After School Daze - International Fan Forum for After School
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[NEWS] 140203 U.S. Billboard Lists After School's 5 Best Performances

+2
Jayden
dangerouslush
6 posters

Go down

[NEWS] 140203 U.S. Billboard Lists After School's 5 Best Performances Empty [NEWS] 140203 U.S. Billboard Lists After School's 5 Best Performances

Post by dangerouslush Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:36 pm

So cool! Billboard honored TVXQ for their 10-year anniversary and now After School  Very Happy 

Happy 5th Anniversary, After School! Top 5 Must-Watch Performances By the K-Pop Girl Group

[NEWS] 140203 U.S. Billboard Lists After School's 5 Best Performances Afterschool_fifthanniversarysplit_kpop_650-430

Five years is a tough time to remain relevant in pop music -- particularly in K-pop, where five years is considered the expiration date for idols. But Korean girl group After School has not only been able to prosper through its first half-decade -- latest single "First Love" was the group's highest-charting entry on the K-Pop Hot 100 yet -- but also continues to show increasingly stronger stage performances with each single.

Since debuting as a quintet in late January 2009 to the current lineup of eight members -- the group has K-pop's only admission/graduation concept -- the After School girls have increasingly placed more emphasis on stage performance, looking to hypnotize audiences with catchy tracks paired with dazzling onstage showmanship. It's hard to imagine most -- if any -- Western pop star dedicating themselves to such extreme live shows. And don't forget: Lip synching is a bigtime "no-no" in the band's native South Korea.

To celebrate After School's anniversary, K-Town has selected five must-see performances from the hardest-working performers in K-pop. From their Pussycat Doll-esque debut to a seven-woman pole dance routine, these are the K-pop hotties' most impressive stages.

Full list: http://www.billboard.com/articles/list/5876994/happy-5th-anniversary-after-school-top-5-must-watch-performances-by-the-k-pop

So many good memores ^^ what are your favorite AS stages?

Credit: America Billboard
dangerouslush
dangerouslush
Pre-schooler

Back to top Go down

[NEWS] 140203 U.S. Billboard Lists After School's 5 Best Performances Empty Re: [NEWS] 140203 U.S. Billboard Lists After School's 5 Best Performances

Post by Jayden Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:00 pm

Aww I love this, thanks for posting it here!

I will always think that their AH! debut stage was one of the most epic. The five girls did an excellently synchronised and powerful stage -- I love watching it and will always be a little sad that they've stopped performing it.

I actually really loved their First Love comeback stage! The pole-dancing was amazing -- it played with so many different levels, and I thought Raina looked especially gorgeous in that leather outfit. Jungah also fit that concept extremely well -- I love Raina's voice, but Jungah's wispier tones was better for the song, and came out very well live!

How about you?
Jayden
Jayden
Admin

Back to top Go down

[NEWS] 140203 U.S. Billboard Lists After School's 5 Best Performances Empty Re: [NEWS] 140203 U.S. Billboard Lists After School's 5 Best Performances

Post by infinity328 Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:23 am

Thank you for share it here Very Happy
For me First Love stage will always be memorable one since it's the first AS song I heard and got me hooked. When heard pole dancing most people will think negative but they pulled it off elegantly. It's beautiful and refined instead of trashy. First Love also showed their extraordinary dance skill, it takes lot of hard work to learn pole art, Lizzy and Raina even got injured badly, but they still nailed it very well.
I also really love Jungah in First Love era - long hair, and those sexy midriff <333 - that's another personal reason that makes me love this comeback stage very much XD
infinity328
infinity328
ASDaze Team

http://lanfix.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Gokoulssj Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:07 am

Awesome share
First Love was my first time experiencing the anticipation of waiting for the release and then experiencing it with the MV, album release and all the stage performances. So for me, First Love is my Fav, yet I never get tired of watching all the performances that came before. I'm glad Billboard recognized how amazing AS is.
Gokoulssj
Gokoulssj
Second Grader

Back to top Go down

Post by QueenJungah Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:28 pm

I really enjoy all of After School's performance's because they are so unique and different to what you usually see out in the music world. You can tell they worked hard to get it perfect.

I find it hard to pick one era because they are all so strong but if I had to choose, it would be First Love. It was the first time I was able to be so actively involved in their promotions by voting for them, talking to other fans and staying up late to watch their performances. It was really memorable and fun for me. Smile
QueenJungah
QueenJungah
Maknae

Back to top Go down

Post by heartnana_95 Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:56 am

Of course After School is number 1 when it comes to performances! I've been on other forums, and even if people aren't Playgirlz/Playboyz they always admit that After School's performances and concepts can't be beaten and that they are one of the hardest working idol groups out there!
heartnana_95
heartnana_95
Pre-schooler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down