[DISCUSSION]Official A midsummer night's sweetness discussion thread

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [DISCUSSION]Official A midsummer night's sweetness discussion thread

Post by PlayboyzAdam on Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:22 pm

intrepid wrote:Yes I read it correctly and at the moment it’s 63 in the Streaming charts with 947,420 streams.
HOLY CR*P! you're right. I've just checked Gaon...wow, 947,420 streams in a week. Haha, they're getting rich of AMSN...although the profit is split Between Raina, San E, Pledis and Brand New Music.

PlayboyzAdam
Fifth Grader

Posts : 1595
Reputation : 68
Join date : 2014-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [DISCUSSION]Official A midsummer night's sweetness discussion thread

Post by intrepid on Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:37 pm

A Midsummer Night’s Sweetness is holding steady at #82 in the Digital Charts for the period 07/06/15 - 13/06/15 but is unfortunately below the threshold for me to track the Digital downloads.

It’s holding steady in the Streaming Charts at #63 with 947,948 streams and #58 in the Mobile Charts.
avatar
intrepid
Second Grader

Posts : 195
Reputation : 12
Join date : 2014-04-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [DISCUSSION]Official A midsummer night's sweetness discussion thread

Post by intrepid on Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:47 pm

A Midsummer Night’s Sweetness is up 13 places and is #69 in the Digital Charts for the period 14/06/15 - 20/06/15 and up 37 places in the Digital Download chart at #69 with 17069 downloads; In the Streaming charts it’s up 5 positions at #58 with 1,007,814 streams, in the Mobile Chart it’s up 7 places to #51.
avatar
intrepid
Second Grader

Posts : 195
Reputation : 12
Join date : 2014-04-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [DISCUSSION]Official A midsummer night's sweetness discussion thread

Post by intrepid on Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:52 pm

A Midsummer Night’s Sweetness is down 3 places and is #72 in the Digital Charts for the period 21/06/15 - 27/06/15 and down 3 places in the Digital Download chart at #72 with 18180 downloads (another increase in sales); In the Streaming charts it’s down 6 positions at #64 with 987,968 streams, in the Mobile Chart it’s down 2 places to #53.
avatar
intrepid
Second Grader

Posts : 195
Reputation : 12
Join date : 2014-04-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [DISCUSSION]Official A midsummer night's sweetness discussion thread

Post by PlayboyzAdam on Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:26 pm

@intrepid, is it just AMNS that's charting on Gaon? How are the other Pledis songs doing?

PlayboyzAdam
Fifth Grader

Posts : 1595
Reputation : 68
Join date : 2014-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [DISCUSSION]Official A midsummer night's sweetness discussion thread

Post by intrepid on Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:47 am

PlayboyzAdam wrote:@intrepid, is it just AMNS that's charting on Gaon? How are the other Pledis songs doing?

Not really, only OC Catallena has popped up now and again in the other charts but not the Download Charts but it was really popular so hardly surprising that people still karaoke it and stuff.

In 2014 AMSNS charted overall at #4 last year and Catallena came in at #38 in the Digital Charts, In the Digital Download Charts they came in at #5 and #33 respectively; to give some perspective I’ll give the numbers for Girl’s Generation’s Mr Mr, that came in at #54 and #46 respectively; because they did so well last year that is probably why they are still popping up this year especially AMSNS because it’s catchy and easy listening and it also helps that San E’s new album is in the charts and he is promoting on a few different TV shows at the moment.

I used Girl’s Generation as a benchmark because along with 2NE1 and Sistar they are a tier 1 groups with a huge Korean and from what I’ve hear even larger overseas fanbase, but as you can see that at least in Korea OC can challenge them quite well in the charts when they do a great comeback.

Seventeen is a little bit hard to judge because while they haven’t charted other than the album chart I’m not going to write them off as a failure just yet and I was going to wait until next Thursday to test my suspicions that they are doing better than what their lack of chart position would seem to indicate.

