After School Daze - International Fan Forum for After School
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kahi has left Pledis and why I think this is bad.

+3
PlayboyzAdam
Rirism
intrepid
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Kahi has left Pledis and why I think this is bad. Empty Kahi has left Pledis and why I think this is bad.

Post by intrepid Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:36 pm

With the news today that Jooyeon has signed with an acting agency comes the additional information that Kahi has also left Pledis after letting her contract expire.

Kahi is not only the former leader of After School she is also one of the two founding members of Pledis with the other being Son Dambi, her leaving the agency “implies” a vote of no confidence in Pledis even if in actuality that isn’t the case; and coming on the footsteps of Jooyeon and Yoo Ara gives the impression of rats leaving a sinking ship, again only implied.

If Son Dambi who I’d imagine contract is also up, leaves, then things do look grim indeed especially when Jung ah’s contract is also probably due sometime this year.

These women all bring in money for the company with their acting CF’s and modelling and them leaving only weakens Pledis’s business and makes it harder to fund comebacks for those left.

As of now nobody who has signed with Pledis has “ever” resigned with the company and that titbit of information should have us all concerned because Uee Raina and Nana as well as Lizzy are all not that far behind Jooyeon and Kahi for when their contracts are due, perhaps less than a year and if Pledis which has so far not shown any ability to hang onto anyone as yet doesn’t get its act together we could be witnessing the first signs of After School/Orange Caramel’s demise.

intrepid
intrepid
Second Grader

Back to top Go down

Kahi has left Pledis and why I think this is bad. Empty Re: Kahi has left Pledis and why I think this is bad.

Post by Rirism Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:39 am

Of course i don't like Kahi leaving but i don't agree. Most of the idols debut in groups only to increase the chances of them of becoming actors. It could be Ara's case which left and signed with an acting company, it could be also Jooyeon's case which left after she finally had some chances of appearing on movies. I can't say it can be Kahi's case as well since she was a dancer and wanted to be an idol but i think this is the case where "old" idols(not that she looks old she is gorgeous omg) prefer acting and have an easier life than preparing for comebacks and train for months.
Why i think this is not bad? Because everyone in Pledis one day will leave but that doesn't mean they leave because Pledis doesn't have founds or all these things. In first place, if Pledis was THAT poor they would had disappeared yet they're still giving debuts and comebacks even if rarely which we are used to since they always made 1-2 comebacks an year for its groups.
By Kahi leaving they will not be forced to give her a comeback and lose other money if her comeback doesn't go well as well for Jooyeon leaving and Ara. I mean this is not a complete loss but it's not a complete win as well. They still have amazing trainees and lots of them are implied in acting and all that things which bring them money as well.
I'll be extremely sad if Dambi or Jungah or someone else leaves but that's their choices and we can't completely know the causes until they say it.
It is true Pledis is not having their time right now, after Flashback they did lost lots of money but OC did well last year and their collab with Brand New music gave them lots of money as well i mean, SEVENTEEN was on many concerts and i think that's a profit as well. We need Lizzy's solo to go well so we'll be sure someone else will comeback if we REALLY support Lizzy. We need to be united and don't think at who left since it is their choices and they weren't forced to.
Rirism
Rirism
Pre-schooler

http://rirism.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Kahi has left Pledis and why I think this is bad. Empty Re: Kahi has left Pledis and why I think this is bad.

Post by intrepid Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:40 am

Rirism wrote:Of course i don't like Kahi leaving but i don't agree. Most of the idols debut in groups only to increase the chances of them of becoming actors. It could be Ara's case which left and signed with an acting company, it could be also Jooyeon's case which left after she finally had some chances of appearing on movies. I can't say it can be Kahi's case as well since she was a dancer and wanted to be an idol but i think this is the case where "old" idols(not that she looks old she is gorgeous omg) prefer acting and have an easier life than preparing for comebacks and train for months.
Why i think this is not bad? Because everyone in Pledis one day will leave but that doesn't mean they leave because Pledis doesn't have founds or all these things. In first place, if Pledis was THAT poor they would had disappeared yet they're still giving debuts and comebacks even if rarely which we are used to since they always made 1-2 comebacks an year for its groups.
By Kahi leaving they will not be forced to give her a comeback and lose other money if her comeback doesn't go well as well for Jooyeon leaving and Ara. I mean this is not a complete loss but it's not a complete win as well. They still have amazing trainees and lots of them are implied in acting and all that things which bring them money as well.
I'll be extremely sad if Dambi or Jungah or someone else leaves but that's their choices and we can't completely know the causes until they say it.
It is true Pledis is not having their time right now, after Flashback they did lost lots of money but OC did well last year and their collab with Brand New music gave them lots of money as well i mean, SEVENTEEN was on many concerts and i think that's a profit as well. We need Lizzy's solo to go well so we'll be sure someone else will comeback if we REALLY support Lizzy. We need to be united and don't think at who left since it is their choices and they weren't forced to.

If you look at Pledis’s activities throughout 2014 you see a pattern of “safe bets” projects with little expenditure verses safe income projects, thus the comebacks were of the smallest group Orange Caramel and solo’s and the rest of Pledis’s activities focused around concerts of varying types as well TV projects for various members like Beauty Bible, Roommate, Hello Stranger and acting in plays/musicals and dramas; you would also have seen an increase in modelling and endorsements.

