After School Daze - International Fan Forum for After School
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[DISCUSSION] Potential Next Leader

+15
Minju
Milky
Redboi675
eyoungfan
Mbi
heartnana_95
umiboshy
K-kitsune
danosh
OKDR
Jayden
sevensketch
HelloImPatch
PlayboyzAdam
Renzel
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

[DISCUSSION] Potential Next Leader - Page 2 Empty Re: [DISCUSSION] Potential Next Leader

Post by OKDR Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:56 am

No you're not. I started studying it a few years ago, still beginner level transitioning to Intermediate XD

don't worry about skipping parts, it's obvious people can't read all what we type if it's that long XD
OKDR
OKDR
First Grader

Back to top Go down

[DISCUSSION] Potential Next Leader - Page 2 Empty Re: [DISCUSSION] Potential Next Leader

Post by K-kitsune Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:21 pm

Reading all of this, it came to me that the position of leader just isn't that important anymore post-Kahi. There are many groups that have "leaders" but are more or less equals, and aside from age-difference hierarchy, AS is becoming/has become one of those groups.
K-kitsune
K-kitsune
First Grader

Back to top Go down

Post by PlayboyzAdam Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:04 pm

K-kitsune wrote:Reading all of this, it came to me that the position of leader just isn't that important anymore post-Kahi. There are many groups that have "leaders" but are more or less equals, and aside from age-difference hierarchy, AS is becoming/has become one of those groups.

I think whether the position of leader post-Kahi is important or not depends on if you consider whether the roles of a leader are important or can the roles be performed well by the group without a leader. The roles I've identified the leader is responsible for  includes, mediator, group representative, critic/teacher and visionary.

I think the role of mediator is very important. In order to maintain peace a mediator is required when disagreements occur. Although a mediator is important, it is not necessary. If the girls can resolve their problems by themselves a mediator is not needed. When they girls were questioned(indirectly as a joke) if there was any bulling in the group they laughed at the question and said they get along fine. From what I've seen the girls are fine without a leader there to help mediate.

A group representative acts on behalf of the whole group. So they maybe responsible for things like negotiating terms of contracts, conveying concerns/complains of members to their managers etc. Again I think this roles is important but not necessary if the group can act on their own without a designated group representative. I do think After School can act as a group, I think they did it as a group when they ask for Pledis to not change the member lineup for their First Love comeback but I'm not sure.

The role of visionary is someone who is responsible for continuously thinking and planning how to improve the group to bring more success to the group. Same with previous roles, I think this roles is important but not necessary. After School is full of creative and talented individuals that I think are capable of performing this without a leader to do it for them.

The role of critic/teacher is very important for ensuring the quality performances After School is known for. Someone needs to be there to point out mistake and make suggestions for improvements. I think this is the most important role and the crappiest. From personal experience unless you're in a perfect group where everyone works perfectly, the leader(if he/she is doing his/her job) is in danger of being singled out as the most hated person in the group. Even if this role is important, it is not necessary if all the members step up their game so there's no need for the lectures and critiques. However after Kahi graduated I've seen performances where it appears Jung Ah's over mothering passive nature is preventing her from performing this role properly and the members clearly have not sufficiently stepped up their game.

With all that said, I've came to the conclusion that while the position of a leader might be important, it is not necessary post-Kahi if all the members step up but I'm not under the impression that the members and sufficiently stepped up their game. Also I guess the necessity of a leader is also questionable because there are fans that don't seem too keen on having quality performances instead favouring Jung Ah's omma twist to leading. I think at the end of the day it all comes down to being a matter of opinion.

Btw, even though I've just said having Jung Ah as the leader is as good as not having a leader at all(that's basically what every I've said adds up to). I'm not hating on Jung Ah, I love her to bits but I just don't think she's a very good leader right now.

PlayboyzAdam
Fifth Grader

Back to top Go down

Post by eyoungfan Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:49 am

I am known to be crazy so I am going to say one name! E-youngie! Yeah that is pretty crazy and I am obviously biased. I would want to see Nana leading A.S. for a few years and then see E-young take over. I know that she seems shy but I got the feeling that she can be quite serious and she sure has determination. In Weekly Idol and Seri’s Star Kitchen I got to see a bit of those qualities and I think as she will gain more fans, lines and habits as an idol I think her shyness might fade away. I just think that she is a bit insecure at the moment. But as soon as she dances or plays an instrument she knows what she is doing and she shows leadership potential in the future.

I still remember that time where all the girls stood still on stage because they did not know which version of Shampoo that was playing, suddenly E-young started to dance perfectly in synch with the music and this was years ago. I think she has the potential, but first I want Nana to lead. To respect the seniority Jooyeon could be a main vocalist and Uee could rap more (she is really good at it.) But until that day I will hope Jungah sticks around as long as possible.  I love you 
eyoungfan
eyoungfan
Maknae

Back to top Go down

Post by Redboi675 Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:14 am

I actually think Jung-Ah is a great leader and I am really happy that she's the leader of AS. She brings this feminine and sultry quality to AS. I love how each of the members are starting to shine more, Kahi was great but I felt like it was more Kahi ft. Orange Caramel with the remaining members serving as backup dancers.

