After School Daze - International Fan Forum for After School
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[INFO] Playgirlz Voter - Automated After School Voting and Support System

+23
Everton Roberto
rayane__AS
littletommy95
Don Pasqui
Babbitkpop
_880720
MinKook
Ouytsu
Menketi
Rirism
PlayboyzAdam
SwePlaygirl
JungAh_Fan
intrepid
Fiemuzz
junghi4ever
apsiroo
sungleebin
iloveAfterschool
iAMaPlaygirlz
BNani
captainsprunchz
Gokoulssj
27 posters

Page 22 of 27 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 27  Next

Go down

[INFO] Playgirlz Voter - Automated After School Voting and Support System - Page 22 Empty Re: [INFO] Playgirlz Voter - Automated After School Voting and Support System

Post by JungAh_Fan Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:55 am

SwePlaygirl wrote:
Laughing oh wow, sorry! I honestly thought her promotions were ending because I have been expecting it and not keept up with the news. You did not spel anything wrong, I just got a whole other meaning from what you said.

I really hope Goodbye PMS will get a full-scale promotion, based of the teaser it looks like it. I think that song might get more love and make Not An Easy Girl back on the ichart. Not to mention we would have another go at helping Lizzy. After that I am expecting the project girl group to release their song. Anyways what I really want is Goodbye PMS to start promotions because right now it feels like we are going pretty much nowhere with our progress.

Well, I'm not following all the news either. I've been only following Jung Ah (and it's easy to know why lol) and since she's not promoting right now, it makes the job a lot easier. At least for me. And I never thought the fact of seeing your bias not promoting would have a good side. lol

I want to see how Goodbye PMS does too. There was an article earlier this week where Lizzy was saying how she's getting a lot of h a t e from netizen. This fact makes our job harder. A LOT harder. Embarassed
JungAh_Fan
JungAh_Fan
Pre-schooler

Back to top Go down

[INFO] Playgirlz Voter - Automated After School Voting and Support System - Page 22 Empty Re: [INFO] Playgirlz Voter - Automated After School Voting and Support System

Post by intrepid Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:13 am

JungAh_Fan wrote:
No, guys, please, calm down. lol

When I said "one more week" I wanted to say this is a brand new week for us to help Lizzy win on Show Champion. Not that her promotion are already ending. lol Sorry about the midspelling.

What I do want though is if she's going to continue promoting I'm not an easy girl or if she's going to start promoting Goodbye PMS with Park Myung.  Cool

Most promotions last 4 weeks usually so this is probably the last week for Lizzy but it looks like PMS will start right after because they have just released the teaser and they usually do that a week before.
Along with the project girl group looks like Lizzy is going to be busy.
intrepid
intrepid
Second Grader

Back to top Go down

Post by PlayboyzAdam Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:13 pm

SwePlaygirl wrote:I hope you found some of this useful.
@SwePlaygirl, thanks for the update and yes I am still interested in Ara news.

SwePlaygirl wrote:I have no idea why people are giving up so easily
@SwePlaygirl, that is just how this fandom is. I wonder how many die-hard Playgirlz/Playboyz are really out there....I'm guessing not many.

SwePlaygirl wrote:Not really sure how we are going to get fans to use it unless AS confirms a comeback tomorrow, which we know won't happen.
@SwePlaygirl, I would try to sell it to them as a way to prepare for AS comeback and if we prepare enough we can guarantee as wins awards...although honestly I don't think this fandom really cares about After School's success...or whether they win any awards or not.

SwePlaygirl wrote:....and make Not An Easy Girl back on the ichart
@SwePlaygirl, Lizzy isn't charting on ichart?....I don't think she has any chance of winning anything if that is the case. Have you guys been keeping track of the Gaon charts. How is Lizzy looking in the digital download chart and the streaming charts?

SwePlaygirl wrote:After that I am expecting the project girl group to release their song.
@SwePlaygirl, Are you talking about Lizzy's group on Hit Maker? I haven't seen that show yet. I want to catch up with After School news on ASDaze first.

SwePlaygirl wrote:The only other way I can think of is using it for all the Pledis artists which you are against and I understand why.
@SwePlaygirl, also keep in mind that since the idea of the Playgirlz Voter was conceived, I've spent the first 2 to 3 weeks of every promotion in self exile to work on the Playgirlz Voter....OK, now I'm officially on Playgirlz Voter strike...sort of(if something really important comes up strike off). Working on the Playgirlz Voter takes a lot out of me and I honestly don't have the strength to be using it for help any one else except After School...for now. There is a reason(very good) one, to why I've put the "Pledis Family Bias" field in the Playgirlz Voter user profile setup.

SwePlaygirl wrote:By the way... should we use some of the voter features for the Hitmaker project?
@SwePlaygirl, Hit Maker will have the full support of the Playgirlz Voter.

SwePlaygirl wrote:...I have no clue on how that works but watching the MV and doing Naver searches can't hurt right? Will the song be promoted and eligible for music show wins?
@SwePlaygirl, I have no idea too. I've never seen hit maker before. But since Lizzy is in it, we'll be there to cheer for her.

JungAh_Fan wrote:No, guys, please, calm down. lol

When I said "one more week" I wanted to say this is a brand new week for us to help Lizzy win on Show Champion. Not that her promotion are already ending. lol Sorry about the midspelling.
@JungAh_Fan, Oh, OK that's for clearing that Very Happy

Guys, if you are still using a version of the Playgirlz Voter that is below Playgirlz Voter beta 2.0.0( for example, Playgirlz Voter beta 1.9.93), please delete your Playgirlz Voter installation and download the Playgirlz Voter again. If the newly downloaded version doesn't automatically update to the latest version please let me know because that is a pretty big problem.