My reasoning that they are probably doing better than what their lack of chart position would indicate is the fact they debut on the Billboard World Album Chart at #9 and according to news reports “This success is proved by the number of views that “Adore U” got, which is the highest among fellow rookie groups that have debuted this year. The music video was revealed on May 29 and it rose to 900,000 views by June 5, just after one week. The group’s other social media networking sites, such as Facebook and Twitter, are also gaining a great amount of followers which proves their quick rise to stardom.”

As far as I can tell they are still on the Billboard Album charts but it’s hard to navigate the Billboard page to get any useful information but as of 13th of June they were #11 and level with the previous week after being three weeks in the charts, their Gaon Album chart positions are as follows:-

31/05/15 – 06/06/15 Ranking #8
07/06/15 – 13/06/15 Ranking #5
14/06/15 – 20/06/15 Ranking #8
21/06/15 – 27/06/15 Ranking #4

Something to note is EXO had LOVE ME RIGHT – The 2nd Album Repackage in 2 versions debut at the same time at 1st and 2nd position and held the same position through to the 2nd week but dropped below Seventeen by the third, however by the 4th week the only groups above Seventeen are new entries Teen Top, AOA and Sistar in descending order.

While I’m hesitant to make much of this because I’ve always maintained Album sales don’t mean as much as digital downloads and album chart positions can be misleading because there can be a huge drop-off in sales compared to chart positions, and that you can sell relatively few albums and still chart, I really wanted to wait until next week when Gaon would release the numbers for the month of June before I came to a conclusion, but if I had to make a guess I’d say they sold somewhere between 20,000 – 30,000 albums and it’s possible maybe even more than that given that its holding its own in the top ten against some very heavy hitters.

Seventeen’s YouTube views are pretty good as well and when you add their two “official” channels together they have over 2 million views, 1,873,429 on their channel SEVENTEEN and 524,555 views on 1the1K so far, also all of their stage performances have close to or over 100,000 views which is also impressive, again I don’t think “views” equates to success but it does mean they are getting good exposure which nonetheless helps; I’m also mentioning this because of the fact that the SEVENTEEN channel has more views than the 1theK channel and this is unusual because it’s usually the other way round and this has got me thinking that reason is because the SEVENTEEN channel has been teasing them for years so the “fans” went there first which also made me think that as a “new debut act” maybe more people bought their album rather than just download it digitally and that’s maybe the reason it hasn’t charted elsewhere than just the album charts but again we’ll see next week I guess.
avatar
intrepid
Second Grader

Posts : 195
Reputation : 12
Join date : 2014-04-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [DISCUSSION]Official A midsummer night's sweetness discussion thread

Post by PlayboyzAdam on Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:27 pm

@intrepid, I'm too tired to respond properly right now but thanks for the report/update.

PlayboyzAdam
Fifth Grader

Posts : 1595
Reputation : 68
Join date : 2014-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [DISCUSSION]Official A midsummer night's sweetness discussion thread

Post by PlayboyzAdam on Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:28 pm

intrepid wrote:Seventeen is a little bit hard to judge because while they haven’t charted other than the album chart I’m not going to write them off as a failure
@intrepid, Failure? I thought they were doing quite well. Weren't they nominated for winning a few times on MTV The Show?

intrepid wrote:My reasoning that they are probably doing better than what their lack of chart position would indicate is the fact they debut on the Billboard World Album Chart at #9 and according to news reports “This success is proved by the number of views that “Adore U” got, which is the highest among fellow rookie groups that have debuted this year.
@intrepid, I see...so they're not charting on the Korean charts?



intrepid wrote:their Gaon Album chart positions are as follows:-

31/05/15 – 06/06/15 Ranking #8
07/06/15 – 13/06/15 Ranking #5
14/06/15 – 20/06/15 Ranking #8
21/06/15 – 27/06/15 Ranking #4
@intrepid, this is interesting...it seems to suggest that they are getting plenty of support from international fans but Korean's don't seem to be that interested in them.


