[NEWS] Kahi dishes on outcasts in girl groups and After School

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[NEWS] Kahi dishes on outcasts in girl groups and After School

Post by PlayboyzAdam on Thu May 08, 2014 2:39 am



Kahi appeared as a guest on the May 6 installment of Mnet's 'Beatles Code 3D', and MC Shindong asked her, "During the girl group outcast situation, what did you mean by the SNS post you wrote?"

When the Hwayoung and T-ara scandal was blowing up back in July of 2012, she had tweeted mysteriously, "Anyways... ha.. it doesn't feel like it's only something that happens to others."  With the announcement of her graduation from After School just the month prior, some netizens at the time speculated that the tweet hinted at some hidden turmoil resulting in her exiting from the group. She explained, "I didn't write that because I experienced something like that, but because I can relate to things that happen in girl groups."

Shindong asked, "Do outcasts exist in girl groups?"  Kahi replied, "Of course.  There are outcasts and there are those who make a big deal out of various things and are unlucky for everyone else ['unlucky' used in this sense refers to someone that just comes off unlikable due to their actions or attitude to basically mean someone that you feel is bad fortune to you], those who deserve to get hit, and those who need to get their heads on straight.  There are those who really deserve to be treated affectionately, but how can I be affectionate towards those who seem unlucky for others?"

Mir asked, "Even in After School?"  Kahi replied just as honestly, "Yes. Even in After School, there are those members whom you can't help but love, but there are also those who do not have a presence like, 'Oh, she was here?'  At the time, I was the leader and about to graduate After School.  I had mixed emotions and felt pity.  I wrote [that post] when I was feeling that way."

She was asked which member she found most endearing, but even after some thinking, she could not decide on one.

Shindong, Mir, and the other MCs kept expressing throughout how refreshing it was to hear her honesty.



Credit: allkpop

PlayboyzAdam
Fifth Grader

Posts : 1599
Reputation : 67
Join date : 2014-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [NEWS] Kahi dishes on outcasts in girl groups and After School

Post by PlayboyzAdam on Thu May 08, 2014 4:13 am

Fans are upset about how honest Kahi was about After School and I'm worried that fans are going to attack Kahi for it, slander her or propagate more propaganda against Kahi.

I'm too tired to go writing long easy length posts to defend kahi so I'm just going to address the comments made against her in ASDaze ask.fm page. Guys ASDaze ask.fm isn't really the most appropriate place for having discussions. The ASDaze forum was designed for this and does a pretty good job so how about we discuss this here.

Are you seriously praising Kahi for what she said about AS? What she said was very spiteful. I think you guys should stay neutral on this because a lot of fans like myself are very upset with her statements.
All I saw was honesty, how was what Kahi did spiteful?

couldnt agree more about the one below about kahi. honestly it was a turn off, we know there is some conflict already but for kahi to reveal to the public like that isnt cool, I feel another case of t-ara is coming up...
What do you know about the conflicts in After School? What do you know about the extent of those conflicts. I'll sum it up with a simple quote from Bekah,

"What you know about us?"

Who's this "we" that commenter was talking about. Let's assume that the commenter knows about the conflicts in after school. Still I'm very sure that there are plenty of fans that aren't aware there are conflicts in After School.

Balal wrote:yeah i checked the article and i agree with you guys. as much as i love her, it wasnt necessary. admin B
Was it necessary for Nana to tell everyone that Raina has a firm but? I'm pretty sure that most of the stuff (if not all) After School tells us in interviews wasn't necessary and what people consider as a necessity is subjective. What kahi said might not be necessary but some fans are going to find it interesting to know/confirm.

I would really like After School to be honest so I can learn about them and decided for myself how I feel about them. It's upsets me that there are fans that will attack After School members for their honesty when they've done nothing wrong.


Last edited by PlayboyzAdam on Tue May 13, 2014 2:45 pm; edited 2 times in total

PlayboyzAdam
Fifth Grader

Posts : 1599
Reputation : 67
Join date : 2014-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [NEWS] Kahi dishes on outcasts in girl groups and After School

Post by Oscarit0 on Thu May 08, 2014 2:38 pm

I dont think its a big deal tbh. But how do we know all of that was honest?

Maybe Kahi shouldnt talk about After School at all, at least not about things that could be misinterpret and harm After School.
I mean her career is in decline and using After School to get attention isnt the right way.

Oscarit0
Maknae

Posts : 2
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [NEWS] Kahi dishes on outcasts in girl groups and After School

Post by PlayboyzAdam on Thu May 08, 2014 7:55 pm

Oscarit0 wrote:I dont think its a big deal tbh.
What don't you think is a big deal, was it what Kahi said, fans responding negatively to what kahi said or this was it this topic?

