeback, the reason why companies don't disband is because these groups are a "brand" and as long as some members can still use that "brand" the company won't officially disband them, if Raina leaves then AS/OC is dead, like really dead, without the key main vocal neither of those groups are ever coming back even on the faint hope some of us might have.

After School was active in Korea for 4 Years, next year will mark the fifth year they haven't had a Korean comeback, can you really expect a comeback from a group that hasn't had a comeback longer than they were active? An After School comeback would require a reboot and I doubt Pledis is going to make such an effort at this late stage but who knows, I guess we'll have a better idea in the next few days.
intrepid
intrepid
Second Grader

Back to top Go down

Post by arhat Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:10 pm

With Miss A and After School's timeline, it makes me wonder about SNSD.

Three of SNSD has recently left SM. Would SNSD really go on as five? Five now is a very different story than eight when Jessica left, starting with the sheer number of members. And even if the different agencies would work together keep OT8, it would still be very difficult, and all that much more so since the members are no longer under one agency. And "Holiday Night" came out two years after "Lion Heart". I honestly don't know how bad two years is, but I can say that the rate of comebacks slowed down at the point of "Holiday Night".

And there has been other groups in the Kpop industry that haven't officially broken up but aren't active, like The Grace AKA CSJH under SM, and f(x) under SM as well. Although I am not sure if f(x) is a good example. To read more on CSJH, the band was active from 2005-2011, with the last activity being a sub-group and a break on a 4-year hiatus. After 2011, Stephanie left SM on 2016.

In the world of J-Rock, Malice Mizer was a popular band but went on official indefinite hiatus on 2001 after the members went their separate ways, with no official word of breaking up.

Let's see what After School does in the future.

Last edited by arhat on Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:16 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Malice Mizer went on hiatus in 2001, not 2011, after going their separate ways.)

arhat
Pre-schooler

Back to top Go down

Post by arhat Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:50 am

Well I have seen these links today.

https://twitter.com/Swanyee_Jay/status/934330799540674561

The original link is here:

http://sports.donga.com/3/all/20171124/87442486/2

Who knows, maybe After School will indeed come back, with Nana's explicitly expressing desire for one and stating that the group is not dead.

It's just the matter of it actually happening, especially with the company CEO allowing it.

arhat
Pre-schooler

Back to top Go down

Post by PlayboyzAdam Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:37 pm

intrepid wrote:So when Lizzy said there's no money for a comeback she was correctly stating that no money had been "allocated" for them to comeback not that they were broke which they obviously aren't.
It's a better idea to keep your minds open to different possibilities given the lack of sufficient data. There's nothing to prove that Pledis did or did not have enough money for an AS comeback at the time of Lizzy saying that or whether Pledis had the funds but just didn't allocate it for AS comeback.

intrepid wrote:PlayboyzAdam, Just because they haven't disbanded doesn't mean anything, Miss A hasn't disbanded but nobody seriously thinks they are going to have a comeback, the reason why companies don't disband is because these groups are a "brand" and as long as some members can still use that "brand" the company won't officially disband them
@intrepid AS not disbanding means a lot. Firstly it means you guys are wrong when you've said that AS is dead. Second it means that there's a higher possibility of an AS comeback where as if they were dead then the possibility of an AS comeback is very little. You keep on using other artists/acts and companies as an analogy for After School and Pledis to make your claims and I will continue to remind you that both After School and Pledis are not like other groups and companies(i.e. keep your mind open). It might be the case that Pledis is just keeping AS for the sake of the brand name(even though I've noticed Nana has stop introducing herself as After School's Nana since AAA last year) but there's nothing to prove that's the case. The claims you guys have made regarding the status of After School are just assumptions and are speculative at best and for me it doesn't matter because the reality(i.e. facts) is that to both Pledis and After School has always been alive and 4 out of the current 5 members and shown they want an After School comeback. I'm not concerned about whether they'll have a comeback anytime soon or not and I'll happily wait years for an AS comeback as long as it is an AS comeback. I'll only be concerned if either Raina or Nana graduates(i.e. chance of disbanding increases), AS disbands(chance of comeback decreases) or AS members not wanting to be AS members(e.g. Jung Ah, Juyeon and UEE at their last couple of years as members).

intrepid wrote:After School was active in Korea for 4 Years, next year will mark the fifth year they haven't had a Korean comeback, can you really expect a comeback from a group that hasn't had a comeback longer than they were active?
@intrepid I'm a very open minded person so I really don't expect anything or make claims without sufficient data. After School members themselves want a comeback so I know their hearts are in it and they're still alive so I know the possibility for a comeback is definitely there and that's all I need to know for now...

arhat wrote:Who knows, maybe After School will indeed come back, with Nana's explicitly expressing desire for one and stating that the group is not dead.
@arhat LOL Nana beat me to it. The funny thing is that I was planning to address the ridiculous claims that some fans have made about After School have already disbanded but Pledis just isn't announcing it and these fans are just waiting/expecting/demanding that Pledis announce it...guys, I know that facts and reality doesn't matter much to you but the reality is that being an After School fan, even today with After School being on hiatus is pretty awesome. I'm loving After School even more as the years go by and even now it's still happening. It'll take too long for me to explain why and maybe I'll do it as a different thread later.

