[GOSSIP] What's with the "bad relationship" between KBS and Pledis???

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[GOSSIP] What's with the "bad relationship" between KBS and Pledis???

Post by Lolita55 on Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:29 pm

I know Uee MC-ed for Music bank in 2012 and during Flashback era, but this past summer, First Love was not performed on Music Bank. This makes me sad because After School didn't get much exposer as they could have performing on Music Core, Inkigayo, AND Music Bank.

I also know that all of the other Pledis idols/groups do not perform at Music Bank (Nu'est, Hello Venus, Son Dam Bi, Kahi, and Orange Caramel). I feel like this is a huge handicap for Pledis and there idols.

Any thoughts or ideas?
Lolita55
Maknae

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [GOSSIP] What's with the "bad relationship" between KBS and Pledis???

Post by Mbi on Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:30 pm

Not sure if its true. But we should think of it this way, Music Bank is losing out
Mbi
ASDaze Team

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Renzel on Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:06 am

It is because UEE didn't went to her last recording in Music Bank as an MC because she went to film 'Barefoot Friends'. I think KBS felt a little bit disappointed with it because her contract is not yet done but she already fled away to (some Asian country I forgot) to film her new Variety Show. The day UEE was absent is unexpected by KBS that's why they rushed on getting substitute MCs for her. I remember this long implemented strict rule of KBS Music Bank that if an artist didn't come to their show and they're already in the line-up, they can't perform on Music Bank stage again (This almost happened to SNSD when their van got into an accident/delay and they ran just to catch up on Music Bank because of fear of this rule). I guess this is what happened to UEE, the only difference is, it is an MC position. But I'm not 100% sure if this rule of Music Bank is legit, that they will not let any artists to perform again once they didn't catch up on the show. Maybe it's just for a year or two years. Who knows?

I think KBS is already in good terms with AS since Nana nad Lizzy already guested in 'Hello' and they have their own variety show on KBS which is 'Beauty Bible'. but I think that rule may be the reason why they can't perform yet. KBS might not remove the long term rule of Music Bank because they might be strictly implementing it.

Anyways, I really hope they can already perform soon on Music Bank. I've waited like forever. I have KBS World and I am always waiting for Pledis Artists' performance and it really disappoints me whenever I can't see them perform. It is just beyond unreasonable. But either way, I am very hoping for a fast solution on this problem of theirs. I really want to see AS, NU'EST, Hello Venus or even Son Dambi live in my TV screen <3
Renzel
Admin

View user profile http://j-royale.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by OKDR on Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:53 am

Renzel wrote:It is because UEE didn't went to her last recording in Music Bank as an MC because she went to film 'Barefoot Friends'. I think KBS felt a little bit disappointed with it because her contract is not yet done but she already fled away to (some Asian country I forgot) to film her new Variety Show. The day UEE was absent is unexpected by KBS that's why they rushed on getting substitute MCs for her. I remember this long implemented strict rule of KBS Music Bank that if an artist didn't come to their show and they're already in the line-up, they can't perform on Music Bank stage again (This almost happened to SNSD when their van got into an accident/delay and they ran just to catch up on Music Bank because of fear of this rule). I guess this is what happened to UEE, the only difference is, it is an MC position. But I'm not 100% sure if this rule of Music Bank is legit, that they will not let any artists to perform again once they didn't catch up on the show. Maybe it's just for a year or two years. Who knows?

I think KBS is already in good terms with AS since Nana nad Lizzy already guested in 'Hello' and they have their own variety show on KBS which is 'Beauty Bible'. but I think that rule may be the reason why they can't perform yet. KBS might not remove the long term rule of Music Bank because they might be strictly implementing it.

Anyways, I really hope they can already perform soon on Music Bank. I've waited like forever. I have KBS World and I am always waiting for Pledis Artists' performance and it really disappoints me whenever I can't see them perform. It is just beyond unreasonable. But either way, I am very hoping for a fast solution on this problem of theirs. I really want to see AS, NU'EST, Hello Venus or even Son Dambi live in my TV screen <3

It would make sense. Isn't the same network they were in bad terms before? Or was it another? I don't really remember, but there was another network they came to bad terms too and they didn't perform for a long time, that was because of a polemic with Son Dambi. If I remember it right, it was because of the MAMA's (?) but don't take me seriously on that because now I really don't even remember which was their come back (for Pledis) to that show either. While the Music Bank thing happened suddenly after Uee left MC-ing for them.
OKDR
First Grader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lolita55 on Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:54 am

It would be sad if the reason why Pledis artists cannot perform on Music bank was because of UEE's failure to MC on her last recording (poor planning on Pledis's side). It just doesn't seem like a professional entertainment company would double book an artist. Pledis may be a younger and smaller company than others (i.e. YG, SM, JYP) but they're not incompetent to mess up like that. They knew the repercussions of failing to complete an artist's contract... It's so sad..  No 

But it is comforting to know that KBS is slowly forgiving Pledis! Maybe one day Pledis artists will perform on Music Bank, then After School will be able to promote their music to their full potential!
Thanks Renzel!  Laughing Very Happy Razz 
Lolita55
Maknae

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Renzel on Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:01 am

Lolita55 wrote:It would be sad if the reason why Pledis artists cannot perform on Music bank was because of UEE's failure to MC on her last recording (poor planning on Pledis's side). It just doesn't seem like a professional entertainment company would double book an artist. Pledis may be a younger and smaller company than others (i.e. YG, SM, JYP) but they're not incompetent to mess up like that. They knew the repercussions of failing to complete an artist's contract... It's so sad..  No 

But it is comforting to know that KBS is slowly forgiving Pledis! Maybe one day Pledis artists will perform on Music Bank, then After School will be able to promote their music to their full potential!
Thanks Renzel!  Laughing Very Happy Razz 

You're welcome! Smile)
and yep IKR, Pledis should've been more aware of the rules since I think it's a big loss for them. but either way, let's just hope for the full recovery on each others sides Smile
Renzel
Admin

View user profile http://j-royale.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top