But how do we know all of that was honest? wrote:But how do we know all of that was honest?
I don't know if "all" of it was honest but about the conflicts among the members part that I can be sure is true. I'm not going to elaborate because I don't want this fandom divided especially when I need this fandom working together to help After School win for their next comeback. As a fan all you need to know is that yes there are conflicts in After School but After School's team work is second to none, they'll resolve their problems without getting into a situation like what happened with T-ara and that I can be sure of too.

Oscarit0 wrote:Maybe Kahi shouldnt talk about After School at all, at least not about things that could be misinterpret and harm After School.
Just because you and some other fans don't want Kahi to talk about After School doesn't mean she shouldn't talk about After School. I'm sure there are fans out there that want to learn more about their favourite group. No matter what anyone says there's always the possibility words are going to be misinterpreted.

Oscarit0 wrote:I mean her career is in decline and using After School to get attention isnt the right way.
One of the biggest problems with fans is that they'll just make accusations with no evidence. Saying that Kahi is using After School to gain attention is a fine example. To make things worse fans have a habit of believing these rubbish without checking whether they're true or not. After all the things Kahi has done for After School, Kahi should have been hailed as a legend but instead what happens...Playgirlz/Playboyz slander her, spread propaganda against her and when she came back with her It's ME comeback Playgirlz/Playboyz leave her for dead. The right  way would have been Playgirlz/Playboyz all supporting her instead of acting like back stabbing ingrates.

PlayboyzAdam
Fifth Grader

Posts : 1599
Reputation : 67
Join date : 2014-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [NEWS] Kahi dishes on outcasts in girl groups and After School

Post by wowous on Fri May 09, 2014 1:43 pm

It was really unnecessary to diss other members like that. I'm pretty sure that if the group heard what she said, someone would feel bad and think its about them. It's not a big deal overall but in my opinion she sounded kinda sassy and conceited. And I'm pretty sure Raina wouldn't feel offended when Nana says she has a firm butt because hey its a good thing after all lol.

I don't care what she says because I was never a fan of hers, but if there's a possibility she can hurt another members feelings, I'm not supporting that. Then again, its not about what she says, its about how she says it. Yup, the fans could have been lighter with their reaction but she could also be a little lighter with her words.

"yes, there were outcasts in After School." there, couldn't she leave it at that? I'm not making a big deal of this because she's not even in the group anymore, I really agree with those saying she should stop talking about After School. I mean its been a year already lmao


avatar
wowous
Pre-schooler

Posts : 29
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2014-02-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [NEWS] Kahi dishes on outcasts in girl groups and After School

Post by Oscarit0 on Fri May 09, 2014 1:54 pm

PlayboyzAdam wrote:
Oscarit0 wrote:I dont think its a big deal tbh.
What don't you think is a big deal, was it what Kahi said, fans responding negatively to what kahi said or this was it this topic?

The whole thing! It will be forgotten in a week. So i dont see any reason for all the love or support about such a minor topic.

PlayboyzAdam wrote:
Oscarit0 wrote:But how do we know all of that was honest?
I don't know if "all" of it was honest but about the conflicts among the members part that I can be sure is true. I'm not going to elaborate because I don't want this fandom divided especially when I need this fandom working together to help After School win for their next comeback. As a fan all you need to know is that yes there are conflicts in After School but After School's team work is second to none, they'll resolve their problems without getting into a situation like what happened with T-ara and that I can be sure of too.

If you know so much more then enlighten us please. Of course there are conflcts. Eight girls on one place together screams for conflicts, but things like that doesnt belong into the media. Thats private stuff.

PlayboyzAdam wrote:
Oscarit0 wrote:Maybe Kahi shouldnt talk about After School at all, at least not about things that could be misinterpret and harm After School.
Just because you and some other fans don't want Kahi to talk about After School doesn't mean she shouldn't talk about After School. I'm sure there are fans out there that want to learn more about their favourite group. No matter what anyone says there's always the possibility words are going to be misinterpreted.

Well its just my opinion that such news could damage After Schools success. Of course Kahi can say whatever she wants. But she is in the business for quite some time now. She should know that things like that make some waves.

PlayboyzAdam wrote:
Oscarit0 wrote:I mean her career is in decline and using After School to get attention isnt the right way.
One of the biggest problems with fans is that they'll just make accusations with no evidence. Saying that Kahi is using After School to gain attention is a fine example. To make things worse fans have a habit of believing these rubbish without checking whether they're true or not. After all the things Kahi has done for After School, Kahi should have been hailed as a legend but instead what happens...Playgirlz/Playboyz slander her, spread propaganda against her and when she came back with her It's ME comeback Playgirlz/Playboyz leave her for dead. The right  way would have been Playgirlz/Playboyz all supporting her instead of acting like back stabbing ingrates.

