After School Daze - International Fan Forum for After School
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

After School's next Comeback + 1 Year after "First Love"

3 posters

Go down

After School's next Comeback + 1 Year after "First Love" Empty After School's next Comeback + 1 Year after "First Love"

Post by PrinceX Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:40 am

It's been now a year since After School made their Korean Comeback with "First Love".

After School's next Comeback + 1 Year after "First Love" 441535889_640

Gaon Single Charts : 7
Gaon Album Charts : 11 (13k)

Music Charts :
Inkigayo 2nd
M Countdown 4th
Music Core 4th
Show Champion 2nd

My thoughts: Good Concept idea, bad marketing startegy/execution
So much wasted potential.

I remember when they announced that they gonna make a comeback with a pole dance concept. Had high expectations from this comeback. I was really excited, really excited.
We know that After School are one of the top performance groups in Kpop and always working hard for being a top group today.
I was hoping for a badass choreography and A+ performance from the girls.
About the song. After i heard that they are working with Brave Brothers again, i had a bit of a mixed feeling. We know how he likes to recycling old hits like Sister's Alone or Sister19 Gone Not Around Any Longer but on the other hand we know that After School had all their hits from him too. Such as Ah!, DIVA and Because Of You. So opportunities were there to have an another hit song for After School again after 4 years.
After the Music Video release i was excited to see the girls again and having a After School comeback again after long waiting since a whole years after their last Comeback with Flashback.
I expected more to be honest. The visuals were great actually, And the camera work were good too. The Girls looked good of course. As always!  Wink 
Having the poles and the dancing interact together was in my opinion not a good idea.
You can see the results in the live shows. Without the poles, it is just a boring and weak choreography by After School's standard. Very disappointed by that.
Should have put the pole dancing to the intro, Something like Let's Do It or Let's Step Up. And having a stronger choreography for the title song.
The Song itself was weak and very disappointing. What i feared the most was to have a similar sound like Sistar and later also happened.
The amount of lines for each member was good though.
Also sad we couldn't see Lizzy on a pole at all for the whole Comeback since she got injured.
It was overall...OK.
But their weakest comeback for sure.

At least Juyeon's looks saved the whole Comeback somehow. So we should thank her for that.

I'm really surprised that we have June already but still no sign from a new After School comeback. We are waiting now a f***ing year for another comeback....i can't believe it actually. I would say that's a new record isn't it? Pledis you.....

I know the girls are busy with their show and all the solo stuff they doing but they are still musicians in first place aren't they?
I mean, i became a After School fan because of their music and not from Uee's acting or Nana's modeling.
It is really frustrating for Kpop fans these days isn't it? Having one comeback from your bias a year sucks.

About their next Comeback:

Of course i hope it's an improvement from their last one.
Better choreography. A different composer. A different type of sound. Like their latest Japanese Album Dress To Kill for example.
A strong title song. A upbeat sound, something that is catchy and easy to listening.
A new member with rapper skills please! Would like to see that.
Graduate Jungah or Orange Caramel next before or after their comeback please.
And this time promote it correctly with a follow-up song.

But if the next Comeback is going to be a miss again than i'm really over with After School and shitledis.

Well that's all for now.
See ya!

After School's next Comeback + 1 Year after "First Love" Tumblr_inline_n37l4r60WW1qzm9fa

PrinceX
Pre-schooler

Back to top Go down

After School's next Comeback + 1 Year after "First Love" Empty Re: After School's next Comeback + 1 Year after "First Love"

Post by intrepid Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:48 am

PrinceX wrote:

You want a better sound/song from After School and at the same time graduate the four girls in the group that are the best singers, I don’t get your reasoning?
intrepid
intrepid
Second Grader

Back to top Go down

After School's next Comeback + 1 Year after "First Love" Empty Re: After School's next Comeback + 1 Year after "First Love"

Post by PlayboyzAdam Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:12 am

@PrinceX LOL intrepid has a really good point. A couple of months ago you wanted UEE and Orange Caramel graduated, why do you want Jung Ah graduated this time instead of UEE. LOL, I mean your reason for wanting UEE graduated made sense but Jung Ah.....with Orange Caramel?

PrinceX wrote:I mean, i became a After School fan because of their music and not from Uee's acting or Nana's modeling.
I've never seen a K-drama before and I've been an After School fan for over 5 years now, I'm not really into Nana's modeling and if it was their music that made me a fan I would have stopped being their fan after 2011. But here I am still crazily in love with these girls as I ever was. Is their music really that important to you...I mean you've got Juyeon as your bias and she really doesn't vocally add that much to the group so I'm finding it hard to believe you actually cared that much about what they sound like also LOL, again as intrepid pointed out you wanted After School's best singers graduated haha...

