[Discussion] Nana and Roommate

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Discussion] Nana and Roommate

Post by arhat on Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:04 pm

I agree that this may be the time for Nana to evolve and develop herself. She needs to set boundaries on men, and if not here then where? It seemed like he was the only guy to do it, when the other male castmembers wouldn't, either due to stans, silly PD, or Seho calling "dibs".

If you really like someone, you should also take heart of that person's individual traits and qualities.

arhat
Pre-schooler

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Marinesquad49 on Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:47 am

I feel Seho makes more out of/thinks more of his friendship with Nana than it really is (Ice cream outing). He's fallen into that case of "she is nice to me so that means she likes me" zone. He not only oversteps his role but blocks others or gets jealous if men get close to Nana (Jeffrey).

When Nana received love in the first 1/3 of season 1 and she started getting praise after allying up with Seho, I'll admit I was glad the love stopped. But now it's like putting a boar in a room with a duck dinner =/

Marinesquad49
Second Grader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by arhat on Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:01 am

That's my issue with Seho, he was jealous of any suitor for Nana even though he wasn't even her boyfriend, especially during the Kong Ling Qi meeting. If that part was real, where Nana had to meet him alone for a business meeting, Seho really just ruined it for her and made it about his fan meeting. What a way to love her.

I'm sorry but can you make clearer on what you were saying in your second paragraph? I honestly don't remember everything from past episodes, and I don't understand the idiom you used since it's the first time I've seen it, even though it may just be reiterating what you've just said earlier. I also don't know what the Korean netizens are saying about Nana and Roommates overall, if that's what you mean about the love and praise.

arhat
Pre-schooler

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Marinesquad49 on Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:32 am

Sure. In the first 6 episodes of the show, Nana would receive weekly real time love comments from Netizens after each airing about how she should stay away from Chanyeol, be more respectful to Park Bom because she is mean, or that she was fake. It got to bad that one point in the show she confesses to Hong Soohyun that she's under a lot of stress because she reads all the comments and feels bad.

When Seho "paired up" with Nana, the love subsided. People started cheering on and shipping them for whatever reason. The producer of Roommate must have noticed this and started shooting a lot of the show with them together. Then outside of the show Roommate, Nana and Seho did several projects together like Orange CaramelxSeho in Gangnam Avenue & Immortal Song. Now it seems like Seho feels he owns Nana due to all the time they spend together.

Marinesquad49
Second Grader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by arhat on Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:57 am

Oh you mean h8. You can't spell out the word as it is, or else the forum will censor it into the word love. I thought you really meant love. I didn't even knew who Chanyeol was before Roommates, and if Chanyeol wanted to get to know Nana and loveline with her, the EXO stans should have accepted that. It's just as much as Chanyeol's "fault" as it is Nana's. It's like there's something wrong with Korean culture to see Nana the way they do. I think they're shipping Nana x Seho because they feel safe with someone they're jealous of lovelining with someone she would be wasted on. They don't want an Angelina Jolie to get with their Brad Pitt, they'd rather see her with Ron Jeremy to feel safe and for her to fail, in a way.

It pissed me off how Lizzy and Kaeun approved of Seho x Nana, regardless of their reason to say it.

I have no idea why Seho collaborated with Nana and Orange Caramel in My Copycat and Gangnam Avenue. I personally hated the MVs, especially because of his inclusion in significant roles: having to find him in My Copycat and being the guy Nana runs from in Gangnam Avenue. Either Nana was too nice and let him when he asked, along with Pledis' approval, or the PD got them both together.

Someone needs to rescue Nana and sweep her off her feet. There are so many other men out there, especially those who would understand Nana for she is and whom Nana would feel sexually attracted to.

EDIT:
If Lizzy and Kaeun really approve, then we're seeing different worlds. Good looks and minds aren't always congruent.

I liked the dance version of My Copycat more than I like the official MV.

I just noticed that 'hated' doesn't get filtered, as long as h8 has another letter attached to it.

arhat
Pre-schooler

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by intrepid on Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:52 pm

@arhat. LoL, I think you are overreacting because Nana has no interest in Seho romantically but if you want to know why so many people ship these two then watch nearly any eighties romantic film ever made; it’s all about Mr average getting the beautiful unattainable girl, people love that sort of stuff and lap it up!
I think they both understand the situation and are just taking advantage of it for filming purposes and Lizzy and Kaeun are either in on it or just trolling, anyway it’s not like they were going to insult the guy publicly.

The thing I like most about Nana is her personality is such she can easily get along well with anyone regardless of age or gender and gets close to them quickly, it’s also the same traits that get her in trouble with Korean conservatives but I hope she never changes; I believe she and Seho have a genuine friendship which is great but I wouldn’t worry that it’s something more.
intrepid
Second Grader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Marinesquad49 on Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:15 pm

I think Lizzy trolled Nana to get back at her for when Nana called Lizzy on Style Log and said Lizzy had a boyfriend hahahaha lol!

Marinesquad49
Second Grader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by arhat on Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:12 am

I guess that's the nature of the entertainment industry in Korea. Where scripted entertainment is extending into "reality" shows to the point where one can hardly tell the difference between scripted situations and genuine ones. What I like about fiction is that at least the lie is complete.

I guess I can understand for Lizzy and Kaeun. But it didn't stop Toshi from publicly stating that Nana is wasted on Seho, but one could say that Toshi can say that since he is Seho's friend, while Lizzy and Kaeun would have to risk damage to their careers and After School and Orange Caramel if they said that they really believed.