PlayboyzAdam
Fifth Grader

Back to top Go down

Post by intrepid Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:16 pm

Gaon chart update 1/2 – 7/2

Lizzy has gone down in the download chart to #69 with 15,978 downloads and down 50 places. Sad

In the digital chart she is #79 down 41 places. Crying or Very sad

She is no longer in the streaming charts.

Last edited by intrepid on Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
intrepid
intrepid
Second Grader

Back to top Go down

Post by PlayboyzAdam Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:32 pm

intrepid wrote:Lizzy has gone down in the download chart to #69 with 15,978 downloads and down 50 places. Sad
@intrepid, those are some very bad looking numbers...I'll take a look at the Gaon charts later after I've caught up with After School news.

intrepid wrote:In the digital chart she is #79 down 41 places.
@intrepid, I wonder how she is doing on streaming chart. I think most Korean fan would be streaming her song assuming they want to help her win awards.

If someone(anyone) has the time. Can you please spam the fandom and tell fans that have an iPhone to buy a MelOn streaming pass to help Lizzy out on the charts and stream her song everyday(not sure how much per day counts towards the charts).

PlayboyzAdam
Fifth Grader

Back to top Go down

Post by intrepid Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:18 pm

PlayboyzAdam wrote:
intrepid wrote:Lizzy has gone down in the download chart to #69 with 15,978 downloads and down 50 places. Sad
@intrepid, those are some very bad looking numbers...I'll take a look at the Gaon charts later after I've caught up with After School news.

intrepid wrote:In the digital chart she is #79 down 41 places.
@intrepid, I wonder how she is doing on streaming chart. I think most Korean fan would be streaming her song assuming they want to help her win awards.

If someone(anyone) has the time. Can you please spam the fandom and tell fans that have an iPhone to buy a MelOn streaming pass to help Lizzy out on the charts and stream her song everyday(not sure how much per day counts towards the charts).

I made a mistake saying she isn’t any longer in the social chart, that’s not true, I meant to say she’s no longer in the streaming chart.

In the Gaon social chart she’s…

#54 down 27 positions 6,676 (same list OC Catallena is #51 up 1 position 6,921)
intrepid
intrepid
Second Grader

Back to top Go down

Post by SwePlaygirl Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:27 pm

PlayboyzAdam wrote:@SwePlaygirl, that is just how this fandom is. I wonder how many die-hard Playgirlz/Playboyz are really out there....I'm guessing not many.
I am starting to fear this too... I hope NU'EST and Seventeen have more of those because if not then I predict bad things for them and if Pledis really will push them first and they lose money I hope it won't affect AS.

PlayboyzAdam wrote: @SwePlaygirl, I would try to sell it to them as a way to prepare for AS comeback and if we prepare enough we can guarantee as wins awards...although honestly I don't think this fandom really cares about After School's success...or whether they win any awards or not.
So far it does not seem like they care much about the awards so I guess the sales are what we really have to hope for.

PlayboyzAdam wrote: @SwePlaygirl, Lizzy isn't charting on ichart?....I don't think she has any chance of winning anything if that is the case. Have you guys been keeping track of the Gaon charts. How is Lizzy looking in the digital download chart and the streaming charts?
She was not on the ichart yesterday and she is not there today either. I think the day we helped her the mot have long passed by now.

PlayboyzAdam wrote: @SwePlaygirl, also keep in mind that since the idea of the Playgirlz Voter was conceived, I've spent the first 2 to 3 weeks of every promotion in self exile to work on the Playgirlz Voter....OK, now I'm officially on Playgirlz Voter strike...sort of(if something really important comes up strike off). Working on the Playgirlz Voter takes a lot out of me and I honestly don't have the strength to be using it for help any one else except After School...for now. There is a reason(very good) one, to why I've put the "Pledis Family Bias" field in the Playgirlz Voter user profile setup.

In an ideal world I would want you to have at least one more hardcore Pledis fan that could help you. That way you could split tasks when it comes to coding and feature implementing. Considering how long it takes for me to get anything basic done on my laptop at all I can't even imagine the time it takes to code an entire voter, especially considering how much it has changed recently. I find it hard to belive you are the only one who knows enough about computer coding in the entire spectrum of Pledis fans. My plan once NU'EST/Seventeen returns is to try and go to their fan bases and do my best to help them. I will try and get Playgirlz and Playboyz to join me. It will probably fail but maybe, just maybe I can get 5 fans to join me.

PlayboyzAdam wrote: @SwePlaygirl, I have no idea too. I've never seen hit maker before. But since Lizzy is in it, we'll be there to cheer for her.
I guess we have Dazzling Red and Mystic White that were similar and also 4Tomorrow maybe? But as long as the voters supports it I am happy. I hope the 4nias, Kamilas and G.na fans will help out a lot. Also hoping for a Goodbye PMS success.

PlayboyzAdam wrote: Guys, if you are still using a version of the Playgirlz Voter that is below Playgirlz Voter beta 2.0.0( for example, Playgirlz Voter beta 1.9.93), please delete your Playgirlz Voter installation and download the Playgirlz Voter again. If the newly downloaded version doesn't automatically update to the latest version please let me know because that is a pretty big problem.
Mine updated fine on both laptops and you will notice an extra voter user that is me from a friend's house.