All these non-musical activities are good because they are also mini promotions in their own right and all point to increasing popularity of individual members but they’re also projects that bring in steady money for the agency, and as well as musical performances at events they are more of a sure bet than releasing new music which either works or it doesn’t.

To me this clearly indicates that Pledis is trying to get steady income above what you would expect from its normal operations but the cost is a lack of comebacks so it’s a win-lose situation if it goes on too long.

Depending on how good or bad Pledis’s bottom line is this situation will continue through 2015 or we’ll get more comebacks from the larger groups; either way from where I’m sitting Pledis needs to diversify to broaden its income base and acting does that but only if they can hold onto the talent in the first place which sadly Pledis can’t.

This boom bust cycle simply can’t continue because the members up next for contract renewal are simply the members Pledis can’t afford to lose because they are its top talent and money earners, and while I’m sort of resigned to loosing Uee she brings in good income from acting which can only increase if she does it full time, but the question is will she do it for Pledis because history shows she’ll probably leave taking that money and recognition and give it to another company like Jooyeon did.

While it is their choice to leave every time someone goes it hurts the company bottom line which hurts Pledis’s other acts and no amount of raw trainees can make up for the shortfall in the short term, and if Pledis is teetering on the financial precipice like I think it is then might not all these people leaving just nudge it over?
intrepid
intrepid
Second Grader

Back to top Go down

Post by PlayboyzAdam Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:32 pm

On one side, I think Kahi leaving Pledis is good. Pledis is a sinking ship, with the way things are, there's no future for her in Pledis and this is the same for the other Pledis artists. Even if Pledis did give her a comback right now it'll just end up her other solo comebacks. There's not really anything here for Kahi except failure, this fandom doesn't care about Kahi or her dreams.

On the other side, calling this "bad" is an understatement. Kahi, never really got the recognition she deserved and it doesn't look like she'll ever get the chance. When Kahi debuted with After School in 2009 she was well recognized for her dancing, charisma and talents but that  recognition was short lived when UEE joined and became more popular and After that Kahi became over shadowed continuously by other members. I was looking forward to her next comeback where we get another chance to show her the recognition and appreciation she deserved Sad My mind is too filled with hatred for this fandom for me to continue on writing these long posts....I'll just plainly list why this is "bad" that Kahi left Pledis,
1) This fandom is a bunch of back stabbing, ignorant ingrates, too stupid too recognize and appreciate Kahi's contributions to After School and so left her for dead when she needed our support the most. Now she's left Pledis, it doesn't look like this fandom will get another chance for redemption.
2) At least in Pledis, there was always the possibility that she will make a comeback. Now that she wants to leave Pledis and focus on another field, there doesn't look like there is another chance for that.
3) I like supporting Kahi in Pledis because doing so also supports After School.
4) I don't like musicals plus I don't think the musical field is an area where her full skills and talents can be shown. Pledis has done very well to show off Kahi's talents and skills.
5) Even when Kahi wasn't in After School at least she was still part of Pledis family and there was always that chance of her rejoining After School or at least participating in Happy Pledis albums and After School performances. What are the chances of that now? I remember last year she showed plenty of signs she still wanted to come back to After School and on several occasional have asked if she should comeback to After School. Nana said she'll let Kahi comeback to After School if Kahi practices Sad...I hope Kahi practices hard.
6) Now that Kahi has left Pledis, I bet I'll be seeing a lot of stupidity from fans about how much Pledis sucks. I'm too tired and busy to deal with that stupidity.

Rirism wrote:...that doesn't mean they leave because Pledis doesn't have founds or all these things. In first place, if Pledis was THAT poor they would had disappeared yet they're still giving debuts and comebacks
@Rirism, Pledis has the resources to be giving debuts and comebacks but who are these debuts and comebacks for? Consider how much acts Pledis has and then consider how much were promoted last year(Orange Caramel, NU'EST) and from what I see Raina only got here debuted because it looked like she can build from the success of AMNS. All the actions Pledis has taken suggests that Pledis isn't financially well. The matter is not whether Pledis has the resources for debuts and comebacks, the matter is whether Pledis has the resources to effectively promote their artists. Consider how many and how long some Pledis acts have been out of action for then it's very understandable why Pledis artists would want to jump this sinking ship.

Rirism wrote:It is true Pledis is not having their time right now, after Flashback they did lost lots of money but OC did well last year and their collab with Brand New music gave them lots of money as well i mean, SEVENTEEN was on many concerts and i think that's a profit as well.
@Rirism, I've read that after 2011 Pledis hasn't been making any profits, only losses. Where do people get these financial data from? I want to see if any of it is true or not. A Midsummer Night's Sweetness did very well and Catallena did OK but unfortunately, the rest of Orange Caramel, Raina and NU'EST promotions didn't to very well and that's a lot of losses. I have no idea about SEVENTEEN, can you point me to sources about how well SEVENTEEN concerts did. From what I've seen 2014 was a pretty crap year for Pledis and since 2011 Pledis( and After School) has been going downhills.

PlayboyzAdam
Fifth Grader

Back to top Go down

Post by intrepid Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:07 pm

While music is Pledis’s main business it’s obvious it’s not what keeps it afloat, even if a song makes a hundred thousand dollars after its costs are deducted and its split up between the company and the artists it wouldn’t go a long way especially if you consider there’s about three to four comebacks a year and not all are going to be successful.

