After School Daze - International Fan Forum for After School
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Discussion] Nana and Roommate

+5
arhat
albeitalways
riceeeeeeeeee
captainsprunchz
lll78
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

[Discussion] Nana and Roommate Empty [Discussion] Nana and Roommate

Post by Marinesquad49 Sun May 04, 2014 9:07 pm

Episode 1 aired tonight (this morning in PST)

What's everyone's takeaway who caught it?

I almost burst when they played New Champ - Yahage when Nana was changing. So hinty and steamy Very Happy

There's a lot of anti-Nana going on with twitter and tumblr from fans of that guy from Exo. Sad they can't just enjoy the show and the fun interactions =/

So funny Nana packed her cutout and poster showing her #2 beautiful face XD

I didn't realize Orange Caramel and most idols stay in a tiny studio that looks cramped and full of their belongings! Are those their dorms or an apartment they rent and stay in together?

Can't wait for ep 2!

Last edited by Marinesquad49 on Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

Marinesquad49
Second Grader

Back to top Go down

[Discussion] Nana and Roommate Empty Re: [Discussion] Nana and Roommate

Post by lll78 Thu May 08, 2014 1:01 am

ok I really wish people would stop saying that Nana is being flirtatious! she just came sat down spoke with her close unnie and got to know the member that just so happened to not only be her style super cute and also he is part of the same agency as three of her Hello Venus hoobaes. also when the members said he was popular among the girls in the house she said that she doesnt like that type of guy... if you people watched her on style log you can see that she really wasnt flirting juste being the cute friendly and bubbly girl she is and what you guys saw isnt even 1% of her adorkable charms.

As for her roommate i find her very honest and forward i find these types of women quite charming! plus lets be honest here if you guys were to stay in such a huge house had her looks and confident a bunch of good looking guys all over you honestly wouldnt try to get there attention?! Add to that the fact that if you get in a couple you can get a free ticket out of chores!!

now instead of being rude why not keep watching.the show!!. to me.it seems like Bom Chanyeol and Nana are the energy of the show. they are so cute and bubbly! and when they appear the screen brightens Smile)) im loving the show so far!

Also for me it was the opposite of you I was surprised about how big AS doorm is! Eyoung and Kaeun share a room but they still have space to put eyoung instruments! I think it's just because of there clothes shoes and other stuff that it looks small but from what I've seen they have 3 or 4 bedrooms a huge living room and we still haven't seen the bath room!

Last edited by lll78 on Thu May 08, 2014 1:02 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : miss spell)

lll78
Maknae

Back to top Go down

Post by captainsprunchz Thu May 08, 2014 8:44 am

Oh wow. I watched episode 1 yesterday...but I didn't notice Nana talking to any of the guys except at (the super late) dinner x'D and even then it was more her talking to the other girl about the "ladies man" (it seemed).

Of course I watched without subs, so maybe I missed a few things?

My opinion is Nana is way too weirdto be fliratious x'D HAHA.

And even when she acts more girly on camera, it seems to throw everyone off (like in Style Log). Haha aww, bless her heart <3

But I agree! I was so happy they played Yahage! LOL It was so perfect.

Tbh my highlight of the show was when Nana came and cheered up that one lady who was all alone. Like they kept showing her all alone with her dog, and i was thinking, "If nana was there she wouldn't ignore her like that other woman..." and then she came, and she totally took care of her, and even held her hand and brought her outside to the swing :')

It's things like this #crying ... I was so proud to be her fan. :')
captainsprunchz
captainsprunchz
ASDaze Team

http://captain-sprunchz.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Marinesquad49 Mon May 12, 2014 12:39 am

Yay episode 2 aired today! I continue to see Nana as a free spirit on the show. For example, when she's alone in her room she dances around while brushing her teeth just like Tom Cruise slid across the room in his underwear in Risky Business  Laughing 

The boys try to court her the "piano keys" but it would take more than that to get the "key to her heart" haha  I love you 

Motorcycle guy loses his mustache; it's like when Peter from Family Guy lost his mustache  No 

Can't wait for next week! They do more activities

Marinesquad49
Second Grader

Back to top Go down

Post by riceeeeeeeeee Sat May 17, 2014 8:08 pm

O man I'm so curious if she was wearing underwear or not under dat long shirt her sexy self had on..
riceeeeeeeeee
riceeeeeeeeee
Pre-schooler

Back to top Go down

Post by Marinesquad49 Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:03 pm

[Discussion] Nana and Roommate Image11 Aww, so much joy and happiness

Last edited by Marinesquad49 on Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

Marinesquad49
Second Grader

Back to top Go down

Post by Marinesquad49 Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:30 pm

riceeeeeeeeee wrote:O man I'm so curious if she was wearing underwear or not under dat long shirt her sexy self had on..