LOL, I really like the way Nana answered the reporter,

Reporter: After School hasn't disbanded yet right?
Nana: Yes, of course no. We are just working hard individually. Want to comeback ASAP!

Fans that were claiming that AS had disbanded really should reconsider how much the really know about After School and Pledis and the fans that believed those fans should really consider going to other sources for After School updates.

Last edited by PlayboyzAdam on Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:52 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : trying to fix spelling and gramma mistakes)

PlayboyzAdam
Fifth Grader

Back to top Go down

Post by arhat Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:39 am

Besides from what Nana said about After School, overall not disbanding doesn't have to preclude being dead. It's like I've said about the groups I've cited and what intrepid , despite the fact that Malice Mizer has done unofficial reunions after the announcement of indefinite hiatus.

I think it's fair to use other groups as analogies since at the end of the day, despite the particular details, After School is just another music act, and Pledis is just another company. I think it's just near fanaticism to paint After School as so unique, no matter how much one loves After School, even with its comebacks, even though all music acts have come back with different and unique concepts.

With all that said let's wait and see shall we?

After School would definitely be dead when all members leave it and Pledis and if Pledis decides to end the project. More dead than it simply not being active anymore.

arhat
Pre-schooler

Back to top Go down

Post by PlayboyzAdam Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:24 pm

arhat wrote:Besides from what Nana said about After School, overall not disbanding doesn't have to preclude being dead. It's like I've said about the groups I've cited and what intrepid , despite the fact that Malice Mizer has done unofficial reunions after the announcement of indefinite hiatus.
@arhat I don't know Malice Mizer. Did Malice Mizer members ever mention their desire to want to comeback? Even if you do disregard Nana's wished to comeback, Nana isn't the only member that's shown she wants to comeback. Every current After School member except E-young has indicate they want to comeback. Another difference between After School and Malice Mizer is that  the current After School members haven't separated yet, After School members still want to be After School members and they still want a comeback and that's all I need for me to patiently and happily wait for their comeback even if it never happens.

arhat wrote:I think it's fair to use other groups as analogies since at the end of the day, despite the particular details, After School is just another music act, and Pledis is just another company. I think it's just near fanaticism to paint After School as so unique, no matter how much one loves After School, even with its comebacks, even though all music acts have come back with different and unique concepts.
@arhat I think you are missing the context of where/when I'm saying using other artists & companies to compare to After School and Pledis is wrong. What I'm saying isn't anywhere near fanaticism. What I was saying was that it was invalid to use the ideologies some artists and companies have and then claim that After School and Pledis have those same ideology with no basis except the that since those other companies have those ideologies therefore Pledis and After School must also think/act the same. What I was telling intrepid was that it is fine to suggest the possibility that After School and Pledis might have those ideologies but without any evidents to suggest what's he's saying is true, he should keep his mind open. Firstly, After School isn't just another music act. To you and other fans they may just be another music act but how much do you guys really know about After School? This reminds me of a time a few months ago when a fan said on twitter that After School's only claim for #1 is their performances and I proceeded to replied by writing a very long list of all the things After School can claim, I didn't finish the list because the fan asked why did am I acting like the fan dissed After School. The fan wasn't trying to diss After School but I do find it annoying that most fans think the only thing that makes After School unique is their concepts. I did tell that fan I'll write an ASdaze forum post about the many other tings After School can claim but I don't have time yet, it's another one of those really long posts that I do. I know that most fans have very little to no idea who After School are or they have forgotten. This fandom doesn't want an After School comeback, this fandom just wants a comeback with After School members. Those 2 comebacks are not the necessarily same. I want an After School comeback. I know fans have said they just want a comeback no matter how crap it is and I'm telling those fans they should just consider leaving the famdom because they don't care about an After School comeback, they just want a comeback with After School members. A major reason for why I'm happily waiting for an After comeback and why my enthusiasm has continued through out this long hiatus is because despite this fandom not giving a damn about the After School I fell in love with, After School members still want to be that After School and they've indicated this throughout their hiatus. Secondly, to demonstrate that Pledis isn't just like any other company. Consider how many entertainment companies will allow their trainees to throw a giant fit and leave the company without having to sue the company to cancel their contract first like what Nicole did when Kaeun got selected to join After School...I remember reading that Pledis went to USA to try to convince Nicole to return which is strange considering Nicole wasn't very polite to Pledis about not getting selected to join AS.

Also I want to point the following out to intrepid, how much do guys really think the brand name "After School" is worth in the South Korean entertainment industry, especially considering After School's long hiatus and the fact that Pledis have much more popular brands like Seventeen, Pristin and Nu'est? Also consider that even Nana hasn't even been introducing herself as After School's Nana for over a year. What's I'm suggesting is that Pledis doesn't need After School as just a brand name and that I don't think Pledis is just keeping After School together just for the sake of the brand name.

Last edited by PlayboyzAdam on Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:42 pm; edited 9 times in total (Reason for editing : fixing some spelling and gramma mistakes)

PlayboyzAdam
Fifth Grader

Back to top Go down

Post by arhat Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:31 pm

Evil or Very Mad

This is my final statement here on this thread, and possibly even this forum, because it's clear to me that I'm dealing with a fanatic for the most part in PlayboyzAdam.