intrepid wrote:Something to note is EXO had LOVE ME RIGHT – The 2nd Album Repackage in 2 versions debut at the same time at 1st and 2nd position and held the same position through to the 2nd week but dropped below Seventeen by the third, however by the 4th week the only groups above Seventeen are new entries Teen Top, AOA and Sistar in descending order.
@intrepid, If I'm still understanding this properly and we are still talking about physical sales then I think EXO fans are just really supportive and most EXO fans bought the albums within the first 2 weeks and that why EXO's album ranked so high but they ranked lower in subsequent weeks because most fans had already bought their albums.

intrepid wrote:While I’m hesitant to make much of this because I’ve always maintained Album sales don’t mean as much...
@intrepid, I know you already know this but I'm still going to say it for anyone else that is reading this. The physical sales is a good indication of how supportive international fans are because most international fans are only capable of contributing to physical sales so in that sense physical sales do mean a lot.


intrepid wrote:album chart positions can be misleading because there can be a huge drop-off in sales compared to chart positions, and that you can sell relatively few albums and still chart
@intrepid, I'm not sure that is exactly true. I think you can sell relatively new physical albums and still chart IF the album has lots of digital sales(i.e. downloads and streams). Although that I do agree that album chart positions can be misleading in general. While album chart positions do give an indication of how well the album is doing, it'll only tell you how well the album is doing relative to albums from other artists and this is really only good for figuring out the chances of winning awards. To get an indication of how well the album is doing financially the sales figure are more important...although winning awards do help with the sales figures too.

@intrepid, in summary you're really telling me that only AMNS is really make money for Pledis? AMNS sounds like it's actually doing pretty good with about 1,000,000 streams a week. From http://afterschooldaze.forumotion.com/t407p420-info-playgirlz-voter-automated-after-school-voting-and-support-system you'll see that I've calculated that from a $7.99(USD I think) 30 day streaming pass, one streaming of the song gives them a maximum of 26 cent per streaming(i.e. I say maximum because that $0.26 doesn't take into consideration of expenses like downloading company service charges). So 1,000,000*0.26 = $260000 per week...that's a lot of money but that money needs to be split between Pledis and Brand New music and assuming that it's a 50/50 split Pledis is really just getting a maximum of $130000 per week. Since Pledis is an entertainment company with many employees and expenses I have no idea how much of that $130000 dollar is actually profit that Pledis can use to invest in After School's comeback. Does anyone here have a more accurate idea figuring how much funds Pledis has for investing in After School's comeback?

EDIT: I've just thought of this. To get a better idea of how much Pledis can invest in After School's comeback. We also need to figure out how much losses have they acquired from the promotions that didn't go so well....arggg to much to think about, I'm going back to my After School spazz session, bye.

PlayboyzAdam
Fifth Grader

Posts : 1595
Reputation : 68
Join date : 2014-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [DISCUSSION]Official A midsummer night's sweetness discussion thread

Post by intrepid on Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:22 pm

@PlayboyzAdam This takes a little bit of explaining so I’ll try and be comprehensive as possible to avoid confusion.
Gaon chart position breakdown works like this, the Digital Chart position is determined by the combined calculation of album and digital download sales in Korea plus views on social media sites, streams and so forth. The Digital Download Chart is as it sounds the number of times per week a song is purchased from a Korean music site but doesn’t include outside the country sites like itunes; the Gaon Album chart position is again like the name suggests the position determined by the total physical sales per week sold in Korea.
Two things to note about physicals sales is that the number of sales is released by Gaon “monthly” (which is why I have to wait until next Thursday when those numbers are released,) and the second thing is if a foreign fan purchases the album that isn’t calculated into the total sales unless you purchase from a site that stipulates that it’s registered to do so; for example, buy any album from the Soompi store it’s calculated, buy it from yesasia or Amazon it’s not.