PlayboyzAdam
Fifth Grader

Back to top Go down

Post by PrinceX Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:42 am

intrepid wrote:
PrinceX wrote:

You want a better sound/song from After School and at the same time graduate the four girls in the group that are the best singers, I don’t get your reasoning?

First of all, i said Jungah OR Orange Caramel not all together at the same time.
Second, I think E-young and Gaeun are pretty decent singers too! Not just Orange Caramel. Give the newbies some spotlight too.
And Third, since Orange Caramel are very independent by their own, i don't see a problem to leaving them After School personally. All 3 can still work for Pledis as a own Group.
And Jungah, since she is the oldest, she had many chances but she never got any of them thanks to Pledis.

PrinceX
Pre-schooler

Back to top Go down

Post by PrinceX Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:19 am

PlayboyzAdam wrote:@PrinceX LOL intrepid has a really good point. A couple of months ago you wanted UEE and Orange Caramel graduated, why do you want Jung Ah graduated this time instead of UEE. LOL, I mean your reason for wanting UEE graduated made sense but Jung Ah.....with Orange Caramel?

True and i changed my mind. And Again, I said Jungah OR Orange Caramel not All together.

PrinceX wrote:I mean, i became a After School fan because of their music and not from Uee's acting or Nana's modeling.
PlayboyzAdam wrote:I've never seen a K-drama before and I've been an After School fan for over 5 years now, I'm not really into Nana's modeling and if it was their music that made me a fan I would have stopped being their fan after 2011. But here I am still crazily in love with these girls as I ever was. Is their music really that important to you...I mean you've got Juyeon as your bias and she really doesn't vocally add that much to the group so I'm finding it hard to believe you actually cared that much about what they sound like also LOL, again as intrepid pointed out you wanted After School's best singers graduated haha...

Wow you're really ignorant! Do you even read your comments before you posting them?
I'm actually not surprised that so few people are here in this forum after seeing your comments especially.
You really pissing me off actually since i took a break a couple of months ago from this forum. You seem like a Person who is judging way too harsh other people.
You always have to justify yourself all the time....

Yes. I Became A After School fan because of i saw their Music Videos and listened to their Music believe it or not. Not About Dramas or Variety Shows.
And I became a Juyeon fan because she became my favorite Member of the group (Visually).
I like their music and i'm not ashamed of.
And Saying that "I would have stopped being a fan of their music after 2011"....
Fuck Off! Their music is still good. Listen To their latest Japanese album Dress To Kill and than come to me again!
You're embarrassing.

Whatever. You don't have to reply my comment because today was my last time being in this Forum anyways.
Not her for getting Attacked by just saying my opinions and being a After School fan for their Music.....Yes for their Music!

PrinceX
Pre-schooler

Back to top Go down

Post by PlayboyzAdam Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:58 am

PrinceX wrote:True and i changed my mind. And Again, I said Jungah OR Orange Caramel not All together.

@PrinceX ahhh I see the OR in "Jungah or Orange Caramel" now. I think I see the problem with Orange Caramel being an independent. I think Pledis doesn't have the resources to effectively promote them...right now I don't think Pledis has the resources to effectively promote any of their artists.

PrinceX wrote:Wow you're really ignorant! Do you even read your comments before you posting them?
I'm actually not surprised that so few people are here in this forum after seeing your comments especially.
You really pissing me off actually since i took a break a couple of months ago from this forum. You seem like a Person who is judging way too harsh other people.

What the.....what do you mean by "judging way too harsh other people" I wasn't judging you. OK, obviously you don't know a joke when you see one. What happened to "learn to have humor and being sarcasm" like you said in the Rules for Discussion thread. Seriously is this really that offensive?
PlayboyzAdam wrote:Is their music really that important to you...I mean you've got Juyeon as your bias and she really doesn't vocally add that much to the group so I'm finding it hard to believe you actually cared that much about what they sound like also LOL, again as intrepid pointed out you wanted After School's best singers graduated haha...

PrinceX wrote:I like their music and i'm not ashamed of.
Hmm..OK there some serious misunderstanding going on here.