I should know better than to reason with a fanatic, but I'll speak anyway.

My statement still stands on comparing After School to other acts.

Twice and SNSD are just other music acts too, and I know they are very successful and both share the title of nation's girl group, which they've both earned. And I'm a fan of Twice and SNSD, and I've gotten into SNSD only after "Holiday Night".

Don't write a self-absorbed WALL OF TEXT talking about the details of After School and Pledis, especially after I've established that I'm going beyond the details and straight to common traits. And stay on topic still.

But if you're going to insist on going on about how Pledis is not like other companies, you could also say that Pledis is not like other companies in how it needs to pay for its blasphemy of keeping AS in the dungeon, even though AS was its main girl group...

SM and YG and JYPE have sure treated their girl groups better...

YG Entertainment and JYP Entertainment both keep artists that are on hiatus, inactive, or disbanded outright on their lists of artists on their websites. Haven't seen SM Entertainment or DSP Media do that however.

The only thing that would make me look forward to an AS comeback is if Pledis were to release an official announcement of an upcoming AS comeback and thus promptly resume all AS activities. Nothing of the sort has happened so far.

Members expressing desire for a comeback is not the same as Pledis making an official announcement of one!

And to say for the umpteenth time, Let's wait and see shall we!?

Let me add one more thing.

As for you guys, especially you Adam and Renzel (I've seen your tweets!), who see After School as a sort of savior, let me just say that you're barking up the wrong tree. I don't know what your religious views are, let alone what you guys are like outside being Playboyz/Playgirlz, but I'm going to go ahead and say that if you see After School as major source of happiness and a focal point to base your overall identity on, then you're just sad people.

One can never replace God and truth, the ground which reality lies on, with things that are mere parts of reality. Mere parts of reality are temporary and can never give you true happiness, so you must seek a source that is eternal! AS sure isn't that!

Even with God and truth and the eternal out of the equation, there are other music to get into, like Twice or SNSD in Kpop, and music outside Kpop.

Alright I'm done. I've got better things to do. This has overall become draining for me. Goodbye.

You can go ahead and have the last word, Adam or whoever else. I won't be reading it. You still need to fix your grammar*.

arhat
Pre-schooler

Back to top Go down

Post by PlayboyzAdam Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:15 am

arhat wrote:This is my final statement here on this thread, and possibly even this forum, because it's clear to me that I'm dealing with a fanatic for the most part in PlayboyzAdam.
@arhat You've still haven't demonstrate how I'm a fanatic yet, at least I can demonstrate my belief in AS are base on facts. This fandom doesn't care about facts and that's I've demonstrate throughout many posts within this forum. Still sad to see you go...I'm kinda getting use to it though because you're the 3rd person I can remember that's left the forum because of me. OKDR has left this forum on 2 separate occasions because of me and he just may leave again because I'm due to write a post about how fake this fandom is but I'm having trouble doing it because a friend once wanted me to gently and slightly diplomatically tell you guys how f**** up this fandom really is and I've been having a really hard time doing that.

arhat wrote:Don't write a self-absorbed WALL OF TEXT talking about the details of After School and Pledis, especially after I've established that I'm going beyond the details and straight to common traits.
@arhat what common traits? You only made the claim that " After School is just another music act, and Pledis is just another company" without backing it up and even if you did back it up with common traits it doesn't negate the fact that there is differences between After School and other act as well as Pledis and other companies and it's those differences that makes them unique.

arhat wrote:But if you're going to insist on going on about how Pledis is not like other companies, you could also say that Pledis is not like other companies in how it needs to pay for its blasphemy of keeping AS in the dungeon, even though AS was its main girl group...
@arhat the only ones that need to pay for committing blasphemy against After School is this fandom. This fandom has been calling After School dead for the last couple of years when they were only dead to this fandom. To After School, Pledis and reality, After School is still very much alive. As for Pledis keeping After School in their dungeon...LOL the cherry picking you guys do is indeed unbelievable. While After School members were "trapped" in Pledis' "dungeon", Nana was casted in one drama (The Good Wife) and one movie (The Swindlers) earning her recognition and high appraisals for her acting. While Raina was trapped in Pledis' dungeon, Pledis gave Raina 4 collaboration promotions(AMNS, "Sugar and me". "You end, and me", "All day all night"), one solo promotion(Loop), a digital single "Don't Know" appearances on various shows and other stuff which you can look up yourself. While Kaeun was trapped in Pledis' dungeon she got to launch her acting career by joining the cast of Idol Master. While Lizzy was trapped in Pledis' dungeon, Lizzy had appearances on multiple shows like Tasty Road, Angry Mum and Please Look After my Vanity and Pledis also gave Lizzy her own solo promotion(Not an Easy Girl) which is an honor usually reserved for those that are either really popular or talented. While Eyoung was trapped in Pledis dungeon, Eyoung got to compose and write her own OST("When Rain Fall" sang by Raina), open her own performing arts academy and travel the world...while still being trapped in Pledis' dungeon?

arhat wrote:SM and YG and JYPE have sure treated their girl groups better...