The Gaon figures for albums sales for May are:-
1 Shinee                          – 165346/165346
2방탄소년단                       – 76844/156651
3 Sung Kyu                      – 68090/68090
4 Hyun-Seung                  – 21925/21925
5 EXO                              – 17585/470454
6 HyoSung                       – 13664/13664
7 Kara                             – 13352/13352
8 Boa                              – 12386/12386
9 XIA                               – 12045/12045
10마이네임(MYNAME)         – 10315/10315
100 EXO(different album from above) - 445/2163

The above is to give you an idea of how the album sales are represented in the Gaon Album charts, the number at the start is the chart position based on sales for that month(in Korea,) the two numbers after the artists name represents the number of sales for the month(divided by the “/”) and the total sales for the year so far; so Shinee’s album sold 165,346 in May in total so it’s number one, and EXO  who are number 5 sold only 17,585 albums in May but because it was released in March it has so far sold 470,454 albums in Korea.

The reason I don’t take the album chart position as a serious indicator is because of how little you can sell and still chart which is why I included the 100th position which is a different EXO album, a Chinese version I believe, which only sold 445 units in May but still made it onto the charts, you’ll also note that from the number 1 position to the number 10 position the numbers for sales drops off quite sharply with the second position almost half the first position, so unless you are right at the top of the list like a tier 1 group you really don’t sell enough physical album to make much of a claim of success regardless of where you chart below the top 5 or thereabouts.

The Billboard Chart takes into consideration of “all” the sales figures from registered sites “worldwide” but it doesn’t release any numbers that I can find so what that total number is anyone’s guess.

The trouble I’m have in figuring out how Seventeen is doing stems from the fact I’m getting two completely different signals, on the one hand the anecdotal evidence is that the music is doing great is well supported and liked with positive reviews, but on the other hand the “hard” evidence, the fact it hasn’t charted other than in albums seems to indicate it isn’t doing well. When I’ve looked into how well other music from Orange Caramel, After School and HelloVenus has done in the past there was no such discrepancy, I could tell from the outside sources just how well they were doing even before I got the numbers just by skimming reviews on different sites and gaging the public response which in Seventeens case is good, glowing even! So I’m baffled at the moment, but I have a theory that the reason for the lack of chart positions in other categories is because Seventeen has sold almost exclusively albums and I’m basing my theory on the fact that their album is not only charting high but maintaining position and is only being held at bay by the really big tier 1 type groups; an example of this is two weeks ago 2PM released their album which got the number one position and Seventeen’s album at the same time lost 3 positions but the next week 2PM’s album dropped 4 positions to number 5 below Seventeen which itself went up 4 places; in fact none of the albums that have been above Seventeens since they entered the album charts have been there more than two weeks before dropping below Seventeens position which to me indicates that Seventeen is selling a lot of albums and in consistent numbers from week to week to maintain position against all but the big hitters.
But I won’t know for sure until next week when I get the album numbers.
avatar
intrepid
Second Grader

Posts : 195
Reputation : 12
Join date : 2014-04-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [DISCUSSION]Official A midsummer night's sweetness discussion thread

Post by PlayboyzAdam on Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:09 am

intrepid wrote:Gaon chart position breakdown works like this, the Digital Chart position is determined by the combined calculation of album and digital download sales in Korea plus views on social media sites, streams and so forth.
@intrepid, actually the Gaon Digital Chart is an aggregate of the digital downloads, streaming and BGM, it doesn't include physical album sales or social media data.

intrepid wrote:The Digital Download Chart is as it sounds the number of times per week a song is purchased from a Korean music site but doesn’t include outside the country sites like itunes;
@intrepid, actually the Gaon Digital Download chart is a chart only of digital downloads, it doesn't include steaming sales.


intrepid wrote:the Gaon Album chart position is again like the name suggests the position determined by the total physical sales per week sold in Korea.
Two things to note about physicals sales is that the number of sales is released by Gaon “monthly” (which is why I have to wait until next Thursday when those numbers are released,) and the second thing is if a foreign fan purchases the album that isn’t calculated into the total sales unless you purchase from a site that stipulates that it’s registered to do so; for example, buy any album from the Soompi store it’s calculated, buy it from yesasia or Amazon it’s not.
@intrepid, I'm pretty sure you are wrong about Yesasia sales not contributing to Gaon chart because Yesasia says they are reflected on the Gaon chart.
http://www.yesasia.com/global/customer-support/0-0-0-hti.3974-en/question-answer.html