The “real” money comes from Pledis’s star players which are Uee, Nana and Son DamBi who are constantly either doing television dramas, modelling, CF’s or are spokeswoman for whatever; they are in high demand and its they who are keeping Pledis afloat almost single handily, they are paying off the debt, keeping the lights on paying the bills, and while the other members help in various ways none do as much as those three ladies.

And this is why we should be very worried because while Pledis helped them become famous in their various activities it has become a double edge sword; Take Uee for example she has always been popular but in recent years has been growing more active as an actor and becoming more famous which tends to get you noticed from Pledis’s competitors, I’m quite sure Uee while mingling with other actors from other companies on filming sets was also introduced to those other actors managers and in turn I’m sure they have slipped her their card to “talk” when her contract was due, headhunting doesn’t just happen in some remote jungles it also happens in the “corporate jungle” as well! If Uee graduates Pledis still “needs” her (and so do we) to stay in the company for the large steady revenue she brings in, in many ways she is irreplaceable and the same goes for Nana because I’m sure that from modelling alone she makes more money than she does singing, and in Nana’s case she’s very popular overseas while Uee is very popular in Korea which means between the two of them they cover a lot of ground.

While I grant Kahi and Jooyeon didn’t bring in as much money they still brought it in and let’s not forget that the Dressed to Shine concert was sponsored by Maruko and probably wouldn’t have happened without their support and that was down to Jooyeon being their “face” two years in a row, these things matter so much more than people appreciate.
While I understand members will come and go in After Schools case, there is a point where things can go terribly wrong and one of those is too many members leaving at once; while I was resigned that we would lose either Uee or Jung ah I must admit I was sideswiped that Jooyeon went first and because it would seem this will only add impetus to the other two going I’m worried this could only delay a comeback. Despite Pledis’s assurances that they have plenty of time on their contracts that could mean anything from 6 weeks to 6 months and will leave no time for things to get settled.
Pledis was never a rich company and while people criticise their lack of promotions and support I personally think they do the best they can with what they have which is curtailed by a limited budget, Pledis needs to keep the graduating artists because they fund basically everything and I hope everyone understands why a Kpop group usually break up after 5-6 years is because that’s when their contracts run out and After School is in its sixth year and a whole host of contracts will be due over the course of this year, including Raina and Nana’s probably and without those two OC is dead and depending on what happens After School is too because while Lizzy is popular neither E-Young nor Kaeun have enough recognition to maintain AS’s image and no new members would be able to be popular enough quick enough to fill the enormous shoes left behind, and without the “money makers” Pledis probably couldn’t maintain what would be another “new group” anyway because without the members who bring in the money “now” Pledis will be even more hard pressed so we should all be very worried, 2014 was bad but 2015 could turn out to be devastating for us.
intrepid
intrepid
Second Grader

Back to top Go down

Post by Rirism Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:09 am

PlayboyzAdam wrote:
@Rirism, I've read that after 2011 Pledis hasn't been making any profits, only losses. Where do people get these financial data from? I want to see if any of it is true or not. A Midsummer Night's Sweetness did very well and Catallena did OK but unfortunately, the rest of Orange Caramel, Raina and NU'EST promotions didn't to very well and that's a lot of losses. I have no idea about SEVENTEEN, can you point me to sources about how well SEVENTEEN concerts did. From what I've seen 2014 was a pretty crap year for Pledis and since 2011 Pledis( and After School) has been going downhills.

I think people get that mostly from the charts and in base on how each comeback went. It isn't true, after Flashback they had a downhill but Flashback went really fine and considering it went good on charts we can say Pledis did had lots of money after Flashback.
As for SEVENTEEN, they had 5 or 6 solo concerts since 2012 and from the first they had around 50 fans and the last was about 100-150 fans so EVERY concert went really fine. How can i say it? Something from the articles some sites posted, something from the intl fans that went in Korea for their concerts and some from personal sources. They had lots of appearances in 2014 and based on what non-fans accounts said when Mingyu(the one that appeared as backdancer for AMNS) they were really interested in him and when Seventeen appeared with LadyTeens on OC's performances they left a really good impact on koreans and fans around the world. They also performed on 3 concerts of Brand New and some of them are models and some even create their own lyrics etc. Pledis is taking its time to debut them because they're getting rid of the non-necessary members to debut a band full of popular members that's why around 4 members left already. No big loss maybe only Doyoon that was a really good actor but they warned us about it so we can't complain. Anyway i can say Seventeen will do just like Nu'Est did when they debut because they're interesting and each one of them have their qualities and have lots of supports from korean and intl fans.
Rirism
Rirism
Pre-schooler

Back to top Go down

Post by intrepid Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:45 pm

I looked at the download charts for 2012 and 2013 to see how Flashback did compared to First Love and it did much better.

1st week 202,940 – 141,969
2nd week 160,935 – 151,425
3rd week 136,243 – 92,549
4th week 114,123 – 58,378
5th week 89,418 – 39,326
6th week 75,040 – 27,470
7th week 62,822 – 22,938
8th week 47, 561 – 18,767

You can see by the second week First Love had an increase which only put it 10,000 downloads behind Flashback but afterwards it dropped off faster than Flashback.