SwePlaygirl
Second Grader

Back to top Go down

Post by SwePlaygirl Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:38 pm

JungAh_Fan wrote: Well, I'm not following all the news either. I've been only following Jung Ah (and it's easy to know why lol) and since she's not promoting right now, it makes the job a lot easier. At least for me. And I never thought the fact of seeing your bias not promoting would have a good side. lol
In a way I can agree on this. It takes me so much more time when AS do things as a whole because then I have Jungah Jooyeon and E-young to watch and search for fancams of. These days I am just tweeting a bit, voting and watching Shine like a madman. Smile  Still waiting for that first fanmeet for AS of 2015. (Could also mention that I actually bought the whole AS discography!) Except Raina + Lizzy solos, Diva original and Happy Pledis 2011. Feeling poor and Best Of is not even out yet. Laughing

JungAh_Fan wrote: I want to see how Goodbye PMS does too. There was an article earlier this week where Lizzy was saying how she's getting a lot of h a t e from netizen. This fact makes our job harder. A LOT harder. Embarassed
 They disliked she could not pronounce French food if I remember it correctly. Luckily they still seem to find her likable so I am pretty sure they have forgotten about it once Goodbye PMS is out.

SwePlaygirl
Second Grader

Back to top Go down

Post by PlayboyzAdam Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:31 pm

intrepid wrote:I made a mistake saying she isn’t any longer in the social chart, that’s not true, I meant to say she’s no longer in the streaming chart.
@intrepid OK I guess Korean fans really aren't that interested in helping Lizzy win anything. Oh, that reminds me. I made a major error when I was calculating the most Pledis could possibly make from downloads in the first week. I think I used the basic MelOn stream pass cost for the calculations, well I was suppose to use the download costs(I got digital download and streaming mixed up). MelOn has 3 different options for buying downloads. You can download 30 songs for $9.99, 50 songs for $12.99 or 100 songs for $15.99. So the cost of downloading a song ranges from $0.16 to $0.333. Last week Lizzy had 15,978 downloads so Pledis at most(i.e. not taking expenses into consideration) made between $2555 to $5321 from downloads...at this point I think Pledis really does need to stop Lizzy's promotion.

Btw, I'm aware different music providing services might charge differently from MelOn but I only know about the MelOn costs so that's why I only use them in my calculations.

SwePlaygirl wrote:So far it does not seem like they care much about the awards so I guess the sales are what we really have to hope for.
@SwePlaygirl, sales look really bad. There's no sales to help win awards and there's no awards to help generate sales. The fan support just isn't there to help win awards and there's no awards to help motive fans into give the support....anyone else noticing and endless cycle of defeat here? If this fandom wanted they can break this cycle by putting in more support. Those international fans that have an iPhone can help a lot by contributing to digital sales(that is, if they really want to help).

SwePlaygirl wrote:She was not on the ichart yesterday and she is not there today either. I think the day we helped her the mot have long passed by now.

@SwePlaygirl, Sad

SwePlaygirl wrote:In an ideal world I would want you to have at least one more hardcore Pledis fan that could help you.
@SwePlaygirl, in an ideal world, I wouldn't need anyone to help me because in an ideal word the Playgirlz Voter would never have been created. In an ideal world, Kpop and this messed up fandom would know how awesome After School is and that should be enough to motivate fans to support After School. The problem with both Kpop and this fandom is that the things I see in After School that makes them so awesome, they don't see...or maybe they just don't care? It took a Jpop vs Kpop video for me to see After School's awesomeness(and back then I was Jpop bias and I didn't even know what Kpop was)...maybe we can do something similar to bring attention to After School?

SwePlaygirl wrote:I find it hard to belive you are the only one who knows enough about computer coding in the entire spectrum of Pledis fans
@SwePlaygirl, I am definitely not the only fan that knows about programming to be able to do the coding and I do need help. I was planning on asking ASDaze admins for help to provide a service that can read captcha for fans that don't have 32 bit Window computers but I've been reluctant because I was thinking how busy they were and anyway I didn't have time to co-ordinate the project(). Right now I'm using one of my computers to host this services but what is really needed is a dedicated server or a site that is on a dedicated server(e.g. asdaze.com). Right now I'm forced to leave that computer running 24/7.

SwePlaygirl wrote:you will notice an extra voter user that is me from a friend's house
cheers

SwePlaygirl wrote:It takes me so much more time when AS do things as a whole because then I have Jungah Jooyeon and E-young to watch and search for fancams of.
@SwePlaygirl, I just read the news on asdaze.com these days. ASDaze is my primary source of After School info but it use to be Allkpop.

SwePlaygirl wrote:(Could also mention that I actually bought the whole AS discography!) Except Raina + Lizzy solos, Diva original and Happy Pledis 2011.
@SwePlaygirl, cool. I'm still missing Shanghai Romance. Yesasia said they well let me know when they have more stock but that was a couple of years ago....where did you get your copy from? I always try to look from it when I go to buy a different AS album but it's always out of stock when I try purchasing it.

PlayboyzAdam
Fifth Grader

Back to top Go down

Post by intrepid Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:11 am

PlayboyzAdam wrote:
intrepid wrote:I made a mistake saying she isn’t any longer in the social chart, that’s not true, I meant to say she’s no longer in the streaming chart.

@intrepid OK I guess Korean fans really aren't that interested in helping Lizzy win anything. Oh, that reminds me. I made a major error when I was calculating the most Pledis could possibly make from downloads in the first week. I think I used the basic MelOn stream pass cost for the calculations, well I was suppose to use the download costs(I got digital download and streaming mixed up). MelOn has 3 different options for buying downloads. You can download 30 songs for $9.99, 50 songs for $12.99 or 100 songs for $15.99. So the cost of downloading a song ranges from $0.16 to $0.333. Last week Lizzy had 15,978 downloads so Pledis at most(i.e. not taking expenses into consideration) made between $2555 to $5321 from downloads...at this point I think Pledis really does need to stop Lizzy's promotion.

Btw, I'm aware different music providing services might charge differently from MelOn but I only know about the MelOn costs so that's why I only use them in my calculations.