PlayboyzAdam
Fifth Grader

Posts : 1595
Reputation : 68
Join date : 2014-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [DISCUSSION]Official A midsummer night's sweetness discussion thread

Post by intrepid on Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:55 am

PlayboyzAdam wrote:
intrepid wrote:Gaon chart position breakdown works like this, the Digital Chart position is determined by the combined calculation of album and digital download sales in Korea plus views on social media sites, streams and so forth.
@intrepid, actually the Gaon Digital Chart is an aggregate of the digital downloads, streaming and BGM, it doesn't include physical album sales or social media data.

intrepid wrote:The Digital Download Chart is as it sounds the number of times per week a song is purchased from a Korean music site but doesn’t include outside the country sites like itunes;
@intrepid, actually the Gaon Digital Download chart is a chart only of digital downloads, it doesn't include steaming sales.


intrepid wrote:the Gaon Album chart position is again like the name suggests the position determined by the total physical sales per week sold in Korea.
Two things to note about physicals sales is that the number of sales is released by Gaon “monthly” (which is why I have to wait until next Thursday when those numbers are released,) and the second thing is if a foreign fan purchases the album that isn’t calculated into the total sales unless you purchase from a site that stipulates that it’s registered to do so; for example, buy any album from the Soompi store it’s calculated, buy it from yesasia or Amazon it’s not.
@intrepid, I'm pretty sure you are wrong about Yesasia sales not contributing to Gaon chart because Yesasia says they are reflected on the Gaon chart.
http://www.yesasia.com/global/customer-support/0-0-0-hti.3974-en/question-answer.html

1st point, Interesting I’d swear I read that the physical was reflected in both the album and Digital Chart but if it doesn’t it doesn’t matter and makes the fact that Seventeen doesn’t show up there make more sense to me.

Your second point is what I was getting at I never said it included streams just download purchases.

Third point, Oh, my bad I was thinking of the Oricon charts (too many charts!), it’s been awhile since I read the small print; it must have been when I was checking on After Schools Japanese album releases that tricked me up so that’s good to know.
avatar
intrepid
Second Grader

Posts : 195
Reputation : 12
Join date : 2014-04-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [DISCUSSION]Official A midsummer night's sweetness discussion thread

Post by PlayboyzAdam on Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:16 pm

intrepid wrote:1st point, Interesting I’d swear I read that the physical was reflected in both the album and Digital Chart but if it doesn’t it doesn’t matter and makes the fact that Seventeen doesn’t show up there make more sense to me.
@intrepid, yep the reason why Seventeen is only charting on the Gaon Album chart and not the Digital chart is probably because Seventeen is doing crap in terms of digital sales(downloads, streaming, BGM) and doing great in terms of physical sales. I don't pay attention to the Billboard charts but given the evidences provided by the Gaon chart, it would appear that the Billboard World Album Chart only reflects physical sales. From the evidence we have we can say that Seventeen's promotion has been relatively successful if you consider the amount of international support it's been getting but I don't know if it has been financially successful.

PlayboyzAdam
Fifth Grader

Posts : 1595
Reputation : 68
Join date : 2014-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [DISCUSSION]Official A midsummer night's sweetness discussion thread

Post by Rirism on Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:53 pm

PlayboyzAdam wrote:
intrepid wrote:1st point, Interesting I’d swear I read that the physical was reflected in both the album and Digital Chart but if it doesn’t it doesn’t matter and makes the fact that Seventeen doesn’t show up there make more sense to me.
@intrepid, yep the reason why Seventeen is only charting on the Gaon Album chart and not the Digital chart is  probably because Seventeen is doing crap in terms of digital sales(downloads, streaming, BGM) and doing great in terms of physical sales. I don't pay attention to the Billboard charts but given the evidences provided by the Gaon chart, it would appear that the Billboard World Album Chart only reflects physical sales. From the evidence we have we can say that Seventeen's promotion has been relatively successful if you consider the amount of international support it's been getting but I don't know if it has been financially successful.

