After School Daze - International Fan Forum for After School
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[IDEA]Project for designing and creating a system for sharing voting accounts

3 posters

Go down

[IDEA]Project for designing and creating a system for sharing voting accounts Empty [IDEA]Project for designing and creating a system for sharing voting accounts

Post by PlayboyzAdam Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:21 pm

This probably belongs to the Suggestion Box but I've decided to place it here because the Suggestion Box isn't available to non members and I want all Playgirlz/Playboyz to be able to discuss this idea.

Creating accounts to vote for Kahi, After School and Orange Caramel on music shows can be time consuming and very stressful. I think this is especially true for fan new to creating Melon accounts because the Melon site is in Korean so even if you follow English tutorial instructions when you get an error message it's very difficult to understand what you did wrong. I'm very experienced with creating Melon accounts and I still have a lot of trouble with understanding what constitutes to a valid password.

To alleviate the stress of creating voting accounts(e.g. Melon, M COUNTDOWN and Gaon) and hopefully encourage fans to help vote more I propose a project to design and create a system or systems for sharing voting accounts. This project is also about helping fans that have too much accounts and want to but can't use them all for voting. I encourage any fans who has surplus voting accounts to participate. I have several hundred accounts that can really make a big difference to After School's position on the votes and help After School win awards but I doubt I can use them all for After School's next comeback.

Anyone who is sick of seeing Kahi, After School and Orange Caramel being placed anywhere except 1st in the votes and wants to help them win awards should participate.

All Playgirlz/Playboyz can participate in this project no matter what country or forum/fanbase you belong to. Here's my idea for a system to share accounts.

For ASDaze forum members who wish to share their accounts here's what you can do:
1) Create your own topic in the Introductions and say hi and introduce yourself. Your introduction topic is where the accounts you wish to share are going to be located. For the title of the topic make sure to add [VOTING ACCOUNTS SPONSOR] at the front e.g "[VOTING ACCOUNTS SPONSOR] Hi, from Australia<3"
2) Edit your topic to list the condition/terms of use for the accounts. Different members might have different terms of use and we need to respect that e.g. some members might only want their accounts to be used for Orange Caramel and others might only allow their accounts to be used for voting for After School. Here's the terms and conditions for the accounts I'm planning to share.

Terms and Conditions
- The accounts are only to be used for voting for Pledis artists and no one else.
- Distribution of these accounts is forbidden unless permission is recieved by me.
- Do not change the password of these accounts.
- Do not change the user details of these accounts.
- These accounts are only for voting for Pledis artists and nothing else.
- By using these accounts you agree to all the instructions, terms and conditions set out.

3) Edit your topic to contain instructions for how Playgirlz/Playboyz can reserve accounts. Here's my instructions,

Instructions for Use
To use these accounts you must post a comment on the introduction topic to reserve the accounts you wish to use for a day. Please DO NOT reserve more accounts than you can use for 1 hour at a time, this is to ensure that all reserved accounts are used in the day(KST). All reservations will expire at 12:00am KST after which another user can reserved accounts that you've reserved. Only reserve accounts in sequential acsending order e.g. if the user before you has reserved Melon accounts 10 to 20 and you want to reserve 5 melon accounts you can only reserve the next 5 melon accounts i.e. 21, 22, 23, 24, 25. If you've reserved the last account and still need more then you can reserve the accounts starting from account 1 onwards if they are available.

Here's an example of account reservation,
I'm going reserve Melon accounts 1 to 15 and M COUNTDOWN accounts 45 to 55.

4) Edit your topic so that it contains a numbered list of accounts that you want to share and remember to provided the login details for the accounts as well e.g.

Melon Accounts
1) user: MelonAccount1, password: MelonPassword
2) user: MelonAccount2, password: MelonPassword
3) user: MelonAccount3, password: MelonPassword

M COUNTDOWN Accounts
1) user: AfterSchoolRulez1@playgirlzmail.com, password: MCOUNTDOWNPassword
2) user: AfterSchoolRulez2@playgirlzmail.com, password: MCOUNTDOWNPassword
3) user: AfterSchoolRulez3@playgirlzmail.com, password: MCOUNTDOWNPassword

5) Look in Introductions for other topics containing "[VOTING ACCOUNTS SPONSOR]" and post a comment in those topics to tell that member that you are also sharing accounts the added a hyper link on your topic to other member's topics that are sharing accounts e.g.