I found it a little weird that Lizzy would do a trot style song rather than a more mainstream one because it appeals to older people who by and large have no idea how to download songs from my experience, so the fact that a digital single isn’t doing so well shouldn’t be that much of a surprise.
What “is” surprising is that it did as well as it did given its target audience, which isn’t us; I also think the reason Lizzy has been so busy on a variety of shows lately is to make up the difference in any loss for the song and it all goes to give her more exposure. Lizzy also stated this is a long term career choice and should be considered as her building a new fan base in a different genre from scratch.
intrepid
intrepid
Second Grader

Back to top Go down

Post by SwePlaygirl Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:18 am

PlayboyzAdam wrote: @SwePlaygirl, sales look really bad. There's no sales to help win awards and there's no awards to help generate sales. The fan support just isn't there to help win awards and there's no awards to help motive fans into give the support....anyone else noticing and endless cycle of defeat here? If this fandom wanted they can break this cycle by putting in more support. Those international fans that have an iPhone can help a lot by contributing to digital sales(that is, if they really want to help).
I actually meant the sales for the AS comeback, because Lizzy is a lost cause at this point. I knew that even after I checked the wiki and I certainly did not feel any better after checkin it and comparing it to Raina. But I think the AS comeback sales would be our best hope. I am assuming a lot of people won't help in votings for them either so that I why I am expecting it. (Please fandom feel free to prove me wrong)

PlayboyzAdam wrote: @SwePlaygirl, in an ideal world, I wouldn't need anyone to help me because in an ideal word the Playgirlz Voter would never have been created. In an ideal world, Kpop and this messed up fandom would know how awesome After School is and that should be enough to motivate fans to support After School. The problem with both Kpop and this fandom is that the things I see in After School that makes them so awesome, they don't see...or maybe they just don't care? It took a Jpop vs Kpop video for me to see After School's awesomeness(and back then I was Jpop bias and I didn't even know what Kpop was)...maybe we can do something similar to bring attention to After School?

I think I also saw one of them when I started to like... or rather respect E-girls and pay somewhat attention to them. Not really sure how we are going to promoe them. For me the reason to why I love AS is the music. The songs I actually dislike from them can be coundted on 1 hand and I still don't find the songs bad, just wrong for AS. And most of the fandom agrees with me on those songs. Other than those select few AS have the most stable discography. The only other group I have even come close to love that much (musically) is 4Minute.

PlayboyzAdam wrote: @SwePlaygirl, I am definitely not the only fan that knows about programming to be able to do the coding and I do need help. I was planning on asking ASDaze admins for help to provide a service that can read captcha for fans that don't have 32 bit Window computers but I've been reluctant because I was thinking how busy they were and anyway I didn't have time to co-ordinate the project(). Right now I'm using one of my computers to host this services but what is really needed is a dedicated server or a site that is on a dedicated server(e.g. asdaze.com). Right now I'm forced to leave that computer running 24/7.
That sounds awful and sad. If you need to give the computer a break for a few hours let me know because I can run to voter whenever. Besides I am one of the few ones who only have 64-bit now right?

PlayboyzAdam wrote: ASDaze is my primary source of After School info but it use to be Allkpop.
Somehow Twitter has become my main thing recently... I did not expect this at all but since my twitter voter feature does not work I have followed many AS fans, Lizzy fans and general Pledis fans to help Lizzy. After that I normally check ASDaze, Soompi/Allkpop/YouTube.

PlayboyzAdam wrote: @SwePlaygirl, cool. I'm still missing Shanghai Romance. Yesasia said they well let me know when they have more stock but that was a couple of years ago....where did you get your copy from? I always try to look from it when I go to buy a different AS album but it's always out of stock when I try purchasing it.

Forgot to say that I also don't own any OC albums yet so I just got My Copycat and Catallena for now because those are my favorites. I also got Hello Venus - Venus and NU'EST - Re:Birth. But AS on it's own will soon be all mine, Korean and Japanese. Very Happy  I am dreading the Best Of release because of how much money I already used up Laughing Hoping I can get a job during the summer so I will get some of my money back.

SwePlaygirl
Second Grader

Back to top Go down

Post by SwePlaygirl Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:26 am

intrepid wrote: I found it a little weird that Lizzy would do a trot style song rather than a more mainstream one because it appeals to older people who by and large have no idea how to download songs from my experience, so the fact that a digital single isn’t doing so well shouldn’t be that much of a surprise.
What “is” surprising is that it did as well as it did given its target audience, which isn’t us; I also think the reason Lizzy has been so busy on a variety of shows lately is to make up the difference in any loss for the song and it all goes to give her more exposure. Lizzy also stated this is a long term career choice and should be considered as her building a new fan base in a different genre from scratch.

This is something I have been thinking about a lot too. I have no way of knowing if a physical release would have been profitable but considering the target audience I was shocked when it had no physical what so ever. It felt a bit like they were going against theirselves in that respect.
Mature target + digital release hard for target audience to get = logic?

But I think Lizzy being so lovable and appearing on varety is helping a lot too. For reasons beyond my comprehension the MV did pretty okay too considering it did not have English tags even in search mode. It is only a few thousand views away from Raina's solo. At least in Pledis becaus I don't plan on cheking 1theK any time soon. I am hoping Hitmaker and Goodbye PMS will also give some more attention to Not An Easy Girl.

SwePlaygirl
Second Grader

Back to top Go down

Post by PlayboyzAdam Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:29 pm

intrepid wrote:Lizzy also stated this is a long term career choice and should be considered as her building a new fan base in a different genre from scratch.
@intrepid, I don't think it is necessary to build a new fan base from scratch. Just because trot is widely consider to be for oldies doesn't mean it can't appeal to the younger generations. Have you heard Nana singing Unconditional yet?

LOL, I'll be surprised if you said no considering how often she use to sing it. See 5:06 to 5:25

I think Unconditional is a good example of a trot song that can be sang in a more youthful manner(as demonstrated by Nana) to appeal to the younger generations and there are other example of trot songs that I think do appeal to younger generations e.g. Love and War and Love Battery.