Yes they actually did better physically than digitally but that's because of the huge ass comebacks of the big groups mostly. They sold 20,000 copies of their album in total and were 1st on the hanteo chart and still sell good like only on a fanmeet they sold some big numbers and they still sell out well with fanmeets(today they had another fanmeet and there were lots of japanese fans wht). That being said it's quite surprising since people thought they'd be a flop and considering they're going to have a follow up after Adore U let's hope that goes way better than this.
avatar
Rirism
Pre-schooler

Posts : 46
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2014-08-23

View user profile http://rirism.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: [DISCUSSION]Official A midsummer night's sweetness discussion thread

Post by intrepid on Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:43 pm

A Midsummer Night’s Sweetness is up 5 places and is #67 in the Digital Charts for the period 28/06/15 - 04/07/15 and down 4 places in the Digital Download chart at #76 with 19,549 downloads (yet another increase in sales); In the Streaming charts it’s up 6 positions at #58 with 1,015,399 streams, in the Mobile Chart it’s up 7 places to #46.
Its monthly position in Digital Downloads is #82 up 11 places with a monthly total of 71,061.

Seventeen lost some ground in the Album Chart going down 3 places and is now at #7th place; there were two new entries 9Muses at #5th and BTOB at #1st as well as EXO and 2PM moving back up again, but still a respectable feat considering AOA and Sistar are below and dropping.

The monthly sales for June for Seventeen was 19,621 albums sold and coming in at #7 overall which is in no way a bad result and two places and over 3,000 units more than what Sistar did, a little below my guestimate of 20,000 plus but not much below it and considering its still holding in there we’ll just have to see if it can do more business this month.
avatar
intrepid
Second Grader

Posts : 195
Reputation : 12
Join date : 2014-04-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [DISCUSSION]Official A midsummer night's sweetness discussion thread

Post by PlayboyzAdam on Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:17 pm

@intrepid. thanks for the update

@intrepid wrote:...in the Digital Download chart at #76 with 19,549 downloads...

...In the Streaming charts it’s up 6 positions at #58 with 1,015,399 streams, in the Mobile Chart it’s up 7 places to #46...
I find it very interesting that Koreans seem to prefer to buy AMNS with streaming passes oppose to buying the song as a download where they can permanently keep the song.

PlayboyzAdam
Fifth Grader

Posts : 1595
Reputation : 68
Join date : 2014-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [DISCUSSION]Official A midsummer night's sweetness discussion thread

Post by intrepid on Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:08 pm

PlayboyzAdam wrote:@intrepid. thanks for the update

@intrepid wrote:...in the Digital Download chart at #76 with 19,549 downloads...

...In the Streaming charts it’s up 6 positions at #58 with 1,015,399 streams, in the Mobile Chart it’s up 7 places to #46...
I find it very interesting that Koreans seem to prefer to buy AMNS with streaming passes oppose to buying the song as a download where they can permanently keep the song.

Yes it’s strange but the thing I’m finding fascinating is that since it returned back to the charts in late April it been steadily increasing in downloads and now at almost 20,000 downloads a week, that’s better than some debut songs are doing at the moment and it’s now over a year old! Shocked
avatar
intrepid
Second Grader

Posts : 195
Reputation : 12
Join date : 2014-04-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [DISCUSSION]Official A midsummer night's sweetness discussion thread

Post by intrepid on Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:18 pm

A Midsummer Night’s Sweetness is down 10 places and is #77 in the Digital Charts for the period 05/07/15 - 11/07/15 (considering there are about 20+ new entries above its position that’s not a significant drop) and down 9 places in the Digital Download chart at #85 with 18,783 downloads; In the Streaming charts it’s down 5 positions at #63 with 980,067 streams, in the Mobile Chart it’s down 6 places to #52.