Other voting account sponsors:
1) Member1
2) Member2
3) Member3

This idea is to create a linked network of sponsor so that when all the accounts of one sponsor is reserved a member can easily look for another sponsor.

6) If you know about any other Playgilz/Playboyz fanbases that's is sponsoring accounts for sharing then please let us know by posting it in this topic and all member that are sponsors should add those fanbases to their "Other voting account sponsors" list.

Note: In order to view Introductions forum and post comments to make reservations you need to be a member of ASDaze forums. Please don't be burden with the idea of having to be active in the ASDaze forums to join. You can join just for the sake of helping to vote for Kahi, After School or Orange Caramel.

Here's what ASDaze admins can do:
If there's no problems(obviously there are security issues but that will be addressed later) then please make this an official ASDaze project and share it on the ASDaze site, tumblr, Twitter, facebook, design a hash tag for it and trend it. Please note this project isn't just about my idea for implementing shared accounts, it's also about getting fans involved in thinking of an effective and secure system to share voting accounts. Whether the project has the backing of ASDaze or not I'm still going to follow through with my propose system for shared accounts(unless there a good reason for not doing it or I get kicked out of ASDaze forums) and it'll be helpful if ASDaze help fans know I've got accounts I want to share with other Playgirlz/Playboyz.

Here's what other Playgirlz/Plaboyz can do to support the project:
- It is much easier to register for an ASDaze forums account than register for a Melon, M COUNTDOWN or Gaon account so if creating these voting accounts is what's putting you off from voting then I highly recommend joining the ASDaze forums and use these shared accounts. The actual voting part is really easy, here are instructions for how to vote,

Show Champion: [INFO]Voting for Show Champion on Melon
M COUNTDOWN: [INFO]Voting for M COUNTDOWN on MWAVE
GAON: [INFO]Voting for MV on Gaon

- If you belong to another Playgirlz/Playboyz fanbase then maybe you can suggest this idea to your fanbase. You can copy my idea to share accounts or come up with another one.
- If you've used up all your own accounts for the day and decided that you have some extra time to vote then feel free to use these shared accounts to support the cause. Anyone Playgirlz/Playboyz can use these accounts whether they got their own accounts or not(for my account that's the case, it might differer between different sponsors).
- Share it on tumblr, Twitter, facebook etc
- If you like the idea of sharing accounts then consider the idea of taking the time to create at least one new email account a day and using it to create voting accounts. There's about 365 days in a year and 365 accounts will be very helpful in helping After School win awards.

Security Issues
At this point some of you guys must be wondering what's stopping someone from stealing these accounts. The answer ultimately is absolutely nothing! If someone changes the password but hasn't change the email address of the account then you can reset the password if you still know the email address to those accounts. If someone changes the password and the email adress of an account then that account is lost. If you're not willing to let your account be stolen then I recommend you don't share your accounts or you can try to implement a system where you only share accounts with people you trust. If you do share your accounts make sure those accounts use passwords that are not a security issue to other important accounts e.g. bank accounts. DO NOT exchange important passwords over the internet. Even if you only share your passwords with people you trust, it is still possible for your password to be stolen e.g. you email you password to someone(in plain text) then it's possible for the email system's administrator to check your email and find your password.

OK guys what do you think about my design for a system to share voting accounts? Anyone got a more effective or secured way that wouldn't discourage real fans from voting? I don't mind my accounts getting stolen for me it's more important to encourage fans to be more supportive.

1 vote a day for each of the music show you can vote on from every Playgirlz/Playboyz makes a big difference, I hope this project can help achieve that.

Last edited by PlayboyzAdam on Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

PlayboyzAdam
Fifth Grader

Back to top Go down

[IDEA]Project for designing and creating a system for sharing voting accounts Empty Re: [IDEA]Project for designing and creating a system for sharing voting accounts

Post by captainsprunchz Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:34 am

Hey Adam! Wow you put SO much work into this <3 We're actually planning a few comeback preparations Very Happy This will be a perfect event/project to add to it <3 You're super awesome!