I hope Nana never changes too, even if it were to mean for her to do something drastic, like moving out of Korea and starting a new life elsewhere. I mean she could be herself and live out the rest of her career and life in Korea and endure the conservative culture, but the chances of Korean culture changing is slim, especially when the culture is passed down through generations. And to cite this experiment. https://skeptics.stackexchange.com/questions/6828/was-the-experiment-with-five-monkeys-a-ladder-a-banana-and-a-water-spray-condu

arhat
Pre-schooler

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by arhat on Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:14 pm

I find it ironic and sad that Roommates have consistently the lowest ratings, despite producers' attempt to boost it with the Seho x Nana loveline. While Episode 2 had the highest ratings. [Link] I forgot how Episode 2 went, but I bet it was during the early stages before everything became scripted, and when everyone was talking to each other, without much feedback from the netizens.

arhat
Pre-schooler

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Marinesquad49 on Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:44 pm

No Roommate this week due to the Asian Games. Until next week!

Marinesquad49
Second Grader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by arhat on Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:10 am

Bummer, I was looking forward to seeing a new episode.

I don't think viewers should see the Seho x Nana loveline like an 80's romance movie. This is real life, and Nana's personal preferences for whom she finds attractive should be respected.

Here's to the loveline being terminated this season.

arhat
Pre-schooler

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by xtinevang on Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:39 pm

I've been keeping up with Season 2 of 'Roommate' and the producers & editors basically "stopped" the Seho x Nana loveline. I think it was cute in the beginning of the stages, but the more I see them interact I feel like they're a sibling relationship. Lol.

Now...I am totally shipping Nana with Park Min Woo. The reason I say that is because in Season 2, you can clearly see that Min Woo and Nana seem to have gotten really close and comfortable around each other (they're usually talking to each other and sitting/standing next to each other). When you watch S2, you don't really notice it because it's subtle (in the background) but I think it's adorable.

I love S2 of 'Roommate', but I totally miss S1 casts. I don't know, I feel like S2 is comical/funny, but S1 had a more "family" feel to it. Just my opinion though.

xtinevang
Maknae

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by arhat on Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:56 am

Either the loveline really was affected, or they made Seho stop it. Either way, I'm glad it's over... Although I get a little edgy when Seho sits or stands with Nana, or does events with her the house splits into groups.

I agree with you. Season 2 feels very different from Season 1, in that regard.

arhat
Pre-schooler

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Marinesquad49 on Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:06 am

xtinevang wrote:I've been keeping up with Season 2 of 'Roommate' and the producers & editors basically "stopped" the Seho x Nana loveline. I think it was cute in the beginning of the stages, but the more I see them interact I feel like they're a sibling relationship. Lol.

I agree. At the time when the 2ne1 and Chanyeol fandoms kept hating her for the interactions, Se Ho stepped in like a knight to save her. Then he overstayed his welcome...way overstayed haha.

xtinevang wrote:Now...I am totally shipping Nana with Park Min Woo. The reason I say that is because in Season 2, you can clearly see that Min Woo and Nana seem to have gotten really close and comfortable around each other (they're usually talking to each other and sitting/standing next to each other). When you watch S2, you don't really notice it because it's subtle (in the background) but I think it's adorable.

I should watch more closely for Nana/Min Woo. I only remember the selfie time . In the last episode I noticed Dong Wook & Nana had a playful race. This after Dong Wook admitted before he liked Nana but stepped aside for Seho in a bro act.

I think/hope she interacts with the guys on the show more but I also realize she'll be scarce on the show soon due to the japan tour and schedules overseas

As for love lines, the main one we see on screen right now is Jackson and Youngji. To be honest even at the start of season 1 I thought it would be hard to setup love lines like say a Real World or Jersey Shore show does. Sure the PD had a split amount of guys and girls around the same age, but did we really think Mama Shin and Lee Sora would hook up? Any dating or scandal if any would happen to the younger cast but because of their professions or images it wouldn't have been wise even if they wanted it (Song Gayeon has to train, Park Bom Nana Chanyeol all have to sing and keep the single image) Now that the PD has changed the concept to Home Share Whole Share, they live more like a family which is more comfortable. One thing for sure though is season 1 and 2 both have comedy. I'm always laughing and crying at their activities Laughing Laughing Laughing

Marinesquad49
Second Grader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by xtinevang on Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:59 pm

Yeah, he did overstay his welcome. But you can still see that Seho, Dongwook, and Minwoo are protecting Nana as a big brother (super sweet of them). Remember how Omma Shin kept saying that he felt bad for Nana because the audience saw her in a bad light; I think that's why they're protective of her. But she is freakin' awesome on the show!!

Yes, you should watch their interactions closely. And yes... I totally see Dong Wook and Nana interacting more closely too. It's cute. I really did wish we could of seen a Dong Wook and Nana loveline. Lol. I also saw Jackson and Nana interacting too; at the mudflat. It was brief but super cute. I agree that I wish I could see Nana interacting more with the males in 'Roommate', but I think she stopped because she got a lot of love on this show and 'Style Log' which is really sad and stupid imo. I just think they fans are jealous. LOL!

I ship Jackson and Youngji too, but the fact they're relatively new in the industry and both idols. I highly doubt that we'll see the loveline expanding or any other loveline expanding in 'Roommate' at all. But I am enjoying season 2 though.

xtinevang
Maknae

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by arhat on Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:32 am

Don't forget that writing h8 as it is will get filtered into 'love'.

arhat
Pre-schooler

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by xtinevang on Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:09 pm

arhat wrote:Don't forget that writing h8 as it is will get filtered into 'love'.

Haha. Thanks. Not "h8ing" on anyone or Nana. Lol.

xtinevang
Maknae

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top