After School Daze - International Fan Forum for After School
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[DISCUSSION] K-fan account of Nana saying her singing career is ending

2 posters

Go down

[DISCUSSION] K-fan account of Nana saying her singing career is ending Empty [DISCUSSION] K-fan account of Nana saying her singing career is ending

Post by PlayboyzAdam Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:20 am

I've been having a Twitter discussion with a Korean fan about another Korean fan's account of Nana saying her singing career is ending during the MISSHA autograph event on 17th last month.

Here's the full Twitter discussion https://twitter.com/AdamFJH/status/1002935995237466112

Some of my followers might remember near the end of 2015 I tweeted that I'll probably be jobless next year but at least I still have After School. Well at the start of 2016 I quit my job and have been pretty much jobless since then but I still have After School. Today I went to applied for a job but was finally told they've never hired me ( in the last 2 years of me continuously applying on a monthly basis) because I'm over qualified. They asked me have I thought of dumbing down my resume and I said yes I've even once removed all my awards and university qualification and accreditation to applied for a chicken packing position and they still won't hire me. I'm going through a very difficult time right (as I have for the last 2 years) but I've always been happy with the hope that After School will comeback. Right now my plan is to finish off some really big personal project and then produce some software products to start my own software company but that'll take a few years which I would be fine with (even though I I'll probably be jobless during that time) as long as After School is still there but this fan account is causing me a lot of concerns.

I wish the Korean media would get hold of this fan account and force Pledis and/or Nana to address this. I need to know whether Nana will graduate anytime soon and if she does, what would happen to After School and Orange Caramel. Right now it's not officially confirmed so please don't go jumping to conclusions.

After School has done more than enough for me to continue to love them for more than a life time no matter what happens if Nana graduated.

PlayboyzAdam
Fifth Grader

Back to top Go down

[DISCUSSION] K-fan account of Nana saying her singing career is ending Empty Re: [DISCUSSION] K-fan account of Nana saying her singing career is ending

Post by intrepid Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:30 pm

PlayboyzAdam wrote:I've been having a Twitter discussion with a Korean fan about another Korean fan's account of Nana saying her singing career is ending during the MISSHA autograph event on 17th last month.

Here's the full Twitter discussion https://twitter.com/AdamFJH/status/1002935995237466112

Some of my followers might remember near the end of 2015 I tweeted that I'll probably be jobless next year but at least I still have After School. Well at the start of 2016 I quit my job and have been pretty much jobless since then but I still have After School. Today I went to applied for a job but was finally told they've never hired me ( in the last 2 years of me continuously applying on a monthly basis) because I'm over qualified. They asked me have I thought of dumbing down my resume and I said yes I've even once removed all my awards and university qualification and accreditation to applied for a chicken packing position and they still won't hire me. I'm going through a very difficult time right (as I have for the last 2 years) but I've always been happy with the hope that After School will comeback. Right now my plan is to finish off some really big personal project and then produce some software products to start my own software company but that'll take a few years which I would be fine with (even though I I'll probably be jobless during that time) as long as After School is still there but this fan account is causing me a lot of concerns.

I wish the Korean media would get hold of this fan account and force Pledis and/or Nana to address this. I need to know whether Nana will graduate anytime soon and if she does, what would happen to After School and Orange Caramel. Right now it's not officially confirmed so please don't go jumping to conclusions.

After School has done more than enough for me to continue to love them for more than a life time no matter what happens if Nana graduated.

This wouldn’t have surprised me even if After School and Orange Caramel were still active, idol singers have a limited shelf life and very few keep going into their thirties and very few of those are still successful and Nana isn’t really a vocalist like Raina is, she’s good but not good enough to go solo. Even Son Dambi has shown no interest in singing since she started acting so I don’t see why it wouldn’t be the same for Nana.
What has to be understood is even for singers their voice is an instrument that has to be kept in tune, the longer you go without using it the harder it is to get it up to standard again, and I’ve seen no evidence that Nana is even practicing anymore.

I’ve said it before but After School is gone, I had hope “maybe” Orange Caramel might comeback if Lizzy stayed but she left, that was all the conformation I needed that even OC was gone despite Pedis’s statement to the contrary; next year is the 10-year mark for After School and will mark 6 years from when they last made a Korean comeback, 6 YEARS! If Pledis were going to add new members or make any sort of comeback it would have happened by now, I just think they are running the clock out to make the ten-year milestone and that will be it game over.

I’ve lade the evidence out before but Kaeun going on Produce 48 stating it’s her “last chance” proves to me AS is gone, she wouldn’t go into a competition that’ll take two and a half years of her life if she gets in if AS was going to start promoting again, she’s listed as an actor by Pledis so if she doesn’t get in I think she/they will use any popularity from the show to kickstart that career, and if she’s gotten centre that’s a good indicator she’ll probably make the grade, and she joined in 2012 so her contract is due next year anyway and E-young’s is due around the end of this year and I’ve already made the case she’s leaving not only AS/Pledis but Seoul and going home, Lizzy already jumped ship and looks like she’s going to make another go at acting and Raina since she re-signed(probably) will maybe release another single and depending on how well it does maybe is going to retire from the biz for good, that leaves Nana and we all know what she’ll be doing.