YG Entertainment and JYP Entertainment both keep artists that are on hiatus, inactive, or disbanded outright on their lists of artists on their websites. Haven't seen SM Entertainment or DSP Media do that however.
@arhat I'm pretty sure SM invented slave contracts especially considering the amount of artists that have sued SM in order to leave SM also considering how Amber said how badly SM treats her this year and last year Henry mention how his past nine years with SM has been a mistake. Pledis has never been sued by any of their artist and while fans would like to delude themselves with the idea of how much After School hates Pledis and wants to leave, fans are forgetting that After School isn't bound to Pledis by a slave contract unlike those of other companies. After School has the graduation system which allows them leave After School whenever they want. Comparing YG with Pledis...put it this way, at least Pledis doesn't openly call their artist ugly and at least Pledis CEO isn't a pedofile. As for JYPE, at least Pledis doesn't throw their artists under a bus and have them film a ISIS hostage video in which their artist are forced to betray their own beliefs and their own people just to try to appease one of the world's worst violaters of human rights. At that point, JYPE has become worst then SM, YG and DSP considering the human right violations they themselves committed. Oops forgot about DSP, Kara members sued DSP to in order to get their contract cancelled because DSP forced them to do things they didn't want to, continuously denied Kara members' request and unfair distribution of profits (i.e. basic Kpop slavery treatment that SM is well known for).

arhat wrote:The only thing that would make me look forward to an AS comeback is if Pledis were to release an official announcement of an upcoming AS comeback and thus promptly resume all AS activities. Nothing of the sort has happened so far.
@arhat at least you're not one of those fans that's claiming that AS is going to comeback in 2018 just because Pledis updated their After School pages.

arhat wrote:As for you guys, especially you Adam and Renzel (I've seen your tweets!), who see After School as a sort of savior, let me just say that you're barking up the wrong tree. I don't know what your religious views are, let alone what you guys are like outside being Playboyz/Playgirlz, but I'm going to go ahead and say that if you see After School as major source of happiness and a focal point to base your overall identity on, then you're just sad people.
@arhat LOL firstly, After School are my saviors and secondly I'm not barking up the wrong tree. I'm excatly the same in real life as I am online. I am an agnostic atheist which means I believe that there's a very good chance that one day all that I have done, all that I will do, all that I care about and all that matters to me will be taken away from me against me control/will and that day scares me and I get depressed thinking about it(like right now) but having After School in my heart(like right now Very Happy ), that day doesn't concern me. I have large variety of interests besides After School but yep, After school is a major source of my happiness. You can't I'm sad when I've continuusly wrote comments like the following on twitter,

Other Playgirlz/Playboyz: After School are dead. I miss After School T__T
Me: Legends don't die. Life is great when you're an After School fan Very Happy

...but I guess you might beable to say that for other fans...honestly though...I don't think some of you guys are actually sad, some of you guys are more frustrated and/or with bored with After School and just want After School to disband so you don't have to deal with following them.

arhat wrote:One can never replace God and truth, the ground which reality lies on, with things that are mere parts of reality.
@arhat I've already shown(through out this forum) that niether you nor this fandom cares about truth or reality.

arhat wrote:Mere parts of reality are temporary and can never give you true happiness, so you must seek a source that is eternal! AS sure isn't that!
@arhat I LOLed so hard at the part where you said that After School sure isn't eternal. It's like you are directly responding to the many times I've said "AFTER SCHOOL IS ETERNAL. LEGENDS DON'T DIE!!!" on twitter. I don't know what your definition of true happiness is, but After School protects me from the fear of that day that I previously mentioned and in their presence that day no longer matters.

arhat wrote:Even with God and truth and the eternal out of the equation, there are other music to get into, like Twice or SNSD in Kpop, and music outside Kpop.
@arhat Back in 2009, I did kind of follow SNSD until they did Hoot but they never did anything of interest to me so I gave up on them and Twice's style doesn't suit me as well. Before I discovered After School I was into JPop, a youtube video titled "Jpop vs Kpop" which featured Scandal's Shojo S and After School's Ah was what introduced me to After School and Kpop.

Last edited by PlayboyzAdam on Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:28 am; edited 7 times in total (Reason for editing : yep, I'm editing this post to fix mistakes)

PlayboyzAdam
Fifth Grader

Back to top Go down

Post by OKDR Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:12 am

PlayboyzAdam wrote:
arhat wrote:This is my final statement here on this thread, and possibly even this forum, because it's clear to me that I'm dealing with a fanatic for the most part in PlayboyzAdam.
@arhat You've still haven't demonstrate how I'm a fanatic yet, at least I can demonstrate my belief in AS are base on facts. This fandom doesn't care about facts and that's I've demonstrate throughout many posts within this forum. Still sad to see you go...I'm kinda getting use to it though because you're the 3rd person I can remember that's left the forum because of me. OKDR has left this forum on 2 separate occasions because of me and he just may leave again because I'm due to write a post about how fake this fandom is but I'm having trouble doing it because a friend once wanted me to gently and slightly diplomatically tell you guys how f**** up this fandom really is and I've been having a really hard time doing that.

SHE.