I will be forever thankful for Kahis part in the creation of After School, but that doesnt mean she can do no wrong.
I think there is a reason why Kahi said that and for me the most logical answer is, that she wants attention.

Oscarit0
Maknae

Posts : 2
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [NEWS] Kahi dishes on outcasts in girl groups and After School

Post by PlayboyzAdam on Fri May 09, 2014 10:24 pm

wowous wrote:It was really unnecessary to diss other members like that.
I still maintain that necessity is a subjective matter and what one person considers is unnecessary is not necessarily unnecessary to another person.

wowous wrote:I'm pretty sure that if the group heard what she said, someone would feel bad and think its about them.
@wowous if a member that Kahi's words are directed at feels hurt by what Kahi said then it's good because it'll give that member an opportunity to reflect on her actions and get her head on straight. If a member misunderstands and thinks that Kahi's words are directed at her when it is not...hopefully that member will talk to Kahi about it and straighten things out.

wowous wrote:I don't care what she says because I was never a fan of hers, but if there's a possibility she can hurt another members feelings, I'm not supporting that. Then again, its not about what she says, its about how she says it. Yup, the fans could have been lighter with their reaction but she could also be a little lighter with her words.
@wowous maybe some members deserve to be hurt(I gotta figure out how to reword that so it doesn't sound so bad), maybe some fans can see things that are aren't right and needs to be stopped and maybe some members need to be called out on it so they're forced to change. It's not that fans need to be lighter on their words, fans need to shut up and stop pretending they know what they are talking about when they don't. If fans aren't sure of something they should look for evidence instead of jumping to conlusions/assumptions just because they can't figure it out.

wowous wrote:"yes, there were outcasts in After School." there, couldn't she leave it at that?
@wowous What's wrong with the other stuff she said?

wowous wrote:I'm not making a big deal of this because she's not even in the group anymore, I really agree with those saying she should stop talking about After School. I mean its been a year already lmao
@wowous I'm making a big deal out of it because Kahi is being unfairly attacked. I hope Kahi doesn't get affect by this and continues talking about After School. I was disappoint when Raina said she has learnt to be more careful about what she says after receiving so much h8 from when she talked about the camera always being on UEE even when Raina sings till she feels like coughing up blood. What I want from After School is honesty not sugar coated lies.  Also it's been about 2 year since Kahi graduated not 1.

Oscarit0 wrote:The whole thing! It will be forgotten in a week. So i dont see any reason for all the h8 or support about such a minor topic.
@Oscarit0 the big deal is that fans are unfairly attacking Kahi...AGAIN!!! I'm pretty sure this messed up fandom is trying to ruin Kahi's Kpop career.

Oscarit0 wrote:If you know so much more then enlighten us please. Of course there are conflcts. Eight girls on one place together screams for conflicts, but things like that doesnt belong into the media. Thats private stuff.
@Oscarit0, did you missed the bit where I said "I'm not going to elaborate because I don't want this fandom divided especially when I need this fandom working together to help After School win for their next comeback." If you don't get it my concerns are that what I say might jeopardise fans co operating to help After School win awards. I guess a simple way of getting me to elaborate on what Kahi has said would be to help After School(that includes Kahi) win  lots of awards.

Is there some sort of god given rule that says the fact that girls groups have conflicts and outcast is private?

Oscarit0 wrote:Well its just my opinion that such news could damage After Schools success. Of course Kahi can say whatever she wants. But she is in the business for quite some time now. She should know that things like that make some waves.
@Oscarit0 what Kahi has done is nothing compared to what Playgirlz/Playboyz has done through out these years to damage After School's success. Also how would what Kahi has said damage After Schools success? I'm curious about your opinion.

Oscarit0 wrote:I will be forever thankful for Kahis part in the creation of After School, but that doesnt mean she can do no wrong.
@Oscarit0 unfortunately I agree. Kahi has made mistakes, she's acknowledge she's made mistakes and expressed sorrow to those the mistakes are made towards but Kahi has done nothing wrong here. She was asked questions and she answered them honestly(the stuff that we are discussing about which I can confirm is true anyway). She's informed fans what Kpop groups and After School are like so that fans can decided how they feel about After School. I know the idea that an After School member or your bias might not be the sugar sweet princess you thought she was really really sucks but at least Kahi is letting you know now so one day when you find out what's going on you won't feel like you've been lied to as much.

Oscarit0 wrote:I think there is a reason why Kahi said that and for me the most logical answer is, that she wants attention.
@Oscarit0 maybe she said that because she is just being honest. Here's a very important questions for you, what kind of attention are you thinking that Kahi is trying to get  i.e. positive or negative and how does that attention help Kahi with her declining career?