SwePlaygirl wrote:I am assuming a lot of people won't help in votings for them either so that I why I am expecting it. (Please fandom feel free to prove me wrong)
@SwePlaygirl, LOL you're starting to sound like me. I've said a lot of negative things about this fandom and in the past I've challenge them to prove me wrong. Helping vote for After School was one of those things.

SwePlaygirl wrote:I think I also saw one of them when I started to like... or rather respect E-girls and pay somewhat attention to them.
@SwePlaygirl, the Jpop vs Kpop video that I saw featured Scandal's Shoujo S vs After School's Ah. Scandal was awesome and I love how they rocked out in their own instruments(something I really want to see from E-young with her own band) but After School blew my mind. For me it wasn't just the music(Shoujo S and Ah are about as catchy as each other i.e. very catchy) but After School had things on levels I've never seen. Bekah's raps, their dancing and their confidences and then when I go searching for their live stage performances OMG!!! yep I'm fan.

SwePlaygirl wrote:Not really sure how we are going to promoe them.
@SwePlaygirl, I was thinking of doing something similar to how I became a fan. I was brought to the attention of After School because After School was associated with things I knew about i.e.(Jpop, Scandal). We can use the same idea to bring the attention of After School to people that don't know about After School in the manner. A simple way would be to create videos containing covers that After School has done with covers other groups has done. Or maybe create videos that show how close After School is with members from other groups.

SwePlaygirl wrote:For me the reason to why I love AS is the music.
@SwePlaygirl, Just wondering, have you seen their variety shows appearances yet? Playgirlz School, Invincible Youth, Heroes, Diary of After School or Weekly Idol? If you have then I have a hard time believing that you don't love them for who they are as well their songs...well, I know you love E-young at least Very Happy

SwePlaygirl wrote:Besides I am one of the few ones who only have 64-bit now right?
@SwePlaygirl about half or more of the fans that help out have 64 bit computers now.

PlayboyzAdam
Fifth Grader

Back to top Go down

Post by SwePlaygirl Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:00 pm

PlayboyzAdam wrote:
@SwePlaygirl, LOL you're starting to sound like me. I've said a lot of negative things about this fandom and in the past I've challenge them to prove me wrong. Helping vote for After School was one of those things.
Laughing Yeah I have noticed this too! You may have started it but to be honest I really think it was the Plight Of Pledis gaining 5000+ notes that made me this way. I was so disapointed after those 20+ hours that I just became sad....

PlayboyzAdam wrote: @SwePlaygirl, the Jpop vs Kpop video that I saw featured Scandal's Shoujo S vs After School's Ah. Scandal was awesome and I love how they rocked out in their own instruments(something I really want to see from E-young with her own band) but After School blew my mind. For me it wasn't just the music(Shoujo S and Ah are about as catchy as each other i.e. very catchy) but After School had things on levels I've never seen. Bekah's raps, their dancing and their confidences and then when I go searching for their live stage performances OMG!!! yep I'm fan.

I'm not sure why I was not more upset about the dream Jupal, Kaeun, Rocker-Young band trio that never happened. But I did not actually think about it at all when she graduated. Same with Jungah's solo that I gave up on a bit. Maybe Dress To Shine has something to do with this, I will get a duo (that I have heard have been cut form the DVD but I don't trust this), will get the Jungah solo and Jupal's graduation DVD to make me happy.

Can't remember if I have already told you this but for me I noticed AS because of KARA and the first MV I saw was Shampoo and I thought to myself "hey this in not bad... I must research these After School people." Naturally I thought KARA was some kind of Asian music, I saw no difference in their Korean song Step so when I saw Electric Boy I had no idea it was Japanse *facepalm* Rolling Eyes At least I can spot Japanese vs Korean these days and I am good at detecting Thai songs. Thi sof course came at the price of me destroying Japan's name. These days I am reading so much English when it comes to kpop/jpop so now Japan sounds like Japaaaan with s 50% English A and 50% Swedish A. My mother thinks I have lost my mind... but BOY is her favorite kpop song and she somethimes sings it. She also liked Shine a lot so I could consider my butchered pronuinciation a fair trade when I can listen to Because Of You without getting yelled at. Cool

PlayboyzAdam wrote: @SwePlaygirl, I was thinking of doing something similar to how I became a fan. I was brought to the attention of After School because After School was associated with things I knew about i.e.(Jpop, Scandal). We can use the same idea to bring the attention of After School to people that don't know about After School in the manner. A simple way would be to create videos containing covers that After School has done with covers other groups has done. Or maybe create videos that show how close After School is with members from other groups.

That sounds like a great idea! Very Happy I have been considering doing a teaser collection in a way. Like having After School Ballad Collection where about 30 seconds of each ballad is played and the album it is on is stated along with pictures of the line-up singing the song. This along with the B-sides in a similar fashon. Sadly we might have to leave the JPN songs out because of Avex. But truthfully I think this is good what they are doing with blocking re-uploads and such. Then I would do ones for OC too of course. (If only I couldget around to actually make one. Luckily school is ever so slightly slowing as I plow through one deadline after the other.)

SwePlaygirl wrote:For me the reason to why I love AS is the music.
@SwePlaygirl, Just wondering, have you seen their variety shows appearances yet? Playgirlz School, Invincible Youth, Heroes, Diary of After School or Weekly Idol? If you have then I have a hard time believing that you don't love them for who they are as well their songs...well, I know you love E-young at least Very Happy
Haha of course I have, that is what seperated me from 4Minute after I had heard both their and After School's discography.

Fun fact: I love just as many 4Minute songs as After School songs, yet I don't even know all the members' names and I can't tell them apart.