Seventeen is still holding on in the Album Charts and moved up two places to #5, and that’s up against three new entries, Big Bang, SNSD, Girl’s Day and with EXO dropping two places to 4th.

An interesting little factoid I came across about AMNS was in an interview San E stated that it came about because the CEO’s of Brand New and Pledis are in fact friends.
avatar
intrepid
Second Grader

Posts : 195
Reputation : 12
Join date : 2014-04-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [DISCUSSION]Official A midsummer night's sweetness discussion thread

Post by intrepid on Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:36 pm

A Midsummer Night’s Sweetness is down 1 places and is #78 in the Digital Charts for the period 12/07/15 - 18/07/15 and down 1 places in the Digital Download chart at #86 with 18,402 downloads; (There were 22 new entries above them that week and they only lost one position, that’s impressive!) In the Streaming charts it’s down 1 position at #64 with 966,844 streams, in the Mobile Chart it’s down 23 places to #75.

Seventeen is down in the Album Charts and lost nine places to #14.
avatar
intrepid
Second Grader

Posts : 195
Reputation : 12
Join date : 2014-04-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [DISCUSSION]Official A midsummer night's sweetness discussion thread

Post by PlayboyzAdam on Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:28 pm

@intrepid, thanks for the chart/sales updates.

PlayboyzAdam
Fifth Grader

Posts : 1595
Reputation : 68
Join date : 2014-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [DISCUSSION]Official A midsummer night's sweetness discussion thread

Post by PlayboyzAdam on Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:55 pm

This post is just to answer fans asking how I did my calculations for AMSN earning that I posted on twitter. I think I mistakenly posted that it  was for digital downloads on twitter. It was actually for streaming.

The first thing to note is that I said those earning don't take expenses into consideration (i.e. promotion cost, training, practice, distribution e.t.c) and these numbers are for figuring out the maximum Pledis could possibly earn.

My calculations are based on $7.99(USD I think...see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qku6P2_Ffts) 30 day MelOn streaming pass. To work out the maxium Pledis and Raina could possibly earn we assume that streaming passes used to listen to AMSN are only used to listen to AMSN(otherwise other artist could get some of that money) and we assume that the streaming passes are used to perform 1 stream a day(streaming the song more than once a day lowers the price of each streaming per day). With all that settled then one streaming of the song gives them a maximum of 26 cent (i.e. 7.99/30=0.266...).

Looking at the Gaon chart updates from intrepid(see posts from above) you'll see that lately Raina has been getting about 1,000,000 streamings per week. I've check Gaon and he's correct. So 1,000,000*$0.26 = $260000(i.e. AMSN is bringing into Pledis, Raina, Brand New Music and San E a total of $260000 per weekly.) Left assume that the earning from AMSN is split in 50/50 between Pledis and Brand New Music that means that Pledis gets a maxium of $130000. Of course Raina get some of that money too but I don't know how much and how much Raina earns  is irrelevant right now because all this is to figure out the MAXIMUM of what Pledis could possibly earn. The figure I posted on twitter was per month and since there is about 4 weeks in a month then Pledis gets a maximum of about  4*$130000=$520000 per month.

OK, let's discuss the accuracy of that estimation,

If you've been keeping track then one of the most important things to notice about the math is that if the streaming pass is used multiple times a day then that lowers the final result.

I only use used the $7.99/30 day stream pass because that'll give Pledis the most money but it's possible that fans bought a different pass that give Pledis less.

I only used the MelOn prices because that'll all I know but the Gaon streaming chart give a cumulative total of streaming across other music service providers too(e.g. Soribada).

As I've already stated, those calculation doesn't take expense into consideration(e.g. music service provider fees) so the reality is that Pledis is probably earning a lot less.

I'm actually glad that fans have enquire about how I got those figures because the fandom has an annoying habbit of listening to any crap that anyone says and that's caused problems.