I think the PD makes her wear it.  lol!

If what AS/OC said in past interviews is true she'd be sleeping naked next to Soo Hyun  afro 

Marinesquad49
Second Grader

Back to top Go down

Post by albeitalways Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:23 am

Like I said in another post, I used to dread every single time Roommate would air because of all the awful things Korean netizens are saying to her. But now, I don't care anymore and I just enjoy all the moments we have of her because of this show.

The show itself is pretty cute, I like the chilled, laidback vibe of the cast. But I wish the PD would have a better concept for the show overall, the forced lovelines aren't really going to raise the ratings. I'm afraid that Roommate might get axed ahead of its planned 50-episode run (especially that Kpop Star S4 is coming up) if the ratings don't pick up anytime soon.

I like how Nana seems friendly with everyone in the cast. She's been quick making friends with all the girls in the show, and she seems to be having fun. For now, I hope she just focuses on the show and ignore all the negative feedback.

I still have hope Nana will be able to win them over.
albeitalways
albeitalways
Maknae

Back to top Go down

Post by Marinesquad49 Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:08 pm

There was something about the way Nana sat in the car in episode 6 before grocery shopping that I liked but couldn't quite put my finger on.

Later it hit me...
[Discussion] Nana and Roommate Screen13

^^

Marinesquad49
Second Grader

Back to top Go down

Post by Marinesquad49 Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:15 pm

albeitalways wrote:Like I said in another post, I used to dread every single time Roommate would air because of all the awful things Korean netizens are saying to her. But now, I don't care anymore and I just enjoy all the moments we have of her because of this show.

I still have hope Nana will be able to win them over.

Episode 7 was pretty funny. I think no matter what Nana does the jealous ones will love so as long as those who love her show love she'll be supported.

On a side note I was catching up on Style Log and I got mini excited when I realized the Homer and Marge Simpson shirt she wore in Roommate ep 4 also made an appearance in Style Log. She probably didn't change when filming one after another which means she had a long day at that time (poor girl) but seeing that connection sparked a tiny jolt and smile  cyclops

Marinesquad49
Second Grader

Back to top Go down

Post by Marinesquad49 Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:57 pm

Continually Nana gets negative comments and it's dragging her down lately. On top of that I read someone's post that Nana said in Geek magazine she lost her grandma while filming Style Log and cries whenever she rewatches that episode. This moment in time is tough for our girl so I made this and tagged it to Nana on Twitter. Hopefully Youtube doesn't take it down (along with my whole account) like they did my last Roommate video.

Emphasis on the first 2/3 of lyrics. Don't we become happy when we watch her on tv or performing on stage? Don't we seriously cling to the words she says in interviews or on variety shows? Her gestures and how she looks really cheers us up so it's time to return the favor and cheer Nana up

Marinesquad49
Second Grader

Back to top Go down

Post by Marinesquad49 Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:46 pm

[Discussion] Nana and Roommate Screen21

Sae Ho, Expert Tumbler

Marinesquad49
Second Grader

Back to top Go down

Post by arhat Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:24 am

What do you think of Seho, and of Seho x Nana?

arhat
Pre-schooler

Back to top Go down

Post by Marinesquad49 Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:19 am

They are good together whether it be friends or someday...lovers? XD

This year we got to see the down to earth side of Nana through Style Log as well as Roommate and she is a girl that likes to laugh and have a good time with good company. She's not into playing games or complex situations. Pretty straight forward.

Through this show we learned more about Sae Ho too. Aside from being a comedian and a decent actor, he's funny and goofy at times.

That said, their personalities match up well and I think that's why we see then paired up a lot in the show since episode 5. One is a jokster and one likes to laugh at those jokes. But it's not just a one way street because Nana can reciprocate back (the spicy wrap incident at dinner) Sae Ho exudes confidence that some of the other guys don't show too. He didn't care taking off his shirt and showing his belly while he got hosed down in the yard hahaha. The other guys are timid and shy making it awkward.

Marinesquad49
Second Grader

Back to top Go down

Post by arhat Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:41 pm

I have to admit that Seho is quite lucky. And quite admirable for just going in and trying with Nana. Confident indeed.

Being simple and straight forward is the only way to live.

arhat
Pre-schooler

Back to top Go down

Post by arhat Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:08 am

Have you seen the tumblr for Roommates fans to write what they think?