After listening to all the title tracks from AS I was met with some youtube comments saying new fans should watch Playgirlz School. So I did and I fell in love with all of the members. I have seen more new shows than old but all Weekly Idol episodes, Playgirlz School, Beatles Code, Hello Counselor episodes, Kahi solo + Kahi Dam Bi on strong heart, an episode wih Uee on night of night (or what it was called, she was an MC), Random interviews, star date, hashtag interviews, Kahi on SNL, Kahi on Beatles code, Some of them on a beauty show, Jupal + KaYoung on Y-star something, KaYoung Star Kitchen, OC on the Beatles Code, the Original line-up with 2PM on that show, Beauty Bible still in progres) and more.

I have never actually seen a k-drama in my life. But after my graduation I am planning on starting with SoYoung's dramas and then move on to Uee's. So basically the music was how it started, then mind blown by special concepts, discovering how cool they were in Playgirlz School and the rest is history. AS is actually the group I am the most invested in when it comes to the members because I love all of them, even the already graduated ones when I discovered AS. After School This made me feel like a betrayer for a while because I loved AS so much I did not really care about KARA and what they did outside of the music, because I only cared about AS. Laughing Then I stopped feeling bad when I saw some AS/KARA interractions in clips  Wink

PlayboyzAdam wrote: @SwePlaygirl about half or more of the fans that help out have 64 bit computers now.
Ooo that is cool... I guess, but sad because then you have to run your computer continiously. Maybe I forgot to mention this or maybe not... Did I have a 32-bit when it all started? Because now i have 2 64-bit ones.

SwePlaygirl
Second Grader

Back to top Go down

Post by intrepid Sat Feb 14, 2015 1:10 am

SwePlaygirl wrote:
intrepid wrote: I found it a little weird that Lizzy would do a trot style song rather than a more mainstream one because it appeals to older people who by and large have no idea how to download songs from my experience, so the fact that a digital single isn’t doing so well shouldn’t be that much of a surprise.

This is something I have been thinking about a lot too. I have no way of knowing if a physical release would have been profitable but considering the target audience I was shocked when it had no physical what so ever. It felt a bit like they were going against theirselves in that respect.
Mature target + digital release hard for target audience to get = logic?

But I think Lizzy being so lovable and appearing on varety is helping a lot too. For reasons beyond my comprehension the MV did pretty okay too considering it did not have English tags even in search mode. It is only a few thousand views away from Raina's solo. At least in Pledis becaus I don't plan on cheking 1theK any time soon. I am hoping Hitmaker and Goodbye PMS will also give some more attention to Not An Easy Girl.

1theK is the “official” music distributor for Pledis under the name LOEN and the video there is tagged in English whereas Pledis’s official channel seems only set up for domestic consumption and doesn’t tend to get as many views as 1theK.

I also get why there was no physical release for Lizzy’s song because that adds unnecessary costs but I agree with your maths problem and also see the catch22 problem it creates.

I think Good Bye to PMS if promoted would do much better and the MV is really well done and funny but I can’t find it on iTunes in either Korean or English and a search for “Good Bye to PMS” brings up some Bible song/podcast or something which I thought was hilariously funny given the subject matter; still peeved I can’t buy it though.
intrepid
intrepid
Second Grader

Back to top Go down

Post by SwePlaygirl Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:04 am

intrepid wrote: 1theK is the “official” music distributor for Pledis under the name LOEN and the video there is tagged in English whereas Pledis’s official channel seems only set up for domestic consumption and doesn’t tend to get as many views as 1theK.

I do find Pledis to be very inconsistent in the handling of their videos. When it comes to NU'EST they gave them their own channel and they label the videos in English, somethimes to an extent that is perhaps a bit too big, e.g. Action MV where they also added the 1st mini album in the title which makes it a bit more difficult to search for. For OC and AS they use both the English and the Hangul but for the solo releases they have only used the hangul. I can't remember if Raina had English either in the search tags. So I did a quick search and it looks like she too only had hangul.

This is a bit confusing to me because I would have assuemd that they would have some kind of standard for what information to include when uploading videos, music videos especially. 1theK is the bigger channel and they will attract more views but if the videos had been made to search for I would assume Pledis would have gotten maybe 10k of the views from 1theK. That is of course just an assumption but I guess not all the fans are subscribed to Pledis and when they hear about the release they will search for it and the only video that comes up is from 1theK. So I think Pledis needs to have a standard for their MV releases on this and at least include English in the tags.

intrepid wrote: I think Good Bye to PMS if promoted would do much better and the MV is really well done and funny but I can’t find it on iTunes in either Korean or English and a search for “Good Bye to PMS” brings up some Bible song/podcast or something which I thought was hilariously funny given the subject matter; still peeved I can’t buy it though.
Good thing I don't have itunes because I would have dropped my glass of water if I saw that! Not really sure what is going on with Good Bye PMS... It seems strange that they would make a music video that they won't promote. Or will Lizzy really follow up her promotions with the song? I have found no info on the matter and the song has not shown on the ichart. Yet the song seems to have gained a good response! Even from people outside the fandom. The video is quickly gaining views too, faster than Shine. I have been checking the views every 10 - 20 minutes and I have done so three thimes. Every time the song have gained at least one thousand views more. People seem to really love the song and I would not like seeing it go to waste. (Almost wrote h8 but I caught myself in time.)

SwePlaygirl
Second Grader

Back to top Go down

Post by SwePlaygirl Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:16 am

@PlayboyzAdam My voter is not voting and apparently the Mcountwon voting period started the 13/2 a few hours before it became today (14/2) but it did not vote yesterday and not today either despite two restarts, one yesterday and one today to get it working.