If someone says something please don't just take their words for it...with that said

‏@puretoria(on twitter), where did you get the information from that psy only made $61k from gangnam style thru digital sales in korea? Also how do you know labels can get as little as 30 won per download? You're probably right  but unless you provided actually references or explain those figure I don't believe them...I trying to emphasis on a point here, I hope you guys are getting it.

EDIT: it is made very clear that people don't understand the purpose of me writing that part of this post we I discuss the accuracy of my estimation so I'll see if I can say it in a way where you can hopeffy understand THERE IS NO WAY PLEDIS CAN MAKE $520000 BECAUSE AS I'VE STATE OVER AND OVER THAT THIS ESTIMATION DO NOT TAKE INTO CONSIDERATION OF EXPENSES.

The purpose of that figure is to get an idea of what Pledis can possibly get regardless of how accurate it is because I don't pretend to know things I don't know unlike some sources.

PlayboyzAdam
Fifth Grader

Posts : 1595
Reputation : 68
Join date : 2014-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [DISCUSSION]Official A midsummer night's sweetness discussion thread

Post by intrepid on Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:35 pm

A Midsummer Night’s Sweetness is up 7 places and is #71 in the Digital Charts for the period 19/07/15 - 25/07/15 and up 14 places in the Digital Download chart at #72 with 18,182 downloads, In the Streaming charts it’s down 2 position at #66 with 966,701 streams, it’s no longer in the Mobile Chart.
avatar
intrepid
Second Grader

Posts : 195
Reputation : 12
Join date : 2014-04-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [DISCUSSION]Official A midsummer night's sweetness discussion thread

Post by intrepid on Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:43 pm

A Midsummer Night’s Sweetness is down 3 places and is #74 in the Digital Charts for the period 26/07/15 - 01/08/15 and down 8 places in the Digital Download chart at #80 with 18,715 downloads, In the Streaming charts it’s holding position at #66 with 997,144 streams, and its back in the Mobile Charts rising 91 places to #91; its monthly position is down 2 positions to #75 and it’s Digital Download position for the month is up 8 positions to #74 with 83,450 downloads, its monthly streaming position is down 1 place to #60 with 4,348,556 streams
avatar
intrepid
Second Grader

Posts : 195
Reputation : 12
Join date : 2014-04-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [DISCUSSION]Official A midsummer night's sweetness discussion thread

Post by PlayboyzAdam on Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:25 pm

@intrepid, Haha I hope Raina gets a raise...or at least that box of grape she want.

PlayboyzAdam
Fifth Grader

Posts : 1595
Reputation : 68
Join date : 2014-02-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [DISCUSSION]Official A midsummer night's sweetness discussion thread

Post by intrepid on Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:39 pm

PlayboyzAdam wrote:@intrepid, Haha I hope Raina gets a raise...or at least that box of grape she want.
cheers
avatar
intrepid
Second Grader

Posts : 195
Reputation : 12
Join date : 2014-04-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [DISCUSSION]Official A midsummer night's sweetness discussion thread

Post by intrepid on Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:45 pm

A midsummer night's sweetness was published on Jun 11, 2014 so to Just update this thread this is what AMSNS been doing in 2015 in digital downloads.

26/04/15 - 02/05/15  13,946
03/05/15 - 09/09/15  13,913
10/05/15 - 15/05/15  14,480
17/05/15 - 23/05/15  14,971
24/05/15 - 30/05/15  15,023
31/05/15 - 06/06/15  15,026
14/06/15 - 20/06/15  17,069
21/06/15 - 27/06/15  18,180
28/06/15 - 04/07/15  19,549
05/07/15 - 11/07/15  18,783
12/07/15 - 18/07/15  18,402
19/07/15 - 25/07/15  18,182
26/07/15 - 01/08/15  18,715
Totalling so far 216,239 for the year.

Added to the 2014 total which was 1,537,798 = 1,754,037
avatar
intrepid
Second Grader

Posts : 195
Reputation : 12
Join date : 2014-04-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [DISCUSSION]Official A midsummer night's sweetness discussion thread

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum