After School Daze - International Fan Forum for After School
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[INTERVIEW] 140209 “IDOL TURNED ACTRESS” YOO SOYOUNG “THE ‘AFTER SCHOOL’ LABEL”, AND “WORRIES ABOUT DISTINGUISHING HERSELF FROM AS” - Trans

2 posters

Go down

[INTERVIEW] 140209 “IDOL TURNED ACTRESS” YOO SOYOUNG “THE ‘AFTER SCHOOL’ LABEL”, AND “WORRIES ABOUT DISTINGUISHING HERSELF FROM AS” - Trans Empty [INTERVIEW] 140209 “IDOL TURNED ACTRESS” YOO SOYOUNG “THE ‘AFTER SCHOOL’ LABEL”, AND “WORRIES ABOUT DISTINGUISHING HERSELF FROM AS” - Trans

Post by PlayboyzAdam Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:48 am

[INTERVIEW] 140209 “IDOL TURNED ACTRESS” YOO SOYOUNG “THE ‘AFTER SCHOOL’ LABEL”, AND “WORRIES ABOUT DISTINGUISHING HERSELF FROM AS” - Trans SY1

Idol turned actress Yoo Soyoung talks about her feelings about the After School label and worries of avoiding the group. Picture by Reporter Choi Jin Seok
We talked to Yoo Soyoung (28·Birth name Joo Soyoung), who has resumed her career in acting after a year through SBS morning drama ‘Only my love’, about being labeled ‘Ex-member of After School’.

Yoo Soyoung, in a recent interview with sportsseoul.com, said “Compared to feeling burdened by being referenced as former member of After School, I’m more worried about whether I should distinguish myself from After School, who is doing so well nowadays.” She then mentioned “It’s true that sometimes I do feel burdened. That label has stuck with me for a long time, though I’m not in the least unhappy about it and am actually thankful for it” she emphasized.

[INTERVIEW] 140209 “IDOL TURNED ACTRESS” YOO SOYOUNG “THE ‘AFTER SCHOOL’ LABEL”, AND “WORRIES ABOUT DISTINGUISHING HERSELF FROM AS” - Trans SY2

Soyoung (Second from the right) had her debut with After School in 2009 and withdrew to pursue an acting career in the same year. (Picture by sportsseoul.com
Soyoung also talked about the reason for leaving After School in 2009. “In high school and in university, I majored in drama, and I learnt ballet for 10 years. I am also interested in doing musicals.” She explained. “Somehow or another, I received a chance to debut as a singer, which helped alot in improving my dancing and singing. However, as I felt that my age would be an issue, if I stalled for a few more years, I might not be able to go into acting, so I made up my mind and changed my career track” she confessed.

“I have no regrets in leaving After School.” Soyoung said. “But it felt great to work together with Kahi in KBS2 ‘Dream High 2′ and I felt that we were always connected. Until today, I still do keep in contact with some of the After School members” she added.

[INTERVIEW] 140209 “IDOL TURNED ACTRESS” YOO SOYOUNG “THE ‘AFTER SCHOOL’ LABEL”, AND “WORRIES ABOUT DISTINGUISHING HERSELF FROM AS” - Trans SY3

Soyoung is resolved to continue working hard as an actress and strive to make a name for herself through her own merit. Picture by Reporter Choi Jin Seok
“After School is very popular overseas today, and I’m really thankful that the overseas fans recognize me because I was a former member of After School.” Soyoung expressed gratefully. “Sometimes when I go for my drama shoots, when the staff see me, they would jokingly mention ‘Oh! It’s After School!’” She laughed.

“I feel more confident in acting, not because I’m better at it but because I enjoy acting more than singing.” Stating that being an actress gives her more satisfaction. “I will continue working hard as an actress and hopefully I would someday be known, first as myself, before being mentioned to be a former member of After School.” She resoluted.

Soyoung received alot of love with After School’s debut in 2009 with ‘Ah’ and also with ‘Diva’ after that. But in October the same year, she announced her departure from the group and converted to acting. In 2011, she participated in KBS1 ‘The Women of Our Home’ and KBS2 ‘Dream High 2′ playing roles with strong personalities. In ‘Only my love’ that just started broadcasting last month, she plays the role of the hateful, yet adorable Kang Sung-A, sister of oppa Kang Sung-Jae (played by Song Jae-Hee), who makes life difficult for her sister-in-law, Sung-Jae’s wife, Ko Eun-Jung (played by Lee Min-Young).

Credit: http://news.sportsseoul.com/read/sunday/1313185.htm

Translation by AfterSchoolDaze

PlayboyzAdam
Fifth Grader

Back to top Go down

[INTERVIEW] 140209 “IDOL TURNED ACTRESS” YOO SOYOUNG “THE ‘AFTER SCHOOL’ LABEL”, AND “WORRIES ABOUT DISTINGUISHING HERSELF FROM AS” - Trans Empty Re: [INTERVIEW] 140209 “IDOL TURNED ACTRESS” YOO SOYOUNG “THE ‘AFTER SCHOOL’ LABEL”, AND “WORRIES ABOUT DISTINGUISHING HERSELF FROM AS” - Trans

Post by OKDR Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:54 am

Good interview. I wish she could do better roles though U_U she is indeed funny to watch, but her voice pitch kind of typecasts her a little.

OKDR
OKDR
First Grader

Back to top Go down