SwePlaygirl
Second Grader

Back to top Go down

Post by Menketi Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:11 am

I noticed the same, everything works fine except for the Mcountdown voting.
It is the only thing that is not counting
Menketi
Menketi
Second Grader

Back to top Go down

Post by PlayboyzAdam Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:04 am

intrepid wrote:1theK is the “official” music distributor for Pledis under the name LOEN and the video there is tagged in English whereas Pledis’s official channel seems only set up for domestic consumption and doesn’t tend to get as many views as 1theK.
@intrepid, pledisartist is not only set up for domestic consumption. I'm not sure if you've seen it but UEE's White Day event video was actually for international fans as well and Pledis even encourage fans to participate in the event by answering question in the comments(in English). There lots of reasons why 1theK gets more views than pledisartist. 1 of the main reasons is because of fan's h8 for pledis. As demonstrated by videos like First Love and Catallena, pledis can get more views than 1thek if fans cared enough for it to happen. Also have you seen the posts at https://afterschooldaze.forumotion.com/t188-discussionsupport-pledis-artists-by-only-watching-pledis-artists-videos-on-pledis-artists-official-channels and check out https://afterschooldaze.forumotion.com/t437-loenentnow-known-as-1thek-and-afterschoolcraze-a-chapter-of-after-school-s-history#4860 too.

SwePlaygirl wrote:I do find Pledis to be very inconsistent in the handling of their videos. When it comes to NU'EST they gave them their own channel
@SwePlaygirl, When pledis first start out on Youtube they weren't very good and received a lot of complaints by fans. I think they originally were going to put all their artist videos on pledisartist but as they got better on Youtube then decided to have separate channels of each of their artists. I actually like having After School videos on pledisartist. pledisartist has the videos of the Pledis artists that I care for the most. For me this makes pledisartist special. I don't like the idea of Pledis creating a separate channel for After School, I'm afraid they will delete the videos from pledisartist(which will anger a lot of fans) and reupload them to the new channel.

SwePlaygirl wrote:@PlayboyzAdam My voter is not voting and apparently the Mcountwon voting period started the 13/2 a few hours before it became today (14/2) but it did not vote yesterday and not today either despite two restarts, one yesterday and one today to get it working.
Menketi wrote:I noticed the same, everything works fine except for the Mcountdown voting.
It is the only thing that is not counting
@SwePlaygirl, @Menketi there is something wrong with the M CountDown site. Right now is the voting period but when you go to vote it'll tell you that "Voting is not available now". The Playgirlz Voter was suppose to say that in the logs but I wrote the message wrong and it actually says that Show Champion voting isn't available. For some reason M CountDown still hasn't started their new voting week yet.

PlayboyzAdam
Fifth Grader

Back to top Go down

Post by Lazy Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:19 am

Hi, This is a friend from another fandom. I love AS, but more on OC and now Lizzy is the most. I will support OC and Lizzy. But my main group is on the top priority.

The first two week's votes for Mnet was from me. And now I am helping a little in MBC.

Just to remain you. CNBlue votes are from voting companies. They are very likely from China. There are many of these companies in China. You paid them and they will use their network to vote. The # of their members is huge as everyone can be their members. If anyone vote for them, they will be paid by the voting companies.

Their voting patten is easy to identify. Usually the vote speed is around 100 vote per second. And the voting will last for 1 or 2 hours and stop for the whole day. CNBLue fans paid almost every day last few weeks.

SJ, FX fans are also the same things. That's why we h-ate them a lot.

Interested in your software. But it is too Java style inside which I do not like. ^.*

PS: Don't spread this info to outside. Just to let you know. And don't disappoint with Lizzy performance. The song is the best kpop song so far.
Korean usually have VERY bad taste. This is not uncommon. Your fandom is working so hard and great. (But ours is even better lol)

Lazy
Maknae

Back to top Go down

Post by SwePlaygirl Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:11 am

PlayboyzAdam wrote: @SwePlaygirl, When pledis first start out on Youtube they weren't very good and received a lot of complaints by fans. I think they originally were going to put all their artist videos on pledisartist but as they got better on Youtube then decided to have separate channels of each of their artists. I actually like having After School videos on pledisartist. pledisartist has the videos of the Pledis artists that I care for the most. For me this makes pledisartist special. I don't like the idea of Pledis creating a separate channel for After School, I'm afraid they will delete the videos from pledisartist(which will anger a lot of fans) and reupload them to the new channel.

That is a shame in a way because I think having all the videos under one channel would have created more of a Pledis family vibe. So I would not want a new channel for AS either. Maybe that way a policy for English in the title might have been established and fans of one group might have been more willing to check the other one out. Sigh what I would not give to be Pledis internet creative direcotor for 12 hours and fix some things in the youtube channel and on their SNS platforms. The fandom actually has a lot of good ideas to be honest. Smile

PlayboyzAdam wrote: @SwePlaygirl, @Menketi there is something wrong with the M CountDown site. Right now is the voting period but when you go to vote it'll tell you that "Voting is not available now". The Playgirlz Voter was suppose to say that in the logs but I wrote the message wrong and it actually says that Show Champion voting isn't available. For some reason M CountDown still hasn't started their new voting week yet.
Then I know, thank you. I did suspect something was up when I saw the new releases had not yet been added to the voting section.

SwePlaygirl
Second Grader

Back to top Go down

Post by Lazy Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:31 am

Go to ShowChampion poll now!

I suspect their server is manipulating the ranking. Once Lizzy is on no 2. Infinite will lead back to no. 2. So their server locks Infinite at no.2 all the time. You can see Lizzy and Infinite positions are interchanging: 2-3-2-3-2-3-2-3-2-3-2-3-2-3-2-3-2-3....

SBS manipulates polls and so does MBC!

And their percentages are always the same. Let's see what will happen after Lizzy leads JYH.

