After School Daze - International Fan Forum for After School
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[DISCUSSION] E-young sub unit

+8
Redboi675
heartnana_95
PlayboyzAdam
OKDR
Nana&Kaeun4lyfe
K-kitsune
HelloImPatch
umiboshy
12 posters

Go down

[DISCUSSION] E-young sub unit Empty [DISCUSSION] E-young sub unit

Post by umiboshy Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:40 pm

I'm a e-young biased and it's always rough to see her fade in the background, she doesnt get enough credit, line and spotlight. One of playgirlz and playboyz hot topic is a sub unit with e-young as a main member, I've heard a lot of nice line up suggestion!

You probably know this one already but this would be my perfect line up:
E-young ( main dancer, main vocal)
Jooyeon ( leader, vocalist and visual)
Kaeun ( lead vocal, main rapper)
Of course it would be a band sub unit, i would imagine them having a funky and edgy style !

What are your thoughts and your line up for a new sub unit ? Very Happy
umiboshy
umiboshy
ASDaze Team

Back to top Go down

[DISCUSSION] E-young sub unit Empty Re: [DISCUSSION] E-young sub unit

Post by HelloImPatch Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:20 pm

I agree! A band sub unit is definitely called for with E young's talents. I like the idea of Eyoung and Kaeun together, but maybe with another member like JungAh or Uee. Jungah would round out the vocal line with her smooth sound and she could definitely be a visual. However, if we're wanting E young to showcase more vocals and performance ability, perhaps Uee would round out with strong dancing and back up vocals while Kaeun raps and Eyoung is the center.

HelloImPatch
Maknae

http://helloimpatch.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by K-kitsune Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:00 pm

I see where E-Young fans are coming from but I'm not really sure if it would be wise to have another sub-unit aside from Orange Caramel. It would distract too much from the group as a whole and right now there needs to be focus on the who group rather than dividing into sub-units.

Their last attempt at additional sub units (Red & Blue) wasn't a success and I doubt Pledis would take a chance on creating something that would no doubt not be a success like OC is.
K-kitsune
K-kitsune
First Grader

Back to top Go down

Post by Nana&Kaeun4lyfe Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:29 am

I would like a band subunit, but I don't see it happening. >.<
We might have a bigger bet with AS though since they like to do new concepts.
Nana&Kaeun4lyfe
Nana&Kaeun4lyfe
Pre-schooler

Back to top Go down

Post by OKDR Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:13 am

The RED + BLUE thing was a one time thing, not meant to be permanent. Something they copied from the 48 groups (they do it as b-sides to their singles once in a while) to showcase the members better.

Groups like AS are meant to have sub-units or soloists more than other groups that had followed the trend the last year. Sub-units are to cover up when the whole unit can't promote because certain members are busy with side activities. It wouldn't be such a bad idea, but Juyeon is one of those members with side activities, so I don't believe it would be wise to add her.

The last year and a half, there's been plenty of times when Kaeun and E-Young were pushed into TV shows so they could still do something and get promoted, because the rest were busy, even OC members.

The thing is, nowadays I am not quite sure what I'd like for a sub-unit E-Young-biased. A 4-piece rock band? A duo of two vocals + one acoustic guitar? Not really sure, honestly. It should be something that allowed them to shine so people could get to know more sides of AS' members.

OKDR
OKDR
First Grader

Back to top Go down

Post by PlayboyzAdam Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:34 pm

I would like to see E-young in a band sub-unit that puts focus on vocal and instrumental skills. I'm not interested in seeing dancing in this new sub-unit and I don't think a visual is necessary. Seeing E-young on the electric guitar would be awesome. I want Raina to be in this sub-unit too. I like hearing the piano in rock/pop songs and Raina has been playing the piano for 10+ years. I think Jung Ah's voice compliments Raina's voice so I think it'll be good to hear Jung Ah in this band as well. Also I'll like to see a drummer in this band too so if they're not going to make a clone of E-young then I'll like to see another member learn to play the drums and be in this band.