Here are my initial thoughts:

1) Putting the [Voting Account Sponsor] in the title of the Introductions is a great idea! Instead of having "Terms and Conditions", "Instructions", and "Reservations" happening in the Introductions though, what would you think of having an entire Topic/Thread in the Playgirlz Syllabus dedicated to that, instead?  (Which you could link to in your introduction)

Example:
Home--> Playgirlz Syllabus--> VOTING ACCOUNT SPONSOR'S--> Playboyz Adam

2) To make reservations simpler (if you like) I found this site that might work: http://simplybook.me/

You can see my TEST account here: http://votingaccountsponsortest.simplybook.me/sheduler/manage/

More importantly you can sync that schedule with your google calander and embed that here, so people can see what time slots are open Smile

Embedding doesn't always work on the forum... but I think we can figure it out by the time we introduce this project.

3) Did you have  particular timeline for when you'd like to implement this? We're a little busy now, so i can't promise anything :/
captainsprunchz
captainsprunchz
ASDaze Team

http://captain-sprunchz.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

[IDEA]Project for designing and creating a system for sharing voting accounts Empty Re: [IDEA]Project for designing and creating a system for sharing voting accounts

Post by PlayboyzAdam Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:09 pm

captainsprunchz wrote:Hey Adam! Wow you put SO much work into this <3 We're actually planning a few comeback preparations Very Happy This will be a perfect event/project to add to it <3 You're super awesome!
@Sarah thanks  Very Happy 

captainsprunchz wrote:1) Putting the [Voting Account Sponsor] in the title of the Introductions is a great idea! Instead of having "Terms and Conditions", "Instructions", and "Reservations" happening in the Introductions though, what would you think of having an entire Topic/Thread in the Playgirlz Syllabus dedicated to that, instead?  (Which you could link to in your introduction)

Example:
Home--> Playgirlz Syllabus--> VOTING ACCOUNT SPONSOR'S--> Playboyz Adam
I think it is a great idea to have something in the Playgirlz Syllabus that brings attention to this project but I'm not sure about the "Terms and Conditions", "Instructions", and "Reservations". The idea of having the "Terms and Conditions", "Instructions", and "Reservations" in the Introduction is so the sponsor has full control how they want their accounts to be shared e.g I extend the use of my accounts to all Pledis artists but some sponsors might only want their accounts to be used for After School. I don't want sponsors to feel discouraged from participating because there don't agree to the way I share my accounts. Also the Playgirlz Syllabus only allows members (except ASDaze team) read rights so it won't allow most sponsors direct control over how their accounts are shared.

captainsprunchz wrote:2) To make reservations simpler (if you like) I found this site that might work: http://simplybook.me/
@Sarah Thanks for looking into the simplybook site<3, I don't think the simplybook site will work for this project because it reserves time slots while what's needed is a system to reserve accounts also having to supply personal details like name and email to do a simplybook reservation might discourage participants.

captainsprunchz wrote:3) Did you have  particular timeline for when you'd like to implement this? We're a little busy now, so i can't promise anything :/
@Sarah It'll be good if ASDaze helped to promote this project as soon as possible so fans know there's going to be accounts available for sharing, to get fans thinking and discussing ideas for how best to implement shared voting systems or start creating voting accounts to be shared. I understand that you guys are busy so please help to promote this when you feel like you've got time. I'm going to work on promoting this project later right now I'm busy with other stuff. I hope ASDaze can help promote this before After School's next comeback. Just posting that comment to acknowledge ASDaze supports this project helps out a lot too Very Happy I'm planning to release voting accounts for reservation after watching After School's new MV. Something to consider for sponsors is that it might help prevent accounts getting stolen if the accounts are removed from reservation after After School's promotional period.

@Other ASDaze forum members, please don't be shy and join the discussion. If you think it's a good idea please let us know, it you think it is a horrible idea I think it's really important to let us know.

PlayboyzAdam
Fifth Grader

Back to top Go down

Post by captainsprunchz Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:01 pm

Ohhhh good points!