[Link]

I have to agree with some people there that Seho is being a tad desperate and sad. Even when Nana wanted to partner up with Minwoo during the balloon popping game, Seho ended up being Nana's partner, as if to minimize the time the other guys can have with Nana so he could have her all to himself. This may be editing's fault, but it looked like Seho was more interested in bodily contact with Nana than winning the balloon popping game.

I think Nana made it clear during the early episodes that she doesn't find him attractive, and despite how reality shows are scripted, even including this one, I think she was expressing herself unfiltered that time. She admitted to being attracted to other guys like Kangjoon.

arhat
Pre-schooler

Back to top Go down

Post by arhat Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:33 am

I'm starting to feel sorry for Nana; Seho is going a little too far with his infatuation with Nana, to the point where she's uncomfortable. But she can't just reject him since netizens will bash on her. If the netizens had any moral decency, they will know that this love line isn't working.

In Ep 14, Seho switched places with Gayeon, obviously to be near Nana, and he forced his way to Nana's meeting with Kong Ling Qi. I hated how he lied about having multiple properties in different cities in an attempt to one-up Kong Ling Qi, despite quickly retracting his words. He's also acting like a jealous, possessive lover, and he's not even Nana's boyfriend.

arhat
Pre-schooler

Back to top Go down

Post by arhat Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:10 am

So how does everyone else feel about the Nana x Seho loveline?

arhat
Pre-schooler

Back to top Go down

Post by riceeeeeeeeee Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:36 pm

I'm on ep 15 now and im waiting to catch up to ep 19 to see her go on a date >.<
riceeeeeeeeee
riceeeeeeeeee
Pre-schooler

Back to top Go down

Post by arhat Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:46 pm

Not a Seho x Nana fan, like me. I hope the loveline dies in Season 2, by either the show's PD, or Nana finally putting her foot down and letting Seho know where he stands, whether or not the loveline is scripted.

Well, since Roommates Season 1 is over, and Season 2 is beginning just next week, but with a different format and title, does anyone feel the need for a forum dedicated to talking about this show? I wonder what we'll see in Season 2 and how different it will be from Season 1.

I'm really disappointed how Roommates Season 1, despite the premise of being a real/unscripted reality show purely about celebrities living in one place, ending up being another scripted show with situations.

arhat
Pre-schooler

Back to top Go down

Post by PlayboyzAdam Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:52 pm

arhat wrote:So how does everyone else feel about the Nana x Seho loveline?
Seho loves Nana but Nana only thinks on him as a normal friend. I like Seho because he treats Nana good Smile

PlayboyzAdam
Fifth Grader

Back to top Go down

Post by arhat Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:00 pm

I think he goes a little too far with his infatuation with Nana, despite treating Nana well. He offered Nana a seat and had her sit when she was fine with taking her own, and he made Nana pinky swear for a second date when Nana felt her word was enough.

arhat
Pre-schooler

Back to top Go down

Post by PlayboyzAdam Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:05 pm

arhat wrote:I think he goes a little too far with his infatuation with Nana, despite treating Nana well....
@arhat...LOL, Seho is a guys so I totally understand why he's like that. I personally don't think he goes too far with his infatuation with Nana. I think he'll respect Nana enough to respects the boundaries Nana sets for him Smile

EDIT: I'm actually playing that find Orange Caramel puzzle pieces game right now Very Happy

PlayboyzAdam
Fifth Grader

Back to top Go down

Post by arhat Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:08 pm

I am a guy too, and I think being overchivalrous is just as bad as having none. It is going over the top, especially with an independent and free spirit like Nana.

arhat
Pre-schooler

Back to top Go down

Post by PlayboyzAdam Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:31 pm

arhat wrote:I am a guy too, and I think being overchivalrous is just as bad as having none. It is going over the top, especially with an independent and free spirit like Nana.
@arhat, This is a good chance for Nana to grow and become more assertive. Nana said she'll set boundaries for him and I'm sure he'll respect them. I'm just really grateful that Seho was there to worship Nana like she deserves during a very difficult time in her life. Sometimes he may goes a little too far with his infatuation with Nana(matter of opinion) but I think it makes the show more interesting, plus he'll look pretty pathetic if he give's up every time Nana rejects he's offers. Seho is showing viewers that if you really like someone, don't give up so easily and that's a lesson that should be applied to everything in life. I think the way Seho generally acts around Nana right now is harmless Smile

PlayboyzAdam
Fifth Grader

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next