I looked at the digital download data by year and only Because of You showed up with 1,514,728 in 2010, Orange Caramel Magic Girl did 1,488,907 the same year.
Shanghai Romance did 1,642,257 in 2011 Lipstick did 1,713,196 in 2012; just to put Lipstick in perspective that was just behind SHINee’s Sherlock 1,720,124 and better than MBLAQ’s War’s, G.NA’s 2HOT, T-Ara’s Sexy Love, KARA’s Pandora and Secret’s Poison.

2013 was a wash; no data in the top 100 for digital downloads.

2014 A Midsummer Night’s Sweetness did 1,537,798 which worked out well for both San E and Raina and Catallena did 1,011,735 which was down on previous songs but to again put it in perspective still better than 4Minute’s What are you Doing Today, Ga In’s Fxxk U, A Pink’s LUV, Block B’s Jackpot, Hyosung’s Good-night Kiss, Sistar’s I Swear, Rain’s LA SONG, Sunmi’s Full Moon, Ailee’s Don’t Touch and the really surprising one Girl’s Generation’s Mr.Mr which got 906,962! 2014 was a bad year overall but OC did very well against groups and singers who are top tier in the digital download arena.

My Copycat did fairly well with 103,642 in its first week which was just above KARA’s comeback with Mamma Mia, unfortunately it didn’t have KARA’s staying power and dropped 5 places to KARA’S 1 in the second week with 56,095 downloads, 39,391 by the third, 25,783 in the fourth week, 19,682 by the fifth week and 13,783 in the sixth; not a good result but still a respectable 258,376 in total.

What the data shows is that Orange Caramel is by far more profitable than After School by a good measure, at least in Korea, and when you consider the profit split between 3 members and the company compared to 8 and the company then from Pledis’s standpoint Orange Caramel is its most popular music act, and its why I think if Jooyeon isn’t replaced then when Jung ah and Uee graduate Pledis might just disband After School altogether and just keep Orange Caramel because it has too many acts at the moment with a lot riding on 17’s debut and little money to spare.
intrepid
intrepid
Second Grader

Back to top Go down

Post by Rirism Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:13 am

Yes but yet After School is bringing more money even without a comeback while Orange Caramel did well because of its original concept but After School will and do bring more money anyway considering the individual acts and their shows. One in Pledis that doesn't kinda bring money anymore is Dambi but that's because she didn't had a comeback in more than an year. Anyway i don't think Pledis can disband them. They stuck with them for 6 years and even when they weren't that popular they fought for them. If Seventeen debuts they can become popular but that'll mean more work and After School will be needed since Seventeen are a large band and there are lots of chances they won't go well.
Rirism
Rirism
Pre-schooler

Back to top Go down

Post by intrepid Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:07 am

Rirism wrote:Yes but yet After School is bringing more money even without a comeback while Orange Caramel did well because of its original concept but After School will and do bring more money anyway considering the individual acts and their shows. One in Pledis that doesn't kinda bring money anymore is Dambi but that's because she didn't had a comeback in more than an year. Anyway i don't think Pledis can disband them. They stuck with them for 6 years and even when they weren't that popular they fought for them. If Seventeen debuts they can become popular but that'll mean more work and After School will be needed since Seventeen are a large band and there are lots of chances they won't go well.

In just music Orange Caramel are the money earners and Because of you was the only time that AS sold more than OC and that difference was not that great but from then onwards it’s OC all the way and most likely the reason we had only OC comebacks last year and not AS.
And yes AS individual members do bring in money doing various things except the OC girls do too especially Nana who is the busiest of all AS members. Now that Jooyeon is gone AS loses her income which leaves Uee to be the main non-singing money earner.

Son Dambi actually does bring in money and I’ve already stated she is helping keeping Pledis going because she’s acting constantly and doing CF’s and such, her not singing is actually a good thing because it means Pledis doesn’t have to expend money on her just reap it in; and that’s the reason why it would have been better if they had managed to keep Jooyeon and Kahi.
Just remember no matter how much Pledis has stuck by AS at the end of the day it is a business and as such has to show a profit or die, if trying to rebuild AS costs more than disbanding it be sure they “will” disband them!
I don’t “know” if they will or not it just depends how well AS next comeback is and overall how much AS brings in from all its activities at home and overseas, but like I’ve also stated above a lot of contracts must be coming due which will affect whether AS survives or dies because if too many go too close together AS might not survive the disruption.
intrepid
intrepid
Second Grader

Back to top Go down

Post by JungAh_Fan Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:39 am

Previously, Kahi and Pledis Entertainment revealed that her contract with the agency was coming to a close and she would be departing on amiable terms.  Now, as her contract ends, Pledis Entertainment stepped up once again to say their thoughtful farewell.

The agency said, "This week, Kahi's 10-year exclusive contract with Pledis will end.  Kahi, who is an artist under the head office, has come to say a beautiful farewell to Pledis Entertainment, which she had become fond of over the last ten years.  Meeting great success after debuting in After School and going solo, Kahi has become able to take on a new challenge and beginning with the end of her contract with Pledis Entertainment.

Pledis highly acknowledges the boundless energy of and possibilities for Kahi, who recently expanded her domain of activities to even performing in musicals; Pledis believes and is confident that she will become an even more matured entertainer in the future.  As we go our separate ways and remain as supportive friends, Pledis will support Kahi.