The other two times I left this forum before were because of your writting tone, Adam. Sometimes it comes out as you cannot accept any other opinion than yours. I remember reading you stating you weren't attacking me personally, so I reconsidered and continued with my activity here. However, I am not keen on you assuming whether I will or not will leave the forum again. Also, most of my long term hiatus on this message board had been due to reasons that have nothing to do whether I feel annoyed with what you have to say or not (I have a job that sometimes it takes over everything else, plus I've been abroad busy studying). I don't always agree with you, but sometimes I did. My mindset is simply different than yours. I've got my own personal rants with the fandom more than once so, no, I don't think your following (still haven't proceed with the rest of your post) comments will make me leave. Aging also comes with starting to take things less personally, I guess.

To @arhat , I am not sorry to say the following thing:

Insisting into calling someone else a fanatic and talking about God when not everybody believes in a God, is somehow contradictory. You stating nothing can be a substitute for the place God takes in your life... well. I don't believe in God, which makes your statement completely invalid from my point of view. You believe in God, that's fine, that's your view, but you just tried to force your believes into everyone else, nevertheless, to attack another user whom has expressed you more than once that you have no arguments to call him a fanatic. He's asked you to develop on this matter, and yet you only came out with a subject that concerns, again, a belief not everyone has or shares. Not a fact.

Putting down others because they find joy into whatever idol they choose, is another way of being classist and mentally supremacist. You remind me of the people judging some Lady Gaga fans for being organized weeks before her concert to que. They were ignorantly insulting kids that had more education than those people bashing them and their parents will ever have. If something makes you happy and it doesn't involve violence, killing others or stealing others' freedom, then it's up to you to define if it's good or not. Not anyone else.[/quote]
OKDR
OKDR
First Grader

Back to top Go down

Post by PlayboyzAdam Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:49 am

OKDR wrote:The other two times I left this forum before were because of your writting tone, Adam. Sometimes it comes out as you cannot accept any other opinion than yours.
@OKDR yep I remember. I'm not sure if you're aware but that's how people generally perceive my writing tone. Similarly to how @arhat thinks I can't accept other fans opinion that After School is dead because arhat thinks I'm a fanatic.

Guys, it may not seem like it but I do respect everyones opinions. I don't set out to personally attack people for having opinions that differ to mine. What everyone needs to be aware of is that if you make a claim that I don't find valid then of course I'm going to refute it or ask for you to back in up with evidence, it's how discussions work.

OKDR wrote:However, I am not keen on you assuming whether I will or not will leave the forum again.
@OKDR I didn't make any assumptions. I said that there's a possibility that you'll leave because of the post I was going to write. I didn't say that you would or wouldn't leave because of the post I was going to write. The tone of the post I'm going to writing is similar to the one I wrote about what was wrong with this fandom and just like that post there's a possibility that we'll come a disagreement and misunderstanding about similar things.

OKDR wrote:Also, most of my long term hiatus on this message board had been due to reasons that have nothing to do whether I feel annoyed with what you have to say or not (I have a job that sometimes it takes over everything else, plus I've been abroad busy studying).
Very Happy

OKDR wrote:To @arhat , I am not sorry to say the following thing:

Insisting into calling someone else a fanatic and talking about God when not everybody believes in a God, is somehow contradictory.
@OKDR I was going to point out how arhat was being a hypocrite for calling me a  fanatic given arhat's religious beliefs but I didn't do that because I was afraid we'll end up in a religious debate about the existence of god and that can get really personal. That's a line I think we should not cross in this forum...

OKDR wrote:To @arhat , I am not sorry to say the following thing:
You believe in God, that's fine, that's your view, but you just tried to force your believes into everyone else, nevertheless, to attack another user whom has expressed you more than once that you have no arguments to call him a fanatic.
Incase anyone isn't aware, this forum isn't the appropriate place to be preaching religious beliefs because some of those beliefs can be very conflicting and personal e.g. Sunnis and Shiites. I don't think I was attacked(at least I don't feel that way) so I'm OK with that and I respect arhat's opinion that I'm a fanatic but I'm not going to agree with it until arhat back up that claim with something valid.

OKDR wrote:Putting down others because they find joy into whatever idol they choose, is another way of being classist and mentally supremacist.
@OKDR I don't think arhat was putting me down. I think that arhat just wasn't able to comprehend my belief that After School was still alive when to arhat and the rest of the fandom After School were dead so arhat thought I was a fanatic on the basis that I can't accept the death of After School...and some of the other stuff I say and do may make it appear as I'm a fanatic. I'm not offended, I don't think being called a fanatic is that big of a deal even though it does invalidly discredit my arguments.

PlayboyzAdam
Fifth Grader

Back to top Go down

Post by OKDR Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:14 am

Well, as far as I am concerned, I am glad you don't take ahrat's words personally. However, I don't think trying to bring in beliefs in a forum that has nothing to do with religion is uncalled for. As I said, I disapprove of people trying to force their religious views into others, and that did happened. In any case, ahrat said 'in my opinion', on the contrary: He stated his sentences as it was a universal fact and that is still considered pushing your believes into others in a topic that has nothing to do with religion.