I take no pleasure saying these things but the 2nd generation girl groups that got me into Kpop are gone, if not in fact certainly in reality, they weren’t made to last, that’s not how they were constructed, After School was supposed to be the group that bucked the system but even they had to bow to the inevitable, I’ve waited so so long for my queens to comeback even imagining the different concepts they might do, but I’m just so weary and exhausted and stressed, every time I see any mention of the girls the first thing I think “is this the day they announce it?” I keep coming back and I don’t know why anymore, I feel like I’m punishing myself but I just can’t let go and I h8 myself for it.

I perfectly understand how you feel because when I was looking after my mum when she got dementia I had AS/OC, when she died I had AS/OC, they were a bright spot in a dark world but now the sun is setting and we have to face reality, they are going to go it's just a matter of when it’ll be announced, I just don’t know what I’ll do when it happens.
intrepid
intrepid
Second Grader

Back to top Go down

[DISCUSSION] K-fan account of Nana saying her singing career is ending Empty Re: [DISCUSSION] K-fan account of Nana saying her singing career is ending

Post by PlayboyzAdam Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:51 pm

intrepid wrote:Nana isn’t really a vocalist like Raina is, she’s good but not good enough to go solo
@intrepid You are getting 2 professions mixed up. A singer's job is only singing while an idol's is to be an entertainer with singing and onstage performances as the focus of their career. How good you are at singing has very little to do with success and going solo. It's more about popularity. Remember that Lizzy also went solo and she's not a great singer.

intrepid wrote:Even Son Dambi has shown no interest in singing since she started acting so I don’t see why it wouldn’t be the same for Nana.
Maybe it's wouldn't be the same for Nana because she likes performing and being onstage. Kaeun has already debuted as an actress but still joined Produce 48 so she can be on stage again.

intrepid wrote:I’ve said it before but After School is gone, I had hope “maybe” Orange Caramel might comeback if Lizzy stayed but she left, that was all the conformation I needed that even OC was gone despite Pedis’s statement to the contrary; next year is the 10-year mark for After School and will mark 6 years from when they last made a Korean comeback, 6 YEARS! If Pledis were going to add new members or make any sort of comeback it would have happened by now, I just think they are running the clock out to make the ten-year milestone and that will be it game over.
After School is not "gone" yet as long as there are still After School members that want to be After School members.

intrepid wrote:I’ve lade the evidence out before but Kaeun going on Produce 48 stating it’s her “last chance” proves to me AS is gone
What evidence? How hoes Kaeun putting "This is my last chance, I'm not afraid" on her Produce 48 profile prove that AS is gone?

intrepid wrote:she wouldn’t go into a competition that’ll take two and a half years of her life if she gets in if AS was going to start promoting again
I don't see why not. Maybe she plans on doing what Minhyun did.

intrepid wrote:she’s listed as an actor by Pledis so if she doesn’t get in I think she/they will use any popularity from the show to kickstart that career
Kaeun has already debuted as an actress in IDOLM@STER.KR that's why she is listed as an actress.

intrepid wrote:and if she’s gotten centre that’s a good indicator she’ll probably make the grade
True that is a good indication but anything could happen. Lee Haein initial won in votes on Idol School from the popularity she gain from Produce 101 but did make the grade in the end.

intrepid wrote:I take no pleasure saying these things but the 2nd generation girl groups that got me into Kpop are gone, if not in fact certainly in reality, they weren’t made to last, that’s not how they were constructed, After School was supposed to be the group that bucked the system but even they had to bow to the inevitable
I just check the facts and reality and After School is still here. Other groups were not made to last but remember After School was made to last and certainly to the point where one day Kahi can tell her kids that she was once the leader of the group. After School bows down to no one/nothing. Not that long ago everyone that thought Pledis had put all their female trainees into Pristin in effect leaving After School without any chance of adding anymore new talents but not long ago we learn about the existence of Yoonjin.

intrepid wrote:I’ve waited so so long for my queens to comeback even imagining the different concepts they might do, but I’m just so weary and exhausted and stressed, every time I see any mention of the girls the first thing I think “is this the day they announce it?” I keep coming back and I don’t know why anymore, I feel like I’m punishing myself but I just can’t let go and I h8 myself for it.
Yesterday I was shaken but today I'm as strong as I ever was as an After School fan. I've always prepared my mind for Nana to leave AS when she gets to 30 but any time before that I'm not ready for.

intrepid wrote:I perfectly understand how you feel because when I was looking after my mum when she got dementia I had AS/OC, when she died I had AS/OC
...I'm really sorry to hear that. Cognitive diseases like Dementia and Parkinson's scare the crap out of me. I use to talk to my sister about them a lot (even though no one in our family has it) because that's one of the crappiest ways for anyone to end up.

intrepid wrote:they were a bright spot in a dark world but now the sun is setting and we have to face reality, they are going to go it's just a matter of when it’ll be announced, I just don’t know what I’ll do when it happens
The reality I faced today is that I spent 2 hours today drivings around looking for work knowing that the probability of any of those places I applied for hiring me is 0% but I also spent that 2 hours listening to After School songs so I'm feeling pretty awesome right now. No point in worrying about something that might never happen, After School is still alive and for me at least they've done more than enough for me to remain a fan for ever. I'm going to continue to look forward to their comeback Very Happy

PlayboyzAdam
Fifth Grader

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down