Lazy
Maknae

Back to top Go down

Post by Lazy Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:40 am

Confirmed!!! It is MBC server cheating!

They set Jung Yong Hwa and Infinite to no1 and no2. The server will add votes to these two automatically.

[INFO] Playgirlz Voter - Automated After School Voting and Support System - Page 22 Screen13

Lazy
Maknae

Back to top Go down

Post by SwePlaygirl Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:56 am

Gaon released monthly rankings and Lizzy placed 92 in the BMG chart

That was all!
Seriously either I am horrible at navigating the page or she did not even chart which I find insane! I know she has not done that well but really? She has been on the weekly ones but not getitng a place in the monthly ar all? Am I the only one who finds this insane?!

That being said I was serious when I said I was not good at navigating that page. What I checked was all charts and what I guess was the main monthly chart based of the url so she might have done better in just the national section.

SwePlaygirl
Second Grader

Back to top Go down

Post by PlayboyzAdam Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:22 am

Lazy wrote:Hi, This is a friend from another fandom.
@Lazy, hi friend from another fandom. What fandom are you from? Great to see your here Very Happy

Lazy wrote:The first two week's votes for Mnet was from me.
@Lazy, what you said the first two week's votes was from you do you mean most of those M CountDown votes was from you...did you hack the poll or use mobile M CountDown site bug? If you did I don't think you should really do that but I appreciate the help.

Lazy wrote:CNBlue votes are from voting companies. They are very likely from China. There are many of these companies in China. You paid them and they will use their network to vote. The # of their members is huge as everyone can be their members. If anyone vote for them, they will be paid by the voting companies.
@Lazy, these are pretty serious accusations. Do you have any evidence that they are paying companies to do the voting for them? hmm...is this still consider cheating? Technically, I don't think so but the fact that the votes are made by people that are not fans does put this into question however fans did paid those companies to do the voting and that is a demonstration of their support so maybe not. Honestly all that money really should have been sent to Yong Hwa not the voting companies, this doesn't seem right. I have been suspecting that something isn't right because Yong Hwa has been having an insanely large amount of votes. I've estimated that Yong Hwa had about 32000 votes a day in the previous weeks. That's like twice as much as EXO did for MAMA last year which I thought could possibly happen considering how popular EXO is however I use to manually vote 700+ times a day. It only take about 45 Yong Hwa fans that are like me to achieve what they have achieved so maybe they haven't paid companies to vote for them.

Lazy wrote:Their voting patten is easy to identify. Usually the vote speed is around 100 vote per second. And the voting will last for 1 or 2 hours and stop for the whole day.
@Lazy, I don't agree with that. I've seen Young Hwa fans continue to vote the entire day. I've seen as soon as the Playgirlz Voter MBC+ accounts run out(and Lizzy taking first place), Yong Hwa continues to go up in the votes.

Lazy wrote:SJ, FX fans are also the same things. That's why we h-ate them a lot.
@Lazy, before we do any hating I think we should find some concrete evidences first e.g. like SJ and F(x) fans telling their fans to using voting companies.

Lazy wrote:Interested in your software. But it is too Java style inside which I do not like.
@Lazy, I wrote the Playgirlz Voter in Java because Java programs are very portable. I wanted the Playgirlz Voter to be able to run on any operating system(e.g. Windows, Mac, Linux) so I wrote it in Java.

Lazy wrote:Don't spread this info to outside. Just to let you know.
@Lazy, I'm actually a very open person but I won't spread this info because I'm not sure if it is true of not yet.

Lazy wrote:And don't disappoint with Lizzy performance. The song is the best kpop song so far.
@Lazy, I love Lizzy's performances Very Happy

Lazy wrote:Korean usually have VERY bad taste. This is not uncommon.
@Lazy, agree Very Happy....well different people have different tastes in music.

Lazy wrote:Your fandom is working so hard and great. (But ours is even better lol)
@Lazy, I'm pretty sure your fandom is better too..if you've seen the posts I've made about why I h8 my fandom you'll understand why.

Lazy wrote:I suspect their server is manipulating the ranking. Once Lizzy is on no 2. Infinite will lead back to no. 2. So their server locks Infinite at no.2 all the time. You can see Lizzy and Infinite positions are interchanging: 2-3-2-3-2-3-2-3-2-3-2-3-2-3-2-3-2-3....
@Lazy, it might not be that the MBC server is manipulating the ranking. It's just that the voting is still going on and Lizzy and Infinite are fighting each other for 2nd place.

Lazy wrote:SBS manipulates polls and so does MBC!
@Lazy, I need concrete evidence before I can come to that conclusion.

Lazy wrote:Confirmed!!! It is MBC server cheating!

They set Jung Yong Hwa and Infinite to no1 and no2. The server will add votes to these two automatically.
@Lazy, OK you might be right. I'm observing that as well...but it is still possible that Yong Hwa and Infinite H fan are legitimately voting as I type this. Of course it is also possible that MBC is set to cheat for Yong Hwa and Infinite H or their fans have hack the poll.

SwePlaygirl wrote:Gaon released monthly rankings and Lizzy placed 92 in the BMG chart
@SwePlaygirl, Pledis is in big trouble...so is After School.

SwePlaygirl wrote:Am I the only one who finds this insane?!
@SwePlaygirl, I'm not sure about insane but I find that really troubling.

SwePlaygirl wrote:That being said I was serious when I said I was not good at navigating that page. What I checked was all charts and what I guess was the main monthly chart based of the url so she might have done better in just the national section.
@SwePlaygirl, I don't have time to go and check for myself because I have to prepare for a new job I'm starting tomorrow so I'll have to trust you are right for now but I'm hoping you have mistaken.

PlayboyzAdam
Fifth Grader

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 27 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 27  Next