He also talked in a really degrading manner of those whom find joy and happiness into following an idol. I am hlad you Adam don't see it as an offesnse
But I still see it as a rude statement towards the people that feel like this.
OKDR
OKDR
First Grader

Back to top Go down

Post by PlayboyzAdam Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:43 am

@OKDR I agree, ahrat did try to push religious beliefs to others and in this forum(just like in any other religiously neutral gathering) that should be a no no. But we need to be aware that people like ahrat are indoctrinated to believe and preach beliefs they think will benefit other people even when doing so will offend other people. People from both sides of those arguments need to try to understanding  and tolerate each other instead of jumping to conclusions or/and taking the cynical view of the other side.

I don't think ahrat was trying to benifit me by preaching those religious view to me and I don't think ahrat thinks he's better than me by showing me what ahrat considers a superior world view. I think ahrat acted out of frustration because ahrat feels the reverence and joy I have for After School is quiet blasphemous and such thoughts and feelings should only be reserved only for what ahrat considers god. What ahrat needs understand is that different people are going to have different views on the same subject and it's important to understand the other person's views and tolerate it even if it conflict with their own view as long as the other person isn't personally attacking them.

ahrat and other religious believers need to tolerate the fact that I hold After School in a position as high if not higher than their own gods and if they feel my actions are blasphemous or they think I'm crazy or a fanatic then that is fine. We can have a discussion over it and I can show that such thoughts and feelings for After School are well reasoned and not necessarily the actions of a deluded fanatic fan.

PlayboyzAdam
Fifth Grader

Back to top Go down

Post by OKDR Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:18 am

Well, props for trying to see things from his point of view.
OKDR
OKDR
First Grader

Back to top Go down

Post by intrepid Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:53 pm

Last year Nana re-signed and I’m presuming Raina did too since she debut at the same time as Nana but her re-signing wasn’t announced so her status remains unclear, she’s still in Pledis or she could be unsigned and just represented by Pledis or she could have a different length of contract who knows, but, with March coming up we get to get nervous again because that should be the time Lizzy’s contract runs out and Lizzy is the only one of the girls who has been openly critical of Pledis, she’s also the main member who seems to get herself in trouble the most, small things to me but larger to Koreans.

Nana I thought would go because her acting career has taken off and I though she would get scooped up by an acting company, not because I thought she was unhappy with Pledis but because it seemed a logical choice, I’m glad I was wrong, Lizzy seems to get less attention though she should get a lot of hosting work but she’s a little too unpredictable for most producers which is why I think she doesn’t get as much work as she could, she has voiced some unhappiness so her leaving is a possibility but I guess we’ll know more by the end of March.
intrepid
intrepid
Second Grader

Back to top Go down

Post by PlayboyzAdam Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:08 am

intrepid wrote:Lizzy seems to get less attention though she should get a lot of hosting work but she’s a little too unpredictable for most producers which is why I think she doesn’t get as much work as she could, she has voiced some unhappiness so her leaving is a possibility but I guess we’ll know more by the end of March.
@intrepid it's a couple of hours before March ends so I guess it's safe to assume Lizzy is staying Very Happy

PlayboyzAdam
Fifth Grader

Back to top Go down

Post by intrepid Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:50 pm

PlayboyzAdam wrote:
intrepid wrote:Lizzy seems to get less attention though she should get a lot of hosting work but she’s a little too unpredictable for most producers which is why I think she doesn’t get as much work as she could, she has voiced some unhappiness so her leaving is a possibility but I guess we’ll know more by the end of March.
@intrepid it's a couple of hours before March ends so I guess it's safe to assume Lizzy is staying Very Happy

Yes, so it would seem and I’m half relieved and half perplexed by it. Very Happy  scratch

This is the same situation as Raina in that if calculations about contract length are correct they should have run out for both of them, but, I have speculated before that the girls could have a separate contract for being in Orange Caramel in which case those two don’t have to do anything until June this year.
Given that Nana re-signed on her After School debut date and Raina and Lizzy didn’t (that we know of) that makes After School more likely dead than not and if June comes around with no signing we can be assured OC is dead too.

E-young has posted on her social network joining an indie band, something I’ve mentioned she would have been more suited to in the past, with that plus her new music/dance studio I think she is leaving.

Kaeun has posted a picture of her in the practice room, I’m going to make a prediction that she’s going to try out for Produce 48 which I expect like the last one it’ll start filming this month for broadcast in May, since she speaks Japanese fluently she can make a good go at it.
intrepid
intrepid
Second Grader

Back to top Go down

Post by PlayboyzAdam Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:22 am

intrepid wrote:Given that Nana re-signed on her After School debut date and Raina and Lizzy didn’t (that we know of) that makes After School more likely dead than not and if June comes around with no signing we can be assured OC is dead too.
@intrepid Given that we don't know whether Raina and Lizzy re-signed, there's no evidence to suggest they've left and the last time we check they were still in After School, it is more likely that they are still indeed in After School. After School is still very much alive and that's the same with Orange Caramel even though Raina has said that she thinks Pledis wonders with it's a good idea for them to continue with their image when they gotten so much older. Regardless of what Raina thinks, the fact is that the last time we checked Orange Caramel was still alive, there's no evidence to suggest they're dead and there's no announcement about Orange Caramel disbanding so  therefore Orange Caramel is still alive. It is illogical to assume the contrary position is true when there's no evidence again the default position.