PlayboyzAdam
Fifth Grader

Back to top Go down

Post by heartnana_95 Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:14 pm

Ohh! I would love to tee something like this! I really would love to get to know the new maknaes better since we don't get to see much from them. Also I agree, since E-Young is a bit quiet compared to the other members (LIZZY lol) she fades into the background a lot, but my gosh she is probably one of the most multitalented idols in the industry. She can do everything! I think she really needs some more recognition because it would really be a waste to not showcase her talent.
heartnana_95
heartnana_95
Pre-schooler

Back to top Go down

Post by Redboi675 Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:36 am

I'd love a subunit with all the non-OC members
Redboi675
Redboi675
Pre-schooler

Back to top Go down

Post by wowous Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:29 pm

Can't see it happening, but I like the idea of E-Young and Kaeun getting out of the "who?" team.
I would always have this weird hope that if it happens, may it be a 4-person unit with two Hello Venus members but profit-wise I'm aware it ain't gonna work
wowous
wowous
Pre-schooler

Back to top Go down

Post by OKDR Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:32 am

wowous wrote:Can't see it happening, but I like the idea of E-Young and Kaeun getting out of the "who?" team.
I would always have this weird hope that if it happens, may it be a 4-person unit with two Hello Venus members but profit-wise I'm aware it ain't gonna work

Back in the day I wouldn't be that keen, but seeing how HV are lacking promotions lately on the music department, maybe it wouldn't be crazy idea putting someone who wasn't neither Ara or Alice who get the main weight of HV's vocals. The thing is, maybe Ara would fit better with them, but we still have Yooyoung, Lime, Yoonjo & Nara. Anyway, it'd become a problem whomever they chose there would be people against it.

Lime still has a lot of lines in HV and spotlight, while Yooyoung & Yoonjo have less (most of the times fans have the feeling Yoonjo isn't well used on the group according to her vocal range, but the fact her training is more operistic, may be a factor against her having more main vocals).

Nara, well, is not a secret she's not a strong vocalist, she still can sing, but live she's terrible compared to the rest.

And, again, it would a pity to not use the rock-chick potential an E-Young unit could have.

Maybe instead of HV they could just add in Ren XD
OKDR
OKDR
First Grader

Back to top Go down

Post by PrinceX Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:58 pm

It needs to happen and i think it will.
E-young, Kaeun and probably the next new member are gonna   have a sub unit group.
Which type of sub-unit group?
I hope for a band concept too. It will suit E-young especially with her instrumental talents and making her as the Leader of the group! cheers

PrinceX
Pre-schooler

Back to top Go down

Post by Marinesquad49 Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:33 pm

How about a concept where you have EYoung and Kaeun with Jungah. The youngest with the oldest (in the group hehe)

They could call it Recess Time (two youngest play with a chaperon)

Marinesquad49
Second Grader

Back to top Go down

Post by Dress to Kill Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:15 am

Unfortunately, while Kaeun and E-Young are my bias, there isn't enough interest in them as individuals to warrant a successful sub-unit right now. Pledis needs to push them both forward even more in the group promotions and promote them outside of the group more too. I also think that maybe when new admissions are added, this might happen. OC was created at a time when After School was a very well off group that were coming off successful singles. Now, After School themselves don't have guaranteed success.

I personally think no unit yet. Wait until more admissions come. Then have a unit with E-Young, Kaeun, new admission 1 and new admission 2 haha!

Dress to Kill
Maknae

Back to top Go down

Post by Marinesquad49 Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:43 pm

If an E-Young sub unit looks anything like After School Blue (even though I heard Red and Blue didn't do too well) it'll be super cute to see and with Kaeun I'd have to sit down Very Happy

Marinesquad49
Second Grader

Back to top Go down

Post by Dress to Kill Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:34 pm

That's one thing I don't want. Orange Caramel have the cute and wacky, I'd want the next permanent sub-unit to be darker, with a stronger youthful concept. When I think of a sub-unit for them I want songs like AH, Virgin, Dress to Kill.

Dress to Kill
Maknae

Back to top Go down

Post by Redboi675 Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:51 pm

If there is a subunit then it should include Nana as she's kind of the 'it' girl now in Kpop. So they could just fire Raina from OC and let E-Young take over  farao 
Redboi675
Redboi675
Pre-schooler

Back to top Go down

Post by umiboshy Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:02 am

Redboi675 wrote:If there is a subunit then it should include Nana as she's kind of the 'it' girl now in Kpop. So they could just fire Raina from OC and let E-Young take over  farao 

LOL going strong with the words "fire Raina from OC"
umiboshy
umiboshy
ASDaze Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Marinesquad49 Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:50 am

Redboi675 wrote:If there is a subunit then it should include Nana as she's kind of the 'it' girl now in Kpop. So they could just fire Raina from OC and let E-Young take over  farao 

^ Agreed w/ umiboshy, strong words lol! She's the beloved main vocalist that's wholesome and sweet. Many would cry and die if that ever happened -.- Crying or Very sad

Marinesquad49
Second Grader

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down