Source:
AllKpop
[ http://www.allkpop.com/article/2015/01/pledis-entertainment-relay-their-hopes-and-well-wishes-for-kahi-as-her-contract-comes-to-an-end ]

Edit: 10 years exclusive contract sounds scary.
JungAh_Fan
JungAh_Fan
Pre-schooler

Back to top Go down

Post by albeitalways Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:02 am

Oh boy. OP took the words out of my mouth.

So, so many things are standing in balance right now for Pledis and After School to make it.

2014 is a really bad year in terms of progress and growth for their established idol groups.

They parted ways with Fantagio and lost Hello Venus. Yoo Ara didn't renew her contract and left the company as a result. Nu'est flopped so badly on the charts.

After School didn't do anything in the Korean front and the DtK album sold less than a measly 5k. They've stagnated so much in Korea and they're not doing very well in Japan either if we're going by their latest release.

The fact that Avex did so much more for After School in 2014 is seriously alarming in itself.

At this point, their only lifeline right now is Avex. Pledis seems more invested with Seventeen's debut than any comeback with After School.

I can't blame Pledis if they don't want to risk anything last year. 2013 wasn't also great for them. First Love was the lowest-selling release from After School so far, after all the money and effort they've invested in it.

I was hoping this year would be better but I'm not going to raise my hopes up. Jooyeon, Kahi and one of their mangers left the company before the first month ended. Lizzy's single isn't doing so great. And Pledis is entirely dependent on public reception for their music to do well, they have no solid fanbases in Korea for support.

If Avex does not renew their contract this year (which is honestly likely), I'm afraid they're really done for. Their only hope lies in their Chinese promotions, but I'm not expecting so much out of it. They are not going to profit from their music alone if they're really serious working the Chinese market. Unlike in J-pop, the only way they'll make money is from endorsements and it seems like it's only Nana getting all the spotlight. That's good for her, but what about the rest of the group? I can see Yuehwa doing their job, but it seems like they're only successful with Nana so far.

And I don't trust anything from what Pledis says so far regarding the girls' contracts. Jooyeon's recent graduation was a stellar example of how untrustworthy their PR can be. They claimed that they were still in discussion with her when Jooyeon already beat them to the punch and announced it herself that she was leaving, period.

3/4s of the group are due to have their contracts expired this year. If Avex drops them, I have no idea how Pledis can cope with the group anymore. They still have their contract with Yuehwa but as we've seen in Juyeon's case, the girls can definitely drop out of the group even if they still have existing contracts outside Korea.

I don't like to be pessimistic, but as fans, we have to acknowledge what's happening. And what's happening is really making me worried.
albeitalways
albeitalways
Maknae

Back to top Go down

Post by Rirism Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:54 am

I'm seriously done with everything right now. Not with Pledis but with the fans. I know they're not doing well! But man, DAMN IT I AM SICK OF SEEING FANS COMPLAINING THEN GO ON WITH THEIR LIVES. If After School was THAT important to you why are you not present on twitter? why don't you participate on projects and why don't you show support?

I know NOT EVERYONE HAS THE TIME TO DO THAT BUT THEN YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO DON'T HAVE THE TIME TO COMPLAIN AS WELL. I am a pessimistic person but with Pledis and After School and Pledis Stans in general i've always been respectful and tried to make them see the good part of everything but this is not working so i'm just going to be mean.

After School is not doing well because fans abandoned them ok? NU'EST though may have not did well with Good Bye Bye but WINNING A TROPHY ON MUSIC SHOWS IS NOT THE ONLY WAY OF GETTING A PROFIT MAN! THEY DID AN EUROPEAN AND LATIN AMERICAN TOUR AND THEY'RE ABOUT TO DO SOMETHING ELSE RIGHT NOW AS WELL AND GUESS WHICH GROUP ON MYMUSICTASTE WAS THE 1ST???? NU'EST! And LOVES ARE MORE DAMN SUPPORTIVE THAN PLAYGIRLZ ARE AND THEY CAN ACHIEVE LOTS OF THINGS IF THEY UNITE!

Meanwhile Playgirlz/boyz can only do small things and WE ARE THE ONES RESPONSIBLE NOT PLEDIS BECAUSE THEY CAN'T BUY THEIR OWN ALBUMS, TWEET AND VOTE FOR THEMSELVES ALONE. Yes their management may not be the best but what do you want? To lose all their founds? Well ok i would like to see how each of you'd manage Pledis if you were its CEO!

Doesn't it feel bad when people laugh in our face because we can't even accomplish little things such as idk trend stuff on twitter! I saw what we can do but unfortunately we can do that only for 1 day then forget about it like, yeah we tried back to normal life. This is so disturbing guys! I did all my best to make fun things such of that "unification" thing that no one eve gave a damn about and yet i only see people complaining.