PlayboyzAdam
Fifth Grader

Back to top Go down

Post by intrepid Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:18 am

PlayboyzAdam wrote:
intrepid wrote:Given that Nana re-signed on her After School debut date and Raina and Lizzy didn’t (that we know of) that makes After School more likely dead than not and if June comes around with no signing we can be assured OC is dead too.
@intrepid Given that we don't know whether Raina and Lizzy re-signed, there's no evidence to suggest they've left and the last time we check they were still in After School, it is more likely that they are still indeed in After School. After School is still very much alive and that's the same with Orange Caramel even though Raina has said that she thinks Pledis wonders with it's a good idea for them to continue with their image when they gotten so much older. Regardless of what Raina thinks, the fact is that the last time we checked Orange Caramel was still alive, there's no evidence to suggest they're dead and there's no announcement about Orange Caramel disbanding so  therefore Orange Caramel is still alive. It is illogical to assume the contrary position is true when there's no evidence again the default position.

What's the difference between a music group that doesn't release any music and a disbanded group that doesn't release new music? none that I can see.

I doubt that After School is alive, it may still exist in theory but still dead, if Raina was going to re-sign as a member of After School she should have done so at the same time as Nana but as far as we know she didn't, which means she already graduated and ditto for Lizzy, if my theory holds up we'll know in June.

But I came back here after the rumour that Kaeun has indeed joined Produce 48, if true that is also another nail in AS's coffin, if she were to get in she'll be promoting with that group for two and a half years and won't be able to promote outside of that group and it would also put her at the end of her contract when released.
She wouldn't make such a commitment if AS was ever going to come back, I'm sorry PlayboyzAdam but it seems things aren't going to go the way you think, we can hope but I just don't see it. Sad
intrepid
intrepid
Second Grader

Back to top Go down

Post by PlayboyzAdam Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:23 pm

intrepid wrote:What's the difference between a music group that doesn't release any music and a disbanded group that doesn't release new music?
@intrepid A disbanded group is unlikely to comeback together and release new music. A group that has not disbanded who hasn't release any new music for a long time who's member has continuously indicated they want a comeback is more likely to release new music.

intrepid wrote:I doubt that After School is alive, it may still exist in theory but still dead
You are aware that as far as After School is concerned, they are still together right? Nana has stopped introducing herself as After School's Nana ever since she got that AAA awards but even then when she was ask has After School disbanded  she answered with of course not, they are working hard on their individual activities and want to comeback as soon as possible.

intrepid wrote:if Raina was going to re-sign as a member of After School she should have done so at the same time as Nana but as far as we know she didn't, which means she already graduated and ditto for Lizzy, if my theory holds up we'll know in June.
@intrepid How do we know that Raina and Lizzy didn't re-sign? As far as i know, it was never publicly announced whether they re-sign so their status as current members remain true until proven otherwise.

intrepid wrote:But I came back here after the rumour that Kaeun has indeed joined Produce 48, if true that is also another nail in AS's coffin, if she were to get in she'll be promoting with that group for two and a half years and won't be able to promote outside of that group and it would also put her at the end of her contract when released.
She wouldn't make such a commitment if AS was ever going to come back,
@intrepid If it is true that Kaeun does join Produce 48 and gets selected fro their new group then After School can do what Nu'est did when Minhyun has to promote with Wanna One i.e. After School can comeback with a unit group (maybe called After School W) containing all their members except Kaeun just like what Nu'est did with Nu'est W.

intrepid wrote:I'm sorry PlayboyzAdam but it seems things aren't going to go the way you think, we can hope but I just don't see it.
@intrepid LOL things have been going the way I want for the last few years plus I actually want Kaeun to participate in Produce 48. It'll be so exciting seeing Kaeun in a long running show and learning more about her Very Happy If you look back at one of the games in this forum, you'll find that I ranked Kaeun as my least favourite member. It wasn't because I thought there was anything wrong with Kaeun, Kaeun is my least favourite member because I don't know her that well. In a survival program like Produce 101, because their career and hence their livelihood is on the line, the show brings out the best and the worst in people and that's when you can truly get to know someone.

PlayboyzAdam
Fifth Grader

Back to top Go down

Post by intrepid Wed May 02, 2018 12:32 am

Well I was a month off with Lizzy's contract length. Crying or Very sad

She left and as I've said before the Orange Caramel girls is the line you can't cross for any hope of a comeback and now Lizzy is gone, there is no more hope for After School and Orange Caramel is dead now as well, I'm sorry PlayboyzAdam but I did try to warn you, the signs were all too clear and I take no pleasure in it at all.

E-Young was asked about a AS comeback in a recent interview, she said she was too busy to think about it because of her music academy and her band, which is just a way to sidestep the obvious that AS wasn't coming back.
Kaeun is confirmed for produce 48 so she is out of the picture as well so I guess we just have to find out what Raina is going to do.
intrepid
intrepid
Second Grader

Back to top Go down

Post by PlayboyzAdam Wed May 02, 2018 3:55 am

intrepid wrote:Well I was a month off with Lizzy's contract length. Crying or Very sad

She left and as I've said before the Orange Caramel girls is the line you can't cross for any hope of a comeback and now Lizzy is gone, there is no more hope for After School and Orange Caramel is dead now as well, I'm sorry PlayboyzAdam but I did try to warn you, the signs were all too clear and I take no pleasure in it at all.