PlayboyzAdam wrote: The idea of having the "Terms and Conditions", "Instructions", and "Reservations" in the Introduction is so the sponsor has full control how they want their accounts to be shared 

So true! We're actually able to make "Sub Forums" (I just found out). We can make a "Voting Account Sponsors" Sub Forum in the Playgirlz Syllabus Forum.

In the Sub-Forum each Voting Account Sponsor can have their own Topic (like in Introductions).

What do you thinkk?? Very Happy

*the only thing is it doesn't look that pretty on the home page... but we can probably fix this too! I just have to learn lol ><*

PlayboyzAdam wrote:Also the Playgirlz Syllabus only allows members (except ASDaze team) read rights so it won't allow most sponsors direct control over how their accounts are shared.

AH! Thanks for pointing this out. When/If We make the Sub-Forum we can change the "posting rules" for the Sub-Forum, so everyone's able to post and edit their own posts as they need/want.

PlayboyzAdam wrote:It'll be good if ASDaze helped to promote this project as soon as possible so fans know there's going to be accounts available for sharing, to get fans thinking and discussing ideas for how best to implement shared voting systems or start creating voting accounts to be shared. I understand that you guys are busy so please help to promote this when you feel like you've got time.

Ah, so nice ^^ I'll let you know when we can do this! We'll definitely shoot to do this before A.S's next comeback! Hopefully we can release it with our other Comeback Materials <3 (and share it with other fansites as an option for them as well!)

PlayboyzAdam wrote:I don't think the simplybook site will work for this project because it reserves time slots while what's needed is a system to reserve accounts also having to supply personal details like name and email to do a simplybook reservation might discourage participants.

Oh woops, I didn't quote your nice-ness! But thanks for being kind about my idea haha, but I agree with you. Now that you point, that out simplybook won't quite work~*sigh* Thanks for taking the time to look into it Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy 

PlayboyzAdam wrote:I'm planning to release voting accounts for reservation after watching After School's new MV. Something to consider for sponsors is that it might help prevent accounts getting stolen if the accounts are removed from reservation after After School's promotional period.

^^^^^^^ Thissss~ really good idea Very Happy
captainsprunchz
captainsprunchz
ASDaze Team

http://captain-sprunchz.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by PlayboyzAdam Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:39 pm

captainsprunchz wrote:Ohhhh good points!

PlayboyzAdam wrote: The idea of having the "Terms and Conditions", "Instructions", and "Reservations" in the Introduction is so the sponsor has full control how they want their accounts to be shared 

So true! We're actually able to make "Sub Forums" (I just found out). We can make a "Voting Account Sponsors" Sub Forum in the Playgirlz Syllabus Forum.

In the Sub-Forum each Voting Account Sponsor can have their own Topic (like in Introductions).

What do you thinkk?? Very Happy

@Sarah I think that's a great idea Very Happy

Thanks ASDaze for supporting this<3

PlayboyzAdam
Fifth Grader

Back to top Go down

Post by Renzel Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:39 pm

Bless you Adam, this thread should be pinned and sticky Smile
Renzel
Renzel
Admin

http://j-royale.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by PlayboyzAdam Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:17 am

Renzel wrote:Bless you Adam, this thread should be pinned and sticky Smile
@Renzel, thanks Smile

PlayboyzAdam
Fifth Grader

Back to top Go down

Post by PlayboyzAdam Mon May 12, 2014 12:07 am

Multiple fans that use English as their second language have expressed some difficulty in understanding this project so I'll try to make it simpler. If there are any further questions please feel free to ask in this discussion or if you feel shy then consider contacting ASDaze or anonymously post a question on ASDaze's ask.fm page.

The 2 most important things to know about this project is that; 1) there will be shared accounts that Playgirlz/Playboyz can use to vote for after School and 2) getting fans and different fan bases to come up with and implement ideas for how to share voting accounts.

So far the ideas that we've came up with includes creating a sub forum in Playgirlz Syllabus so that people who want to share accounts can create their own thread/topic in it to share their accounts and provide rules and instructions for using those accounts.

If fans have anyway to improve the ideas that Sarah and I have proposed then please let us know.

PlayboyzAdam
Fifth Grader

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down