Can you forget about what Pledis did in 2013-2014 like seriously it's the beginning of 2015 and you're already having bad thoughts well ok do what you want but complaining won't get you nothing. Yes these are true things! But stop it. Go and try to make something productive and DON'T THINK PLEDIS HAD A BAD YEAR! In 2013 they did lost some money but seeing the achievements of OC and AMNS in 2014 they did gained something and sincerely saying they're saving money for Seventeen is in part wrong as they're still needing to decide their debut song and stuff and they're on hiatus right now and if they didn't had money until now then they were fucked up since the Seventeen project started. Since they argued with Fantagio they may had lost the trainees they wanted to include in the group(i-teen basically) and that's why they're taking forever to debut but oh whatever what i say is wrong right? Because anyway it's Pledis' fault of their current situation and anyway complaining is better than doing something to make a change.
Rirism
Rirism
Pre-schooler

Back to top Go down

Post by albeitalways Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:47 pm

Sure, go take it out to your fellow fans on Pledis's dismal state of affairs. I mean, it's not like we run the company and we have a say in everything right? Rolling Eyes Like how you know, a few smattering of international fans can actually bulk buy albums and make them win in the Korean turf right?

We can do all the social media promotions that we want to on Twitter and run that voter a hundred thousand times in a day, but if the Korean fandom and public doesn't care, it doesn't matter. If we vote a bajillion times for Lizzy but her digital sales haven't even passed the 10k mark, do you think she can win?

International fans can only do this much. Why do you think K-pop companies cater so much to the Korean fandom? Because this is their HOMEBASE. Their next priority are the Japanese fans because they bring in so much more of the money. International fans are next to nothing unless they're doing tours.

We can make them win on voting, why not? But for digital downloads? If the Korean public doesn't care, the song will bomb on the Gaon charts. For physical sales? If the Korean fandom doesn't care, they can never sell beyond that 20k mark. If only Pledis has the money and the connections, I don't mind them if they start doing sajaegi.

intrepid has explained this many times. Making money on digital/physical sales alone is not enough to keep the company afloat, especially if sales have been pretty mediocre for most of their releases. So why does it matter for K-pop groups to win on music programs?

Because of the RELEVANCE that follows and the CFs/endorsements they bring. So far, Orange Caramel is their only established act that can bring in the endorsements without having to win. Their public popularity is enough. Apart from their actresses--UEE and Son Dambi.

And ignoring what happened in the past and blindly trusting what will happen in the future is just setting up yourself for future disappointment. Can I just simply move on and ignore the fact that Jooyeon and Kahi LEFT Pledis already? That the fact that all the people who have left Pledis so far (Yoo Ara, Soyoung, Jooyeon and Kahi) did not renew their contract sets already a worrying trend that the other people whose contracts are set to expire this year will NOT renew as well.

Can I just simply IGNORE that Jungah, UEE, Raina and Nana have their contracts set to expire THIS YEAR? At the end of the day, these people are working. They can't live off on fan support forever. And if you're working, you want compensation for your time and effort. You want better opportunities. That's why they signed up as idols in the first place. As much as it's heartbreaking, I can't blame them if none of these girls renew their contracts and move on to better avenues for them.

Of course we all want the company to do well. But thinking the entire fandom is just lazy and stupid because the artist isn't doing so well is just also dumb. Fan support CANNOT compensate for bad managing strategy alone.

I almost wish Pledis to take Fantagio's route with Hello Venus. Cheap comebacks are better than having ZERO comebacks at all. It's hilariously tragic that Wiggle Wiggle's first week sales is HIGHER than Lizzy's solo debut. Considering how much better and more expensive Lizzy's MV is than Wiggle Wiggle's budget for their entire promo cycle.

But that's not the After School I fell in love with and continue to support. At the same time, I can't ignore their plight. They need all the exposure they can get right now to survive.

Asking fans to unite is a good idea, but berating fans as being stupid and lazy to support their idols is just dividing the fandom more than you think. It's like practically saying that you're not a real fan because you did not so-and-so! And frankly, this kind of attitude will turn off any of the newer fans.

Bottom line: If Pledis cannot fix their affairs this year, not even the fans can save them.
albeitalways
albeitalways
Maknae

Back to top Go down

Post by Rirism Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:48 pm

I didn't meant to say fans are stupid and lazy but seriously most of them are. If you go on several forums you can see them complaining about how AS didn't got a comeback and bash on these who had one such as Lizzy,Raina,OC etc. As i already said i didn't meant to be mean to anyone but i have my limits and i just touched them. I know everything about the sales etc but to say it frankly korean fans seem more supportive than intl ones and that's why i started this in first place.

Maybe there aren't lots of them on social network we know so we can't see korean fans help too but they're the ones buying meals to the girls,making fan chants and boards and making projects for the girls such as donating food, drinks etc.
What i meant anyway is that even if i try to be supportive and help fans and be a nice person with everyone, it guides to nothing. Even making that post didn't helped at all and the fact there's no way of motivate some of them is sad. We all want to make big things but end doing little things and not helping at all that's what i meant. I just want this fandom to be more motivate but i don't think shoving in their face the fact Pledis is failing and people are leaving is a good way of doing it since we can give up really easily. What about saying that if we try to show more support to the current Pledis comebacks this year we'll achieve more?

Yes we should not forgot about the ones that left but they never said they left because of poor management etc. They all left to pursue another career and that's what i meant in my first posts.
Rirism
Rirism
Pre-schooler

Back to top Go down

Post by intrepid Wed May 20, 2015 7:05 pm

Well Kahi has signed with another company BONBOO Entertainment who according to their profile page is primarily an events manager for tours inside and outside of Korea; they have organised tours for the likes of 2PM, Lena Park and IU as well as sporting tours for athletes, they would be the company that books and organises the venues and sorts out all the fine details that goes with doing so like rental costs, insurance probably and the like for other companies. They also represent sporting athletes, models, actors and now Kahi.