E-Young was asked about a AS comeback in a recent interview, she said she was too busy to think about it because of her music academy and her band, which is just a way to sidestep the obvious that AS wasn't coming back.
Kaeun is confirmed for produce 48 so she is out of the picture as well so I guess we just have to find out what Raina is going to do.
After School still has Raina and Nana (i.e. AS 2 top performers) and there's rumours that Lee Hain (from Produce 101 season 1/ Idol School) and Lee Sian is joining Pledis (and maybe After School). After School is still very much alive.

Where is the interview where E-Young was asked about a AS comeback?

PlayboyzAdam
Fifth Grader

Back to top Go down

Post by intrepid Wed May 02, 2018 8:08 am

PlayboyzAdam wrote:
intrepid wrote:Well I was a month off with Lizzy's contract length. Crying or Very sad

After School still has Raina and Nana (i.e. AS 2 top performers) and there's rumours that Lee Hain (from Produce 101 season 1/ Idol School) and Lee Sian is joining Pledis (and maybe After School). After School is still very much alive.

Where is the interview where E-Young was asked about a AS comeback?

The link is here https://post.naver.com/viewer/postView.nhn?volumeNo=15078791&memberNo=31793509

And do you mean Lee Haein? I really never heard those rumours and had to look them up and could only find a picture of her sitting between NU'EST and Yoonjo and a report of her and the other girl following Pledis Boss account, pretty thin evidence of either of them joining AS/Pledis especially when the rumour was she was sitting between Pledis family but Yoonjo isn't in Pledis I thought that was established so she was sitting next to NU'EST, so what somebody had to, I'd need more evidence than that.
intrepid
intrepid
Second Grader

Back to top Go down

Post by PlayboyzAdam Wed May 02, 2018 10:21 am

intrepid wrote:The link is here https://post.naver.com/viewer/postView.nhn?volumeNo=15078791&memberNo=31793509

And do you mean Lee Haein? I really never heard those rumours and had to look them up and could only find a picture of her sitting between NU'EST and Yoonjo and a report of her and the other girl following Pledis Boss account, pretty thin evidence of either of them joining AS/Pledis especially when the rumour was she was sitting between Pledis family but Yoonjo isn't in Pledis I thought that was established so she was sitting next to NU'EST, so what somebody had to, I'd need more evidence than that.
I can't read Hangul.

Yes I meant Lee Haein and yes the rumours started because Haein and Sian followed Pledis boss. Those are rumours and as far as I know there is not actual evidence that they did indeed join Pledis.

PlayboyzAdam
Fifth Grader

Back to top Go down

Post by PlayboyzAdam Wed May 02, 2018 10:29 am

"Following After School Lizzy's graduation from the team and departure from Pledis Entertainment, the agency confirms Orange Caramel has not yet disbanded. If there are opportunities in the future, Pledis will support their activities"

https://twitter.com/theseoulstory/status/991451630062133248

PlayboyzAdam
Fifth Grader

Back to top Go down

Post by intrepid Wed May 02, 2018 3:35 pm

PlayboyzAdam wrote:
intrepid wrote:The link is here https://post.naver.com/viewer/postView.nhn?volumeNo=15078791&memberNo=31793509

I can't read Hangul.

Yes I meant Lee Haein and yes the rumours started because Haein and Sian followed Pledis boss. Those are rumours and as far as I know there is not actual evidence that they did indeed join Pledis.

The article will translate fairly well but here is the relevant parts:

QUESTION:When will the after school be working together again?

"Now that I have my own personal activities, it is difficult to answer clearly.
I have a lot of things to prepare, so I can not think of anything other than that. There is nothing yet to be done about graduation. Still, after school I do not have an exact plan for the group.
Could one day be active again?"

Question: If you are a band, are you talking about Lee Young Band ?
I was wondering if the members were coming. ( Laughter )

"That's right . It 's a band I've been preparing for three or four years.
Since I am a public relations ambassador in Gangwon Province, I am going to start various activities from Gangwon Province."

Question: Gangwon province that is trying to enable more local trends deondeyo. Performances by young people,There are many event groups.

"Yes it is! I think it would be better to start from Wonju, Hoengseong, Chuncheon, and Gangneung."

I didn't tidy up the translation but because it's a straight forward article it translates well enough to understand, "There is nothing yet to be done about graduation. Still, after school I do not have an exact plan for the group." I believe this should read "There is some time before I graduate (After School) but there is no plan for the group at the moment (individual activities)" she goes on to make the question if AS will be active again, even if she already knew the answer she couldn't say anything anyway but she said shes too busy anyway.
The second part states she and her band will work out of her home town/city Gangwon and that's what she'll be concentrating on.
Remember she is only a year behind Lizzy for when she joined so that isn't much time at all before she "has" to make a decision but since she's already set up a business and is leading a band from her hometown it seems reasonable to expect that when the time comes she'll stay there.
intrepid
intrepid
Second Grader

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next