If Jooyeon becomes the next leader I would be excited to see how the group's dynamic changes. I can imagine them having a more fun and cute image, she'd probably be like JiHyun of 4Minute or Qri from T-ara where she would just be there lol.

Uee would be good but her acting career seems to be more of a priority than AS at the moment.
Redboi675
Redboi675
Pre-schooler

Back to top Go down

Post by eyoungfan Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:19 pm

Redboi675 wrote:If Jooyeon becomes the next leader I would be excited to see how the group's dynamic changes. I can imagine them having a more fun and cute image, she'd probably be like JiHyun of 4Minute or Qri from T-ara where she would just be there lol.

I have never thought of it that way. Mainly beacuse I only follow A.S. on "such a personal level." I have no clue on how other grops work with their leaders and so on. But this thread is starting to convince me. I think Jooyeon should be the leader, then Nana and after some years I want it to be E-young. And as someone else said before me, she could deligate and I actually think she would be quite a good leader if given the chance, different but good.
eyoungfan
eyoungfan
Maknae

Back to top Go down

Post by Milky Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:40 am

Sincerely is very hard to pick a new leader. They all have potential, and let's face it, even Kahi said Lizzy was one of the most well rounded members. I don't really understand what's pledis doing with her voice, she really showed her vocals in Navi's I love you and Davichi's Love and War.

Uee and Jooyeon do have pontential. Uee really showed her vocals in Lady live even if it was diffucult to her and Jooyeon showed her powerful yet sweet voice in L.O.V.E and I'm a man (those covers in youtube don't even have more than 5.000 views sadly)

AS needs a leader who can see those facts and polish them. Raina is a good candidate,she helped Lizzy a lot with her vocals, is a good dancer and can rap. Uee can be a great leader too, she has a strong position in korea and she is very charismatic.  Jooyeon knows how to be serious, and I believe she is mature enough to lead them. While Nana is one of tge most popular ones, plus she has Kahi's aura, good vocals (remembering she was trained to be vocalist) and good dance too.

But still I haven't seen everyone's potential with Kahi or JungAh. But obviously the choose is between Uee, Jooyeon, Raina or Nana, they all do have a potent aura, but I don't know who is the best option...
Milky
Milky
Maknae

http://cookies-cream-and-mint.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Minju Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:38 am

I think E-young Very Happy

Minju
Maknae

Back to top Go down

Post by PlayboyzAdam Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:52 am

Raina felt responsible so she stepped up to fill in the hole left by Jung Ah's absence during the "Shh" release event in Sunshine City because Jung Ah's health wasn't good. You can read more about it in the Kan Fun interview. Along with the many other proven leadership qualities Raina possess, Raina also has initiative, is dependable and she literally is capable of taking over the role of the leader.

Last edited by PlayboyzAdam on Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:19 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : fix spelling mistakes)

PlayboyzAdam
Fifth Grader

Back to top Go down

Post by umiboshy Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:20 am

I know It's impossible for this to happen, but imagine if Bekah would still be here, she would have been a BADASS leader! sorry I had to say it hehehe
umiboshy
umiboshy
ASDaze Team

Back to top Go down

Post by PrinceX Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:29 pm

Jungah should stay at least 2 more years as the leader.
Juyeon as the leader - No! As much i like her, she doesn't have the strength to carrying a group. And i think that she is gonna be the next graduate member.
Uee isn't even with them most of the time. Wouldn't work in my opinion.
Raina - Already Orange Caramel's leader.
Lizzy - No...
Nana - Maybe? But i hope not.  Razz 
E-young should be the leader of her new sub unit group only.
Maybe Kaeun or the next new member after 2 or 3 years when Jungah graduates from the group.

PrinceX
Pre-schooler

Back to top Go down

Post by Marinesquad49 Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:26 pm

I have to pick Raina. Based on recent interviews with Orange Caramel that said she's easily annoyed and very picky, it's perfect that she'd be next leader. Going with what others have said in this thread already, the leader has to be assertive, know when and how to sternly scold members, and lead by example. As leader of Orange Caramel not only has she had some experience leading already but she's not a push over softy girl. She's strong just like her voice!

Marinesquad49
Second Grader

Back to top Go down

Post by mitsuhoney Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:57 am

I think it might be awhile before Jung Ah leaves but I think maybe next in line to be leader will probably be Ju Yeon if we go in chronological order of who was in the group for the longest time however I feel that Raina has a pretty good head on her shoulders as a potential leader, I can see her taking on a very Kahi-like role as a leader. Another potential candidate I would think is Nana, I can see her as the more reserved Jung Ah-like role as a leader.
mitsuhoney
mitsuhoney
Maknae

Back to top Go down

Post by Nana&Kaeun4lyfe Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:37 am

I think Raina will be the next leader. She's already the leader of OC. After School have said Jooyeon isn't very strict with them and is more of a fun unnie.
Nana&Kaeun4lyfe
Nana&Kaeun4lyfe
Pre-schooler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2