Kahi also has got a part in another musical “Cinderella” as well as modelling jobs which is all well and fine but nothing she wasn’t already getting while under Pledis; and the downside of her new agency is that it isn’t an agency that does music which means for those of us waiting for a new album from Kahi, well that seems unlikely to happen now; that’s not to say they couldn’t represent her to a music company to produce the music for her but I get the impression they probably wouldn’t do so unless Kahi herself was funding it because they don’t seem like the sort of company that invests money in its artists like that and just merely represents them. Crying or Very sad

Some good news is that my guestimate about contract renewal time seems to have been spot on and I’m very pleased everyone re-signed Very Happy which is a first for Pledis and a huge relief but we still don’t know the contract lengths but my guess would be the standard 5 years for Raina, Nana and Lizzy and “maybe” Uee but for Jungah it’s probably a limited contract renewal.

The reason I think Jungah contract is limited is based on her age and some recent news in her life; she is going to be 32 this year and I somehow doubt she wants to be doing this when she’s 37 but I’d be happy if did stay for that long, however other news concerning her seems to indicate to me she is planning her end game for her life as an idol. I have written before that other than singing Jungah doesn’t really do anything else in the idol field other than a little TV and modelling, and the emphasis is on the word “little,” because of that my assumption for her continuance with After School would depend if she got engaged to someone because being that she is in her 30’s she probably would be only in a “serious” relationship at that age and once married starting a family is the next step which leaves little room for being in a group.

The recent revelation that she is probably dating which as far as I know hasn’t been refuted could be the glimpse of that future, and she wouldn’t want to be tied up for the next five years if her boyfriend pops the question or is intending to, but even if that isn’t the case the news she’s opening her own business THEJUNG does indeed tell us what she will be doing after she finishes singing. And as someone who has been involved with small business all my working life can attest it takes a crapload of time to start up a business and get it going, and given most new small businesses fail in their first year it isn’t something you can remote control you “have” to be there on top of things; unless she has someone she trusts managing things which so far doesn’t seem to be the case all the evidence is she’s herself is setting it up. This would on my evaluation mean that most likely Jungah probably only signed for one more comeback before graduating so I see her departing at the end of this year or in exactly one years’ time, I hope I’m wrong but I’d bet money on it.

That leaves Uee because I’ve said before if her acting career starts getting busy then she likely have to choose and this year is turning out to be extremely busy for her, and she’s at the age that if she wants to act full time now’s the perfect time for her to do so and her busy acting schedule will only interfere with After Schools schedule if they overlap; this doesn’t mean she “couldn’t” do both but considering she’s only a sub vocalist and that side of her career is winding down and her acting career is heating up is seems like a duh decision to me. This is why I’m not sure is she went for the standard contract or if she went for a limited return one like I believe Jungah did, either way I think her graduation is more likely to happen than not and if it’s like Jungah’s then they might even graduate together.

If Jungah does graduate but Uee doesn’t and she becomes After School’s new leader then I think she may stay for another couple of years, but if the leadership passes over her to say Raina then even if she doesn’t graduate at a similar time as Jungah that would be an important indicator she isn’t far off doing so.

The comeback later this year is a pivotal one because of what I think is going to happen, so if they debut one or two new members then I believe After School is going to go on but if they comeback as a seven member group then be prepared for some very bad news. pale
intrepid
intrepid
Second Grader

Back to top Go down

Post by intrepid Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:31 am

The news that Son Dambi’s contract was coming to a close last month was no surprise but the added news that she was being given offers from other companies is something I was worried about because I’m willing to bet they were companies much larger than Pledis with the sort of connections Pledis doesn’t have, and given some of her recent tweets most notably the one of a crying eye I had the feeling she had already made her decision to leave.
Today the news is she has left Pledis. Sad

She is the one that made Pledis possible and along with Kahi helped to create something awesome for all of us fans, and while I’m not really into her music I had hoped she would continue to be part of the Pledis family, but sadly she has joined the now growing group of the recently departed, Yoo Ara, Jooyeon and Kahi, and makes her the 4th person in six months and if Yoonjo goes or has gone, possibly the 5th.

I have stated repeatedly that it’s important for her and the others to stay because of the income they bring and I found an example of what that is; in 2011 she brought in $420,000 USD from one modelling contract with Enprani and if you follow her at all you would know she does a lot of modelling! Also add in the income from acting means she’s is a good money earner for Pledis, or was, and it’s hardly surprising other companies would want in on that sort of action.

In the next few days or maybe a week I expect we’ll find out who out bided Pledis for her contract but I’m willing to bet it’s a large acting/modelling company and it really just adds to my argument that Pledis needs to put the time and effort in becoming a company that is more than about music with a little acting on the side, because if it doesn’t the talent drain to the opposition will only continue.
intrepid
intrepid
Second Grader

Back to top Go down

Post by intrepid Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:50 pm

Well that was quick! To update my above post Dambi has signed with KeyEast which has around thirty actors on its roster including Park Soo Jin who is Lizzy’s co-host on Tasty Road, so a large company and one that has been growing rapidly through mergers and takeovers in Korea, Japan and China, it also dabbles in music with Music K Entertainment as a subsidiary which is home of The Ark who recently debut with ‘The Light’ about a month ago so that gives Dambi some options if she wants to continue with music but my feeling is she is going to stick with acting/modelling.
intrepid
intrepid
Second Grader