PlayboyzAdam
Fifth Grader

Posts : 1599
Reputation : 67
Join date : 2014-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [NEWS] Kahi dishes on outcasts in girl groups and After School

Post by PlayboyzAdam on Mon May 12, 2014 6:25 pm

I'm going to respond to/clarify some stuff junghi4ever mentioned in her tumblr post at http://junghi4ever.tumblr.com/post/85290169509/whats-going-on-are-you-serious-after-school


In case some people are not aware you can be an outcast without being bullied. It's also possible for the bully to be the outcast and you can be an outcast simply by not fitting into the group and no bullying involved by or from any members. The allkpop article is about outcasts and Kahi has confirmed that there are outcasts in girls groups as well as After School. Nothing in that article directly mentions about bullying.

There has been plenty of interview where After School has been questioned about conflicts in After School and they've shown they resolve their problems without getting into situations like that T-ara scandal e.g.

In Tenasias Interview Jung Ah says,
Our performances and songs are important but I think teamwork is the most important. We never argue and if there’s something we’re disappointed about, we say so immediately, through either text or some way. So nobody stays sore about things.

In Yoo Sae Yoon’s Art Video interview,
He(Yoo Sae Yoon) then referred to the bullying controversy surrounding idol stars and asked, “Is that why U-ie isn’t here…?”, jokingly suggesting that Uee was also a victim of bullying.
However, the After School members burst into laughter and blurted, “When it comes to us, we get along just fine.”

Ectract from @milkiwism (source Asiatoday),
“We also have been through some internal conflicts and objections from fans. But everything would be resolved if you had confident and strong willed.”
See nanaasfacts for more details.

There are conflicts in After School but it doesn't look like there's any need for fans to be worried about it. After School will resolve their problems on their own. Fans making assumptions or naming names that might not be correct will only make problems worst.


@junghi4ever good point. People need to keep their mind open to the idea that their sources might be wrong or misleading.


There is definitely bullying going on and I'm sick of it. I'm not talking about AS members bullying each other I'm talking about fans bullying AS members. Brave Brothers isn't the problem, the problems are the fans. I'll elaborate more on this in another discussion topic later.


Do fans have any proof that E-young and/or Raina were the ones being bullied...well by other members anyway? I do remember Raina being bullied by fans but that's for another topic.


@junghi4ever I think you've misunderstood Kahi and forgotten what actually was shown in Strong Heart. Kahi has only ever been shown to be strict regarding quality control for performances. The seating arrangement in the van, dongsaeng cleaning up after unnies and other strict seniority discipline stuff was UEE's doing not Kahi's. I think Kahi is much more soft heart than most fans think. See http://afterschooldaze.forumotion.com/t340-discussion-kahi-is-a-strict-leader for more details. I think if members do misbehave I'm sure Kahi would scold them, I don't think when she said "those who deserve to get hit" she means it it literally. Anyway when she said that she was talking about girl groups in general not explicitly After School.

PlayboyzAdam
Fifth Grader

Posts : 1599
Reputation : 67
Join date : 2014-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [NEWS] Kahi dishes on outcasts in girl groups and After School

Post by Jinana on Wed May 14, 2014 4:42 am

I honestly think you take defending Kahi way too seriously.

Saying that there are other members that don't have a presence? That is pretty harsh. I'm not advocating for everyone to get on all the time but at least keep your issues with other people between yourselves.
avatar
Jinana
Pre-schooler

Posts : 73
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2014-02-03

View user profile http://www.last.fm/user/randomnoodles

Back to top Go down

Re: [NEWS] Kahi dishes on outcasts in girl groups and After School

Post by PlayboyzAdam on Wed May 14, 2014 7:55 am

Jinana wrote:I honestly think you take defending Kahi way too seriously.
Is defending Kahi way too seriously suppose to be a problem?

Jinana wrote:Saying that there are other members that don't have a presence? That is pretty harsh.
Harsh? You've taken it out of context. Kahi says,

"Yes. Even in After School, there are those members whom you can't help but love, but there are also those who do not have a presence like, 'Oh, she was here?'  At the time, I was the leader and about to graduate After School.  I had mixed emotions and felt pity.  I wrote [that post] when I was feeling that way."

For those who are having trouble understanding, Kahi feels pity towards those who do not have a presence. "Those who do not have a presence" could be interpreted as "those who are ignored". So one interpretation could be she felt pity towards those who are ignored.

Jinana wrote:I'm not advocating for everyone to get on all the time but at least keep your issues with other people between yourselves.
I'm not sure what you are talking about and what issues?

PlayboyzAdam
Fifth Grader

Posts : 1599
Reputation : 67
Join date : 2014-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [NEWS] Kahi dishes on outcasts in girl groups and After School

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum