After School Daze - International Fan Forum for After School
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meet and Greet on MWave 3/27/14

+2
captainsprunchz
Marinesquad49
6 posters

Go down

Which of the girls in Orange Caramel would you want to autograph your cd?

Meet and Greet on MWave 3/27/14 I_vote_lcap25%Meet and Greet on MWave 3/27/14 I_vote_rcap 25% 
[ 2 ]
Meet and Greet on MWave 3/27/14 I_vote_lcap13%Meet and Greet on MWave 3/27/14 I_vote_rcap 13% 
[ 1 ]
Meet and Greet on MWave 3/27/14 I_vote_lcap62%Meet and Greet on MWave 3/27/14 I_vote_rcap 62% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 8

Meet and Greet on MWave 3/27/14 Empty Meet and Greet on MWave 3/27/14

Post by Marinesquad49 Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:41 am

The saying goes: Great things are worth waiting for.   I love you 

This goes without saying for the online Meet and Greet that happened on March 27th at 3pm KST/11pm PST with the goddesses of Orange Caramel. Fans sat in front of their computers and mobile phones listening to the full album Catallena on repeat and eagerly awaited OC's arrival online to chat and compete for cool autograph swag.

MWave hosted the web based event, making available for sales copies of Catallena and other memorabilia that fans could buy to support our lovely ladies. The top 5 fans would receive a combination of signed CDs and pictures with the number one supporter getting an extra special prize!

This being my the first online Meet and Greet, I was ecstatic. Although I couldn't purchase a copy of the album seeing as how they sold out almost immediately upon release, I felt that it spoke volumes to the fact that the team's fan base is world wide from Asia to Europe to the United States and the Middle East.

The girls logged on dressed up in matching tan and caramel colored polka dotted floral dresses. They looked radiant and cute as always. With the help of MWave staff and multilingual commentators, OC spoke to fans via commentator messages as well as through smiles and messages to the cameras directly. Fans got to send their wishes and love through the fan board. Language was no barrier as the platform MWave used had a built in Google Translate. All messages were translated to Korean for the girls to read and enjoy. Our very bright Lizzy translated the shorter messages in English herself for Nana and Raina.

The whole event lasted an hour but it seemed to go by so fast! You could say this was in part to when you are involved in something fun or something you love it goes by quickly. But also MWave's website experienced numerous technical difficulties that cut the live video feed of the girls on several occasions No . Nonetheless, Orange Caramel showed their appreciation back to their fans.

Of those who could purchase a copy of Catallena, their avatars were randomly placed on one of 13 mosaic tiles. From each tile that contained roughly 50 or so fans, 29 got picked to receive their purchased copies autographed by OC!! (So jelly Neutral It's like Christmas in March  santa )

Some of these fans had the chance to write a special shout out to the team which the girls read on air. Many of the avatars showed Orange Caramel profile pictures because supporters love the girls that much. Many Lizzy pictures showed up  queen  But we have love for Nana and Raina as well  cheers 

About halfway through the event, the team stopped for a special event! The girls watched a compilation video of fans' webcam reactions to watching the Catallena video for the first time. OC smiled and giggled as they hypnotically watched fans hypnotized by the music video. Many fans danced along to the choreography but it was a cute baby watching the video that stole the hearts of Orange Caramel.

As I personally wrote messages on the fan board as well as read messages from other supporters, I could tell that fans from all countries such as the Philippines, United States, and Mexico stayed up and logged in to cheer on OC. The team had a lot of aegyo moments including Lizzy singing a little solo song to the audience  cherry and Nana singing portions of a kid's song  tongue 

Towards the end, the team did Happy Hour! The avatars of fans who didn't get selected in the first round of drawing got a second chance to receive their albums signed! This made many fans unexpectedly happy as their CDs just became even more precious to them.

The girls mentioned that they've only toured in Southeast Asia but they would love a chance to tour in other countries. While I suggested they come to the United States  bounce  Lizzy mentioned she would like to tour in Europe. Some day maybe, some day.

But as for March 27th, Orange Caramel made it quite a day for everyone with their style and charm.

Meet and Greet on MWave 3/27/14 Oc10

Thanks for reading,

Thursty
Meet and Greet on MWave 3/27/14 Me11

Marinesquad49
Second Grader

Back to top Go down

Meet and Greet on MWave 3/27/14 Empty Re: Meet and Greet on MWave 3/27/14

Post by captainsprunchz Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:23 pm

This is absolutely amazing!

Ah! I'm so happy they have so many international fans! (like me hahaha...)

Did they respond to any of your questions? Very Happy

Wow, thank you for sharing this!!! This super awesome, and detailed! I feel like I was there Very Happy
captainsprunchz
captainsprunchz
ASDaze Team

http://captain-sprunchz.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Marinesquad49 Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:38 pm

Instead of questions, I messaged suggestions about touring the US (the closest is when Kahi visited Las Vegas for vacation Embarassed ). The English commentator relayed the message and that's when it was revealed the team would love to travel and tour outside of Southeast Asia  Very Happy I would so go a concert either here in the US or if I could make it overseas to there  What a Face

You're welcome, it was my pleasure to share the experience of seeing our idols last night  Cool

-Thursty

Marinesquad49
Second Grader

Back to top Go down

Post by Gokoulssj Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:17 am

Bro, great job, very detailed. I enjoyed reading your review very much. I missed a couple of things from the broadcast for various reasons. One thing I didn't know how to do was leave a message on one of my tiles. I was disappointed in that, but was happy because one of my tiles was selected. They open my tile, but all it said was my name. (I was on the 11 page with the Superman "S" logo, My name is Juan)  This was also my first time and I don't know how it works. My name is one the winners list, yet still can't believe I was chosen.
Gokoulssj
Gokoulssj
Second Grader

Back to top Go down

Post by PlayboyzAdam Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:32 am

@Marinesquad49, great article thanks for sharing it with us.

@Gokoulssj, congratulations for being select for the winners list.

PlayboyzAdam
Fifth Grader

Back to top Go down

Post by WillTop8 Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:43 pm

Gokoulssj wrote:Bro, great job, very detailed. I enjoyed reading your review very much. I missed a couple of things from the broadcast for various reasons. One thing I didn't know how to do was leave a message on one of my tiles. I was disappointed in that, but was happy because one of my tiles was selected. They open my tile, but all it said was my name. (I was on the 11 page with the Superman "S" logo, My name is Juan)  This was also my first time and I don't know how it works. My name is one the winners list, yet still can't believe I was chosen.

I saw you ^.^ i was WillTop8 Smile i can't wait to see who's Polaroid i got I'm assuming it was Nanas since she read my message and took a photo when they got to my name. Btw how many times where you choosen?
WillTop8
WillTop8
Pre-schooler

Back to top Go down

Post by WillTop8 Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:47 pm

FYI the albums of winners will be signed by ALL the member not just one Smile
WillTop8
WillTop8
Pre-schooler

Back to top Go down

Post by Gokoulssj Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:51 pm

kpopgeneration wrote:I saw you ^.^ i was WillTop8 :)i can't wait to see who's Polaroid i got I'm assuming it was Nanas since she read my message and took a photo when they got to my name. Btw how many times where you choosen?

Oh man, I saw your name a lot on the winners list, Congratulations and also for getting a Polaroid. I was only chosen once, but that is enough for me. I wanted to buy more albums, but I don't get paid until next week. Still four is all I needed to at least get one signed. All three of them signed the Album, say you. Wow, that's so cool.

Im not sure if this will happen on After School next comeback, but I've started a AS/OC fund for it. LOL All I need to do is save and figure out how to leave a message in one of the tiles.
Gokoulssj
Gokoulssj
Second Grader

Back to top Go down

Post by Renzel Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:20 pm

Hello Thursty! Please include a label [DISCUSSION] before your topic title. Thanks! ^^
Renzel
Renzel
Admin

http://j-royale.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down