After School Daze - International Fan Forum for After School
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Position on Helping Fans Demand Pledis for an After School Comeback

Go down

My Position on Helping Fans Demand Pledis for an After School Comeback Empty My Position on Helping Fans Demand Pledis for an After School Comeback

Post by PlayboyzAdam Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:22 am

Regarding demanding Pledis give us an After School comeback, it appears that some fans are still confused by my position in this fandom despite me trying to make myself clear with that tweet thread I pinned to my twitter profile page. It could be the heavy emotions or strong language present in that thread that is preventing my points from being effectively interpreted so I'll try again here but this time I'll try to tone down the language, emotions and keeps things shorter.

Where I stand in this fandom is this, I am not just a fan of the members, I am also a fan of After School i.e. the After School I've followed since 2009. Obviously the After School I've follow since 2009 has changed drastically in terms of the member line up and even in terms of concepts since BoY was release however it isn't just the member line up or their concepts that defined After School. The member line up and their concepts are just part of what defines After School, what is most important in defining After School can be best worded by a quote I wrote in that tweet thread,

"AS was lead by Kahi who instilled the highest of standard to AS through her leadership and strictness and that highest of standard became an intrinsic of part of After School's identity. Bekah lyricised this in Bang, 'Crisp, clean, original, new. Quality is what we give to you'. THAT is who AS is and THAT was why I follow AS since 2009..."

The prestige brought by that intrinsic of part of After School's identity was what put Hyomin in awe while she watched Juyeon do her Buttons and When I Grow Up performance in Invincible Youth. That prestige is also the reason why when SNSD was asked why didn't Sunny and Jessica dance with the rest of SNSD in their battle against After School, Sunny said they didn't have the courage to dance against After School so they were only there to cheer on SNSD.

The problem was that intrinsic of part of After School was something that many fans weren't aware off or cared about. As the fandom grew, I notice more and more fans saw After School differently and wanted After School to be different from what they are. I was afraid that After School would change, that they'll let go of who are at fans request. I wanted to find fans who saw the After School that I saw and wanted After School to be the After School they are so we can let After School know there are fans that still support who they are. That search began in 2013 and till this day I still haven't found any.

After all this time, the only other people I've found besides me that wanted After School to be After School are, are the After School members themselves. About a year and a half after I joined ASdaze forum, Raina said After School was practicing for a song to comeback with but the comeback didn't happen because they felt it wasn't good enough for a comeback and they weren't going to settle for any mediocre song. About a year after Raina said that UEE said they'll comeback when they have a good song to comeback with. This is the After School I know and love and I was proud of what they said, the rest of this fandom however couldn't care less about who After School are or who they want to be and created a petition to demand Pledis give us an After School comeback. This was not long After UEE told us they'll comeback when they have a good song to comeback with.

The basis for that petition was that Pledis doesn't respect After School's wishes to comeback however the truth is that it is this fandom that doesn't respect After School's wishes to comeback when they have a good song to comeback with as show by what Raina and UEE said.

I was contacted by several fan asking about that petition but I kept quiet about it because that was an important petition.  It wasn't important for helping After School, it was important for seeing whether After School or Pledis will cave into fan's pressure and force After School to comeback with something mediocre just to satisfy fan's request or will After School stay true to who they are. The reason why I kept quiet about the petition was because I didn't want what I was thinking to affect what fans decided to do and mostly importantly what After School decided to do. If After School decided to stay true to who they are then they can only be true to who they are if they want to be the After School they are because that's what they want and not because that's want fans want...if that's too confusing then see if this makes sense. You are only true to who yourself if the decision to be the way you are is your own decision and not someone elses.

Neither After School nor Pledis cave into that petition for so I'm proud of them for that.

If where I stand in this fandom still isn't clear then I'll summarize it. The most important thing about After School for me is that they remain the After School I fell in love with back in 2009 and who that After School is, is describe in the 3rd paragraph. By forcing After School to comeback without knowing or caring about who they are or who they want to be you are being the problem that originally lead me to try to find fans that can see and appreciate the After School I fell in love with in order to support them.

If you guys can prove to me that Pledis is deliberately neglecting After School and not giving them a comeback then I'll join in your demands to Pledis for an After School comeback but as it stand you guys still haven't proved Pledis is as bad as you guys are claiming and contrary to that, Kyla has said Pledis is a very good and supportive company and she believes that everyone deserves a company that supports them like Pledis supported her. Nana has said Pledis is a company full of love and affection.

I'm sick of seeing the same responses throughout these years so I'll answer to some of them in advance so you guys don't have to tell them to me.

After School not having a comeback since 2013 is not proof that Pledis is neglecting them because After School members have mentioned that why the can't comeback yet and if you have proof that After School members are lying or wrong then show it to me.

You OPINION that it doesn't take 7 years for Pledis to find a decent song for After School to comeback with is YOUR OPINION i.e. not proof. Please understand what an opinion is and what proof is.

It is not the case that people that work for a company won't talk bad about that company. There are people that work for a company and still talk bad about them while working there for example Henry saying how the pass 9 years with SM has been a mistake and asking for his fans to help him, Amber saying that SM continuously hurts, neglects and takes advantage of her, AOA saying that their CEO doesn't even know their names, if they don't do well their CEO doesn't talk to them and FNC treats CNBlue way better and 2NE1 saying their CEO calls them ugly to their faces. So it is possible for After School members to talk bad about Pledis if they really are as bad as fans are claiming.

If Pledis is really treating After School as bad as fans are claiming then After School can sue Pledis but till  this date no Pledis artist or ex-Pledis artist has sued Pledis for anything yet. For a Kpop company that's an impressive record.

Kyla liking those tweets that shade Pledis is not proof she hates Pledis or that Kyla was lying when she said those positive things about Pledis. Those tweets that Kyla liked wasn't just about shading Pledis, they were also about wanting Kyla to return to Pristin during her stay in US so it's possible Kyla was wondering when she will be returning to Pristin again or just liking the fact that people want her to return.

PlayboyzAdam
Fifth Grader

Back to top Go down