Back to top Go down

Post by PlayboyzAdam Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:37 pm

The is not Pledis' year Sad

PlayboyzAdam
Fifth Grader

Back to top Go down

Post by Babbitkpop Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:03 pm

I haven't been active here but I have been checking the official page for news and updates but it saddens me to return to this forum with the news that my Queen Son Dam Bi has left Pledis. It hurts, it hurts a lot actually to the point of tears. She was the one who got me into Kpop with Bad Boy and I love love love her a lot I dare say more than my After School girls. When I heard that Kahi left I prayed that Son Dam Bi wasn't going to do the same but in my heart I knew she was going to leave. I am not sure if I should be worried with Pledis I hope Seventeen will be a success, I just bought their mini album so hopefully it helps a bit and hopefully we get a AS comeback. With my Queen gone Pledis seems empty to me now it feels weird and I'm sad that Kahi and my Queen those who made Pledis are not there anymore it raises questions and I don't know if Pledis changed for the better or worse or if individuals changed as time went on. I will still stan Pledis and give my undying support and love to those under them and of course my Queen Son Dam Bi wherever she is and goes. I really hope that she comes back musically. I love her acting but her singing was what made me fall in love with her. The same goes with Kahi. Gosh has Pledis made me happy with Seventeen's debut but sad with my Queen's departure along with Kahi and Jupal. Sad
Babbitkpop
Babbitkpop
First Grader

Back to top Go down

Post by PlayboyzAdam Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:06 pm

Babbitkpop wrote:I don't know if Pledis changed for the better or worse or if individuals changed as time went on.
@Babbitkpop, I think Pledis changed for the worst, although worst or not, I'll still continue to support Pledis and After School. As long as After School is still in Pledis, Pledis doesn't feel empty to me.

PlayboyzAdam
Fifth Grader

Back to top Go down

Post by PlayboyzAdam Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:22 am

This is a really sad thread so I never thought I'll post anything happy here but here it is. Bekah says she'll return to us after her extended hiatus from After School Very Happy
Kahi has left Pledis and why I think this is bad. Bekah_10
cheers this is the best news I've had all year. Now I'm hoping Kahi will reply with the same answer but I'll still love Kahi 4 ever no matter what Very Happy

PlayboyzAdam
Fifth Grader

Back to top Go down

Post by intrepid Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:09 pm

PlayboyzAdam wrote:
Babbitkpop wrote:I don't know if Pledis changed for the better or worse or if individuals changed as time went on.
@Babbitkpop, I think Pledis changed for the worst, although worst or not, I'll still continue to support Pledis and After School. As long as After School is still in Pledis, Pledis doesn't feel empty to me.

When I started this discussion I thought things were looking grim but at the moment after reviewing everything I think Pledis is doing better than I thought because everyone still in Pledis is very busy at the moment which is good, but I’m still worried for After Schools future and I feel the mass exodus of talent something that Pledis should have been on top of before it happened, or maybe they were and despite their best efforts couldn’t convince the people leaving to stay but while I can understand the choices those artists made for their careers the one I’m most perplex with is Kahi, because her choice seems to be a step down in representation than a step up for her career, her new company if I understand its business model properly would seem to offer less opportunities than Pledis and she isn’t doing anything so far she couldn’t have done under Pledis.
intrepid
intrepid
Second Grader

Back to top Go down

Post by intrepid Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:27 pm

I have read a recent rumour that Kahi may be making a comeback to music which was fuelled by a recent post on Instagram by Kahi in which she says she’s in Hong Kong filming a MV.

After looking into it as much as I can I discovered she isn’t doing a MV for herself but filming a part in someone else’s MV; I got this impression after going though the timeline of the guy she’s working with Instagram photos, his name is Andrew Clifford Pong and on February 15 photo shows him in a recording studio. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=862325587159822&set=a.102065539852501.2846.100001471650702&type=1&theater

and on June 23rd there’s this post by Francis Cheng on his Instagram. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153506927574073&set=p.10153506927574073&type=1&theater
“How can I not do interview with my ex intern Andrew Pong and Mom Sharon Pong! For Oriental Sunday coming up, all the best to his K Pop Career!”

And on Sharon Kwok’s Instagram there’s this photo which references this is his MV. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153530419885962&set=a.10151209772675962.519239.553795961&type=1&theater

Following that up I checked Raymond Man’s Instagram which shows the same photo in full; I believe that is Kahi. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10205872340640552&set=pcb.10205872351920834&type=1&theater
intrepid
intrepid
Second Grader

Back to top Go down

Post by PlayboyzAdam Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:48 am

intrepid wrote:After looking into it as much as I can I discovered she isn’t doing a MV for herself...
@intrepid, Sad

PlayboyzAdam
Fifth Grader

Back to top Go down

Post by intrepid Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:58 am

PlayboyzAdam wrote:
intrepid wrote:After looking into it as much as I can I discovered she isn’t doing a MV for herself...
@intrepid, Sad

I know how you feel, but she still looks great so I’ll include a bonus photo/link.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10205872349840782&set=pcb.10205872351920834&type=1&theater

The only music I can find her doing (other than the mask singer thing) is her contributing to Chae Yeon song Runway. (audio only)

intrepid
intrepid
Second Grader

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next