PrinceX wrote:And Saying that "I would have stopped being a fan of their music after 2011"....
Fuck Off! Their music is still good. Listen To their latest Japanese album Dress To Kill and than come to me again!
You're embarrassing.
You seriously need to take a chill pill. Have you not seen my posts regarding my dislike for their Japanese promotions. Accept that fact that not everyone has the same taste in music.

PrinceX wrote:Whatever. You don't have to reply my comment because today was my last time being in this Forum anyways.
....OK you could have said "You don't have to reply my comment" sooner...oh well I would probably replied anyway.

PrinceX wrote:Not her for getting Attacked by just saying my opinions and being a After School fan for their Music.....Yes for their Music!
LOL, this reminds me of the misunderstanding I have with @OKDR. Seriously I don't cared that you like their Japanese music. Yes, I don't like After School Japanese music and I have a deep hatred for AVEX but NO I didn't attack you for your opinions, SERIOUSLY you need to read my comment again and like you've once said "LEARN TO HAVE HUMOR AND BEING SARCASM"... BTW, I'm not trying to mock you for your grammar or spelling mistake that's just the way you said it....oh never mind you're gone anyway

@PrinceX, not that I care if you return to this forum or not(prefer you did though) but since my joke offended you I should apologise so I'm sorry.

...hmm feels strange apologizing to someone you know isn't ever going to see your apology.

Last edited by PlayboyzAdam on Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:34 am; edited 1 time in total

PlayboyzAdam
Fifth Grader

Back to top Go down

Post by intrepid Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:07 am

PrinceX wrote:
First of all, i said Jungah OR Orange Caramel not all together at the same time.
Second, I think E-young and Gaeun are pretty decent singers too! Not just Orange Caramel. Give the newbies some spotlight too.
And Third, since Orange Caramel are very independent by their own, i don't see a problem to leaving them After School personally. All 3 can still work for Pledis as a own Group.
And Jungah, since she is the oldest, she had many chances but she never got any of them thanks to Pledis.

I understood what you said however the implication of what you said was you’d be happy/ wanted one or three to graduate who happen to be the best singers in After School.
Yes, E-young and Kaeun are “decent” singers, but neither are better than those you propose to leave, and yes both could do with more focus but that will come with time.
My personal opinion in regards to After School is that where they are lacking is in the singing department, Kaeun can sing better than many in the group and can rap pretty good as well so I don’t think we need a “new” rapper but I really haven’t heard enough of her singing ability to really judge exactly how well she can sing.
intrepid
intrepid
Second Grader

Back to top Go down

Post by intrepid Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:26 am

PrinceX wrote:
PlayboyzAdam wrote:@PrinceX LOL intrepid has a really good point. A couple of months ago you wanted UEE and Orange Caramel graduated, why do you want Jung Ah graduated this time instead of UEE. LOL, I mean your reason for wanting UEE graduated made sense but Jung Ah.....with Orange Caramel?

True and i changed my mind. And Again, I said Jungah OR Orange Caramel not All together.

PlayboyzAdam wrote:I've never seen a K-drama before and I've been an After School fan for over 5 years now, I'm not really into Nana's modeling and if it was their music that made me a fan I would have stopped being their fan after 2011. But here I am still crazily in love with these girls as I ever was. Is their music really that important to you...I mean you've got Juyeon as your bias and she really doesn't vocally add that much to the group so I'm finding it hard to believe you actually cared that much about what they sound like also LOL, again as intrepid pointed out you wanted After School's best singers graduated haha...

Wow you're really ignorant! Do you even read your comments before you posting them?

Yes. I Became A After School fan because of i saw their Music Videos and listened to their Music believe it or not. Not About Dramas or Variety Shows.
And I became a Juyeon fan because she became my favorite Member of the group (Visually).
I like their music and i'm not ashamed of.
And Saying that "I would have stopped being a fan of their music after 2011"....
You're embarrassing.

Whatever. You don't have to reply my comment because today was my last time being in this Forum anyways.
Not her for getting Attacked by just saying my opinions and being a After School fan for their Music.....Yes for their Music!

Perhaps because I’m new there may be a history between you two I don’t know about but I don’t see where this is coming from, you made a point and someone made a counter point that’s why it’s called a “discussion.”

I don’t understand why you are being so defensive or rude for that matter because nothing I’ve read reads like a personal attack upon you nor is anyone insulting your opinion, you made a post and people are replying to that post that’s how a forum works.
You are entitled to your opinion but remember not everyone has to agree with it and not everyone who disagrees with it is trying to put you down.
intrepid
intrepid
Second Grader

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down